View Poll Results: Change Salvo's body? Or his Shirt?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Make him bulkier!

42 56.76%
  • No, he's fine (but change that shirt!)

2 2.70%
  • BOTH!!!!

30 40.54%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Unofficial) Change Salvo Poll

Private First Class
    If anything, this will force me to make my own and just keep the FSS version carded. I, for one, am happy they're making Joes and putting them on vintage style cards.

Quote Originally Posted by NS550@aol.com View Post
    I think this is part of the success of the FSS, they not only include international figures but also take figures from across GI Joe's various time periods and not everyone is going to connect with every generation of figures but for the ones who were buying in the late 80s and early 90s salvo has been a very much anticipated figure and I for one would not downplay the impact a particular character has played on anyone's life. Personally I would not sub or unsub based solely on one figure however this was one of the figures in my "Must have" column and if it doesn't get retooled it will definitely be put in the "going up on ebay" column, and if enough figures end up there for me then it's just not economical to risk a full subscription for that.
    I'm a bit iffy about Gaucho as well, considering how recent the Gung-Ho figure was released I honestly thought his figure would make an effort to differentiate itself from that one.
    I think Sygil is getting at this, as well, but it's not that this figure doesn't appeal to me. Gaucho doesn't, BC Viper doesn't, the last FSS TF figures and Jammer didn't- they didn't/won't stop me from subbing. It's that this figure in name very much appeals to me, and this in no way represents what I would expect. It's not that it could be better, like Bullhorn, for instance. To me, this is a comprehensive failure, made worse by the fact they I personally can't rationalize how the Club would think this was an acceptable offering/interpretation. That may be extreme to some, but it's how I feel, and it's what makes this jeopardize my desire to sub. And think this sentiment is shared by a lot of members.

Quote Originally Posted by axonrey@gmail.com View Post
    I think Sygil is getting at this, as well, but it's not that this figure doesn't appeal to me. Gaucho doesn't, BC Viper doesn't, the last FSS TF figures and Jammer didn't- they didn't/won't stop me from subbing. It's that this figure in name very much appeals to me, and this in no way represents what I would expect. It's not that it could be better, like Bullhorn, for instance. To me, this is a comprehensive failure, made worse by the fact they I personally can't rationalize how the Club would think this was an acceptable offering/interpretation. That may be extreme to some, but it's how I feel, and it's what makes this jeopardize my desire to sub. And think this sentiment is shared by a lot of members.
    I would agree with this. It sums up my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2477
    Salvo should look more like this.
    This all day. Or at the very least use the TF Big Brawler body.

An idea to save SALVO for the die hard Salvo fans. Seems to me the scoop build is almost easy enough to make light foot. Drop Salvo, replace with Lightfoot and move Salvo to a future release? Or would to many complain because Lightfoot's helmet isn't right?

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Lightfoot is my 2nd favorite joe that helmet would definitely not work for me at least... It really only works for scoop bc its identical, it needs to be removable. I feel as strongly about figures like bullhorn and ambush... as you guys do salvo. Salvo is a pretty big deal to me as well and i agree the scrawny body is inexcusable, but, if anyone remembers me going off on bullhorn, this is about how i felt... And how i feel about that head on ambush. Im saving my money until i at least see the salvo issue touched on by the club, but its in my bank waiting to be spent, so hopefully something happens with all this up roar...
    Last edited by Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com; 08-19-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Private First Class c.j.lloyd1@juno.com's Avatar
    If they can't change Salvo there is no doubt in my mind this will affect Sub Numbers. I was on the fence waiting for a home run reveal and this one knocked me off the fence landing on the "no way" side. I've subbed all 4 times up until now but the Club needs to want our money. We can't just give up our money for mediocre product simply because it's our only outlet. Salvo is a big swing vote here. Will they hear the fans and get this right or lose subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com View Post
    Lightfoot is my 2nd favorite joe that helmet would definitely not work for me at least... It really only works for scoop bc its identical, it needs to be removable. I feel as strongly about figures like bullhorn and ambush... as you guys do salvo. Salvo is a pretty big deal to me as well and i agree the scrawny body is inexcusable, but, if anyone remembers me going off on bullhorn, this is about how i felt... And how i feel about that head on ambush. Im saving my money until i at least see the salvo issue touched on by the club, but its in my bank waiting to be spent, so hopefully something happens with all this up roar...
    Oh I am not a Salvo "Fan", the Club's rendition works for me, but those that love him cannot and they know this is their only chance for him in a ME figure.

This poll isn't really made correctly. Technically, there should be an option for people who like him exactly the way he is, but judging from the comments in the other thread not many people would use it. From the results we have, it seems like the biggest issue is the size. I don't know why Salvo has literally the skinniest male arms in the modern line instead of one of the bigger muscular bodies.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Has the Club said anything yet on all the Salvo negativity?