View Poll Results: Change Salvo's body? Or his Shirt?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Make him bulkier!

42 56.76%
  • No, he's fine (but change that shirt!)

2 2.70%
  • BOTH!!!!

30 40.54%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Unofficial) Change Salvo Poll

Private First Class fostereben@gmail.com's Avatar
    i always get the FSS subscriptions and sure there are figures i don't like but this salvo is hands down one of the worst modern updates.

Bradley, Chiller, or either Segoe font would be preferred.

Private First Class
    He is definitely a very disappointing figure, there has been a lot of negative talk about him all over social media. I would guess that perhaps the parts that would be required to make him better were not available and this was the result. I really think the best option at this point, would be to drop him from FSS5, and take time to improve him. He could be used as next years membership figure, or maybe just saved for FSS6. In the meantime, the current 13th figure could take his place in FSS5 and a new 13th figure would just need to be decided on. I don't know what all goes into figure selection between the club and Hasbro, but that seems like the best thing to do in my opinion. And if anyone who already subscribed wants to cancel over this one figure change, then let them.

Private First Class
    With every FSS there's been some good, bad, and meh. So far, I see Charbroil, Flagg, Ambush are the good; Viper, Darklon, Raptor and Gaucho are the meh; and Salvo is the bad. There's not much to like here, the colors of the legs are awful and they don't match the poportions of the torso. I know some have said he should be beefier, but then what's the difference in Salvo, Big Brawler, Backblast, and Red Dog. . . I'm OK with the figure size, I would like to see different legs with different colors.

Private First Class
    I must admit SALVO was one of the reasons I subscribed so fast but after seeing him I'm not sure I made a good decision. But if you change the torso to something beefier i would certainly be much happier. I see people have recommended the torso from the 25th BAZOOKA, RED DOG, TF BRAWLER. But I would be happy with a torso from the poc RECONDO /BULL (TAURUS )from the slaugter's marauders set. It's different from BAZOOKA, RED DOG, and BRAWLER. Heck even the ultimate ROADBLOCK, 50TH BAZOOKA torso is better than what I'm seeing in this picture

Quote Originally Posted by gk11973@yahoo.com View Post
    He is definitely a very disappointing figure, there has been a lot of negative talk about him all over social media. I would guess that perhaps the parts that would be required to make him better were not available and this was the result. I really think the best option at this point, would be to drop him from FSS5, and take time to improve him. He could be used as next years membership figure, or maybe just saved for FSS6. In the meantime, the current 13th figure could take his place in FSS5 and a new 13th figure would just need to be decided on. I don't know what all goes into figure selection between the club and Hasbro, but that seems like the best thing to do in my opinion. And if anyone who already subscribed wants to cancel over this one figure change, then let them.
    I already subbed- I won't cancel I sub to keep the Club FSS going and to get figures that I otherwise would not get from Hasbro at retail. Again, my goal is to give my niece and nephew all the characters I had as a kid plus some more... I support the Club's choice if they drop and exchange figures, rebuild to the larger body, or if they keep as is, but given the love some have for this character (again not one of my favorites) if a change could be made it probably would be for the best for the fans and Club in the end.

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Dont think its possible to cancel is it?

Sergeant
    I won't sub or unsub because of this figure. I find it alarming that everyone has such strong opinions about this figure that I literally could not care less about.

Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders@hotmail.com View Post
    I won't sub or unsub because of this figure. I find it alarming that everyone has such strong opinions about this figure that I literally could not care less about.
    I think this is part of the success of the FSS, they not only include international figures but also take figures from across GI Joe's various time periods and not everyone is going to connect with every generation of figures but for the ones who were buying in the late 80s and early 90s salvo has been a very much anticipated figure and I for one would not downplay the impact a particular character has played on anyone's life. Personally I would not sub or unsub based solely on one figure however this was one of the figures in my "Must have" column and if it doesn't get retooled it will definitely be put in the "going up on ebay" column, and if enough figures end up there for me then it's just not economical to risk a full subscription for that.
    I'm a bit iffy about Gaucho as well, considering how recent the Gung-Ho figure was released I honestly thought his figure would make an effort to differentiate itself from that one.

I agree, if they can't fix him, they should pull him and offer him next year. He's too sought after, and we've waited this long for him, so we'd rather wait another year, knowing he was coming, than get an unauthentic offering. I hope the club can fix this.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1