Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Z Force Gaucho Preview!

Exclamation GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Z Force Gaucho Preview!

We are very excited to offer the fifth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, international, and a never before released character to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories to accomplish any mission!

Here is the seventh figure preview:

Z FORCE MECHANIC: RICO "GAUCHO" GONZALLES
    (Based on the European exclusive Command Centre action figure!)

Includes: removable vest, grenade launcher, wrench, tool satchel, boot knife, pistol, and figure stand.

NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

And there it is. This one is a complete waste. 30 bucks for a boring repaint of a figure i got for 10 bucks in a two pack yesterday. At least the chest tat is fresh

Certainly a straight repaint, but I do like that he gets a new tattoo, and I like having the Z-Force guys in my collection. Certainly not the best of the reveals, but at least it's a repaint of a solid figure and a legit representation of a vintage variant.

Sergeant
    Gaucho is Puerto Rican Gung Ho in an orange vest and green pants? This is going to be so awesome.

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I am all for the international figures being included, but, I agree that this one just seems kinda lazy in the execution. The chest tattoo and accessories are nice touches though.

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Good execution for what it is but like others have said, this isn't one that was really in demand.
    This will be the peg warmer for the wave.

I think it's a bit hard to create original concepts for characters who were actually just simple repaints of existing characters to begin with however from a consumer perspective it would be a lot nicer to put a bit more work in to them. Swap out the legs or make a new head sculpt or instead of the vest give him some other apparel. I really would like to see something different in the final product.

On a side note, it's a little more annoying because I just repainted my 2-pack Gung-ho to a similar green color scheme, no orange vest though.

Didn't the club have an o ring exclusive that used a sleeveless fatigue like the battle corps gung ho?

Private First Class
    The colors need to be tweaked to get this to both look better and match the original figure. The vest needs to be a darker, almost reddish-orange and the pants need to be a much more pale green. The original figure looks pleasing to the eye but the colors are clashing badly on this reveal, like a neon-era '90s Joe. Hopefully it's just inaccurate Photoshop but a simple tweak in the color tones will make or break the final figure.

personally, i would have liked to see a retaliation ultimate roadblock torso with 50th gung-ho legs, vest, and head. would have been more fitting for a mechanic, imo... but whatever. i can always make my own custom... (unless this suggested formula will be Salvo instead? hm? but with ammo belts wrapped around his legs?)

i agree that the orange vest is too over the top. why would any soldier ever wear bright orange? (tiger force excepted of course) is he out hunting with recruits who haven't passed basic training yet?

PS: on a related side note: 50th grey / blue bazooka looks much better with gung-ho articulated legs, instead of the RoC roadblock UN-articulated legs that hasbro lazily used...
    ~ the Baconnaire