Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Steel Raven Preview!

Private First Class
    If I remember correctly, the colors should be black and red? Nevertheless, I like the character, like the figure and this is a plus for me in the set.

Private First Class
    Two thumbs up for me! Love it!

The figure looks kind of neat, but I have no idea if this is how she is supposed to look. Never really cared for Extreme or Sgt. Savage. But if you have Iron Klaw I guess it makes sense to have her too.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Wow! She's a LOT better than I hoped for! She's different-in a good way. She would DEFINITELY fit right in with the Iron Grenadiers, or like somebody posted earlier, maybe Bludd's daughter or whatever. I like the whole mockup of this figure, even though she doesn't look like her original design, she will fit in great with the modern-era versions of the rest of the Joe-verse. Good job on this one! Definitely a keeper here. I wonder if Heartwrencher will use a lot of these parts?

I'd be ok if that brown turns out red in the final product...

This figure looks great! It makes me really upset that I passed when I had the chance to pick up Iron Klaw from the first FSS... I didn't think there would be any more SKAR figures and him by himself didn't make sense to me... that's always my luck!

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NS550@aol.com View Post
    This figure looks great! It makes me really upset that I passed when I had the chance to pick up Iron Klaw from the first FSS... I didn't think there would be any more SKAR figures and him by himself didn't make sense to me... that's always my luck!
    I'm sorry you missed out. For me, Iron Klaw was always intended to be a sidekick to the Grenadiers. He's a dictator and never seemed right with just Cobra. Now, if we can get a few of the other Klaw members or Extreme characters, I'll be extremely happy.

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by rjhiii@sover.net View Post
    GI Joe Extreme era so no care for how the figure represents to the original. anything past 1990 really are figures that should have waited until the original 82-90 run was complete IMHO.
    Agree completely. Why are we wasting slots on these when there are so many of the original ARAH line that haven't had a modern introduction?

i'm torn on this one....

i love the colours... please don't ruin her by changing the brown to red...
    and i love that the club is trying out new parts recipes...

but having an open top and closed bottom of the coat looks a little wierd, and so does the smooth upper torso matched with a wrinkled lower torso. that looks like a resolute scarlett upper torso. is there any chance to use 50th lady jaye lower torso, agent helix legs, and amazon snake eyes cloak? oops, here i go again... my bad.

please at least consider moving that white stripe to the side instead of the middle? a drum major style uniform clasps on the side... and that white strip in the middle thee looks un-natural...

i like the general concept for this one, an update that honors the original without replicating it to a "T". even after my complaints, overall i'd give this figure a B.
    Last edited by terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com; 08-24-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    ~ the Baconnaire

Of course the Club does have to represent all collectors, so we end up getting Ninja Force, Eco Force, Battle Corps , Extreme, VvV, etc... With most of 82-86 releases at retail, but huge holes in 87, 88, 89, & 90 the ones under represented are the later era fans who grew up with neon colors, Star Brigade, weird aliens (even weirder than Cobra La) etc. and the foreign collectors. Again, the Club usually does a good job diversifying the FSS, and Con Sets to represent these eras.