Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 "Shattered Glass" Xamot Preview!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadpig's baby brother
    Nice figure would go great in my collection. Would like the pants to be blue as well instead of grey.
    His pants were gray in the comic, so it is accurate. Nicely done club, this figure looks great!

The pants were gray when they wore suits in the Sunbow cartoon too. He looks exactly like he should look... except there is only one of them. I know what was in the AT Shattered Glass comic, but I still think most of us want both twins if any. Hope we see Tomax somewhere soon, with a new mirrored head sculpt and vest.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

awesome, i love this figure this new head sculpt very nice work thanks club

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Yea I had to do a doubl take as well... I thought it looked like a modified billy head... Pulled out my bully figure and probed myself wrong tho

Private First Class
    Agreed. And it is also a SUNBOW tribute, as stated. So there is plenty of built-in excuse to give us Tomax. Only bummer is that it wouldn't be mirror image, unless the flower is a tampo...

Did Tomax die in the IDW Cobra series? If so, I can better except only Xamot...

And the case of money! Yahoo!!!

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Looks OK. I wish we would have a few more new parts for the entire wave.
    Last edited by morgardee@hotmail.com; 08-24-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozcouple@live.com View Post
    Agreed. And it is also a SUNBOW tribute, as stated. So there is plenty of built-in excuse to give us Tomax. Only bummer is that it wouldn't be mirror image, unless the flower is a tampo...

Did Tomax die in the IDW Cobra series? If so, I can better except only Xamot...

And the case of money! Yahoo!!!
    In the shattered glass story- alt reality where Tomax died at birth and Xamot is like Zartan and Schizophrenic. He talks to "Tomax" whose image is what Xamot sees in the mirror.

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    FINALLY! I know that everybody-including myself-used the James McCullen convention body for the suited Tomax and Xamot, but it's just different this way--it's official. I guess we will all have to try and buy another to make a custom Tomax, or it could be the 13th figure. I'm hoping the 13th is Fast Draw though. Also the Extensive Enterprises money-filled briefcase is an awesome accessory! Definitly opening and setting this one up in an office diorama!
    Last edited by sheila4420@hotmail.com; 08-24-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Everybody wants a Tomax in this "Shattered Glass" style, but there was no Tomax in the Shattered Glass series.

Only Xamot.

Tomax was likely still Xamot's twin, but could have passed away at an early age, damaging the psyche of Xamot, so much so that he created his brother in the form of his own reflection, talking and responding to a ghost...

Or Xamot's just crazy enough to create a non-existent twin in his fractured mind.
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class
    Really looking forward to this figure and the new head is a very good-looking sculpt. Only problem is there is inconsistency with the placement of the hair part, scar and flower. This is the mirror image of the cartoon Xamot. He should have the hair part, flower and scar on the opposite side that he does here. HOWEVER, the cartoon always had the scar on the opposite side that the action figures did. I definitely like the idea of staying consistent with the action figures. But to do that, his hair part needs to be on the left side, the same side as the scar.

Essentially what this figure is is EITHER cartoon Tomax with a scar or action figure Tomax with a scar. For me, I would rather be consistent with the action figures and have the hair part switched to the same side as the scar and flower.

Of course, this figure DOES match how he was drawn in Shattered Glass. The problem is the choices the artist made there are not consistent with either the cartoon or the action figure.