View Poll Results: Change Salvo's body? Or his Shirt?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Make him bulkier!

42 56.76%
  • No, he's fine (but change that shirt!)

2 2.70%
  • BOTH!!!!

30 40.54%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Unofficial) Change Salvo Poll

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar

(Unofficial) Change Salvo Poll

I've seen everybody critiquing the FSS Salvo figure, particularly the build of the character. He seems slimmer than he should be.

The other critique I see most is the style of the lettering on his shirt.

How many people are interested in Salvo having a bigger build, or changing the style of the lettering on his shirt, or both?
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 08-18-2016 at 10:34 PM.
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class
    Yes. He needs to be bigger. Use the 2015 Tiger Force Big Brawler body. That would work perfectly.

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    The Brawler/Bazooka/Bench Press body would be ideal

Private First Class
    Salvo should look more like this.

Private First Class c.j.lloyd1@juno.com's Avatar
    Yes, Salvo needs to look like Salvo. He's supposed to be a bulky figure. The parts choices here make no sense at all. I'm seriously considering not subbing this time around due to lackluster parts choices. This reveal is an epic fail. There are literally better choices available by going the custom route. That way Salvo looks correct, Ambush doesn't have a giraffe neck, etc. So disappointed in this series of reveals!

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.2477@hotmail.com View Post
    Salvo should look more like this.
    Agree! I always thought of him like a linebacker, not necessarily a tall guy, but definitely a thicker build.

Can you guys modify the poll choices.? A & B are not complementary, so C, choosing (both) does not make sense.

I already subbed- the Club has my money and I have no regrets for signing up quickly. That said, For those that really, really love this character and the fact he was in the last year I actually collected ( I don't remember actually liking him enough to buy him then) he should be more accurate or "improved" upon from the original. For someone that just wants "the character represented" this version would work for me, but to those that are fans of the character obviously it will not. As for the shirt text- it is photo shop text font- Try "Bradley Hand ITC", "Chiller", "Segoe Print", "Segoe Script", "Tempus Sans ITC" or "Viner Hand ITC (probably the closests)"for fonts. They are standard True Type Fonts
    Name:  FONT SAMPLES.png
Views: 651
Size:  18.4 KB
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 08-19-2016 at 08:10 AM.

Private First Class
    I think I like the Bradley font. Regardless of the final figure, I already sub and quite honestly seeing this figure would not have made a difference to me. They had me at Raptor. Really looking forward to Steel Raven.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    The Tiger Force Brawler torso and arms would be perfect here. The legs are fine I believe. And change up that font. These are simple changes that would make a world of difference.

Private First Class
    my biggest problem with the build is the bloody awful legs !!!!! they don't even look close to what should be there , the retaliation roadblock/leatherneck legs are the most obvious choice , even though I will probably sub because i'm a completist , I will make my own custom figure and hide this one at the back of a very dark cupboard.