Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Convention 2017 Theme thoughts?

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I would want a version 1 red ninja; basically a repainted FSS Dice. Black Dragon Leader, Ninja & Trooper could also be considered.

Would anyone be down with a set that completes the original 13 (or 14) with more current tooling, a la SDCC Grunt and Steeler? Or would that just be a waste with all the other possibilities out there?

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    Axonrey, I would be fine with that.

I don't hate it, but I'd rather have the LRRP squad that even predates the original 13 + shooter.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    I would like Axonrey's idea. The 25th figures don't quite look right, next the the 30th and 50th. I would like to see Breaker, Short Fuse and and Zap; in then new tooling. I'd also like to throw in '83 joes as well: Torpedo (land BDU), Airborne, and Tripwire. Package them with the LRRP squad as a "Then and Now" set.

I like that idea very much. But I think you have to make a case for Rock n Roll to get the big 50th Muscle mold like Gung-Ho and Leatherneck, & Heavy Duty got considering he was also a heavy artillery carrying guy.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I sort of envision the team built in variations of that echo trooper from the vault. And an updated scarlett would be welcome.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to synthesize the LRRP and the OG 13. We have Grunt, Steeler, and Snake Eyes (50th/POC Version), and I also think the Stalker from the 30th line is acceptable as an update as well. So that leaves 9 of the original 13 that we need, omitting Shooter since she just had a figure released. So, that's 6 spots for LRRP. No Cobras or villians, though, but that wouldn't bother me.