Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Scoop Preview!

Quote Originally Posted by axonrey@gmail.com View Post
    The original totally hag a removable helmet because i lost mine...
    Yes, the original had a removable helmet AND a chin mic. Probably the reason for the hand held mic here. I just bought my brother a complete Scoop original to avoid his jealousy over this version.

Quote Originally Posted by csi_kincaid@yahoo.com View Post
    Yes, the original had a removable helmet AND a chin mic. Probably the reason for the hand held mic here. I just bought my brother a complete Scoop original to avoid his jealousy over this version.
    Yes, I have the original and still have the removable helmet it came with, unfortunately i lost the mic that was originally part of it. I don't think this change is going to happen because they would need to get a new head and create a new helmet since I don't think there has been a similar helmet made that would work. I always liked that about the vintage style, if they could make a removable helmet they always did, like the original sky patrol, all removable helmets. To me it takes away a lot from this figure to hide his face but other than that I think they did a great job, if they could add in his binoculars too as another accessory that would be nice!

Was just thinking, if they ever made a 3 3/4 inch scale police academy line a steve guttenberg head would be very close to the original scoop, then we just need a helmet!

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Have we seen any new cast parts yet?

Quote Originally Posted by morgardee@hotmail.com View Post
    Have we seen any new cast parts yet?
    No. All parts used so far are recognized as being mostly POC or older it appears. Well, except Gaucho, who is just a repaint of 50th Gung-Ho.

Private First Class huntersabin@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Arg, was really hoping for something special here. Just solidifying the fact that this fan will not Subscribe this go around. Again, bummer.

Allow me to correct myself. The only two pieces I can see in the reveals, at least so far, that are new is Raptor's head dress and retooled gun for Darklon.

With Scoop yes it would be nice IF he had a removable Helmet BUT He comes with the nice Camera (that originally came way back in 2008 as part of DVD Set 5 (with the elusive Beam Emitter) Back then and as recently as last yearthe Camera was a 4 piece construct with the Main camera, a lower piece with a grip, a Pole and a base. I'd almost like to see at least the grip piece come with it if not the pole and base as well.

Private First Class bdwhite79@gmail.com's Avatar
    I have always really enjoyed the character of scoop and I agree that a removable helmet sure would make this figure something amazing. I also agree that having his face covered does take away from the figure. I am fine with the handheld microphone instead of having the mic attached to his head, but please try to find a way to make his helmet removable. The club is doing a great job on 5.0, however if they give us a removable helmet for scoop they will knock this series out of the park!! Thanks for all that you guys do!

Private First Class bdwhite79@gmail.com's Avatar
    Here might be another thought....if the club can't make the helmet removable, what about making his visor clear with a red tent to it so we can at least see more of his face with his eyes instead of covering up his eyes completely. I don't know this might be just as expensive but I'm just trying to think of ways we could improve scoop.