Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 "Shattered Glass" Xamot Preview!

Private First Class
    I also think it might look better to just paint over that pin on his tie so it's yellow like the rest of the tie. That's what Hasbro did with the Professor X action figure and it looked less distracting than painting it a different color.

I like it! I have the figure from the 6 pack back in 2005, was my favorite version of the twins!

Quote Originally Posted by ;12262
    Everybody wants a Tomax in this "Shattered Glass" style, but there was no Tomax in the Shattered Glass series.

Only Xamot.

Tomax was likely still Xamot's twin, but could have passed away at an early age, damaging the psyche of Xamot, so much so that he created his brother in the form of his own reflection, talking and responding to a ghost...

Or Xamot's just crazy enough to create a non-existent twin in his fractured mind.
    Yes we are asking for Tomax. Yes, I already know how the character was portrayed in Shattered Glass. So? We were all fans of GI Joe long before the SG comic. Most of us won't use the figure to recreate that one scene from one issue of a comic that wasn't even part of the actual GI Joe timeline. Most collectors want these figures to display how they were in the Sunbow cartoon and the comics, where the twins were inseparable. The club even acknowledges this as a Subow tribute as much as SG. It stands to reason there should be a suited Tomax figure at some point, no matter what happened to him in SG.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Quote Originally Posted by ;12264
    I also think it might look better to just paint over that pin on his tie so it's yellow like the rest of the tie. That's what Hasbro did with the Professor X action figure and it looked less distracting than painting it a different color.
    I don't know, I think that part is fine. I occasionally wear ties at work and I have pins or clips I wear that attach to my shirt and hold the tie in place. What is worse is the black knee joints. Hopefully those parts are the same gray as the pants on the final figure.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Sergeant
    LOVE THIS! That's what I'm talkin' about! Now make us a Tomax.

Private First Class dgarlit@gmail.com's Avatar
    This looks good to me. Especially when you look at that panel from the comic!

Sergeant
    I don't mind the tie pin. Especially if they could paint a small "EE" on it.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Very nice.

This is fantastic and great tribute to the Sunbow years. I've always wanted Tomax and Xamot in their business attire with Extensive Enterprises briefcases. It's interesting but I think they were shown in suits more frequently than in their Cobra uniforms.

Can't wait for Tomax - 2017 Club figure, FSS 6 or Joe Con '17.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by jared.vitosh@gmail.com View Post
    Yes we are asking for Tomax. Yes, I already know how the character was portrayed in Shattered Glass. So? We were all fans of GI Joe long before the SG comic. Most of us won't use the figure to recreate that one scene from one issue of a comic that wasn't even part of the actual GI Joe timeline. Most collectors want these figures to display how they were in the Sunbow cartoon and the comics, where the twins were inseparable. The club even acknowledges this as a Subow tribute as much as SG. It stands to reason there should be a suited Tomax figure at some point, no matter what happened to him in SG.
    Exactly this.

Especially because the Club themselves consider it a DUAL homage, calling it both Sunbow AND Shattered Glass. That leaves plenty of room for a Sunbow twin. At the very least, a figure of the split personality/mirror-imaged Tomax persona.
    Last edited by ozcouple@live.com; 08-27-2016 at 09:47 PM.