Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Convention 2017 Theme thoughts?

Since the Convention Logo came out so fast after the previous 2016 con, is it possible it's a generic logo and will be replace with a different one closer to time? Because otherwise, all the club polls, and member desire / requests threads are a waste of time. Wouldn't it otherwise signify that the next convention set had already been chosen literally a week after the 2016 con ended? That's why I'm hoping it was a generic logo produced quickly just for something to market the 2017 con location
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant
    If it's Shattered Glass I just won't go. Simple way for the club to make that decision for me, I guess.

I would hate for the con to be two subsets I could care less about in the last two years. I would hope for Battle Force 2000, or something connected to the 87 figures being their 30th Anniversary. While I would probably buy the DEF/HeadHunters my guess is it will be like the Zombie Initiative set unwanted in the end. I'll give it to my niece and nephew, but it probably will end up virtually unused, except maybe one figure or two. Zombie Initiative Outback is the only figure from that set that either my nephew or niece enjoy, and that is because my nephew likes Outback. Personally, (yes it is my era of collecting so it is biased) I would like to see the next two Con Sets and FSS have as many 87-90 figures to fill holes as possible. I wouldn't mind giving up half to the post 1990 and other stuff, but we need at least half of the 35-36 figures the Club gives us over the next two years to fill the gaps from 82-90, earlier years preferred. The rest can be Red Shadows, Venom v Valor, Extreme, AT, DEF/HeadHunters, Battle Corps, Star Brigade, Weird Aliens, Devil's Due, IDW, Shattered Glass etc.

These are the holes-
    84- Tan Clutch ( I am okay if we don't get a true representation of him, for me the 30th/POC version with the Tan Vamp works)
    85' LnF Tripwire (again I am okay without this one, but this is one the CLub would have done eventually. I actually like the International Tripwire from FunSkool, but again, I am looking to fill the holes in the ARAH main run 87-90)
    86' MB Dial Tone (I am okay without a true representation of these god awful colors aps
    86' MB MainFrame /Dataframe( Same as above, I am okay with the club update versus regular colors)
    86' Motor Viper/ Nitro Viper (original Paint colors would be awesome, but otherwise this guy works for me as well.)
    87' Crystal Ball
    87' Fast Draw
    87' Gung Ho Dress Blues ( I would love a Dress Uniform set of Joes, but we have Gung Ho in an ME so I am good)
    87' Back Stop
    87' Gyro Viper
    87' WORMS
    87' Sea Slug
    87' Steam Roller
    87' Rumbler
    87' Payload
    87' Hardtop
    87 Cobra La Guard
    87' Golobulus
    87' Avalanche
    87' Blocker
    87' Blaster
    87' Knockdown
    87' Maverick
    87' Dodger
    87' Fridge
    88' Astro Viper
    88' Hydro Viper
    88' Toxo Viper v1 ( I am okay with the V2 update being the only representation)
    88' Blizzard
    88' Budo ( I am okay with the Retaliation version being the modern update)
    88' Hardball
    88' Light Foot
    88' Armadillo
    88' Ghost Rider
    88' Skidmark
    88 Windmill
    88' Wild Card
    88' Ferret
    88' Nullifier
    88" Secto Viper
    88 Sgt Slaughter V3 ( I am okay with the two we got)
    88' TF Dusty ( I am okay with Felino version being Dusty)
    88' TF Roablock (Okay without we have a few Roadblocks)
    88' TF Tripwire (again I can live without since TW is already in the ME style a couple of times)
    88' Retail Release TF Recondo (one of my favorite TF figures, but I am okay with the ME representation)
    88' NF Sneak Peek (Okay with TF version and original line release being the only ME updates)
    88' Super Trooper
    89' Backblast
    89' Countdown
    89' Dee Jay
    89' Downtown
    89' Recoil
    89' Rock n Roll v2 (hoping for a retail release, but if no I am okay with the three we have (Bench press is Rock n Roll also from the ROC line)
    89' Stalker v2 (again I want, but I am okay with the modern representation of Stalker)
    89' TARGAT
    89' Hot Seat
    89 Long Range
    89' Dogfight
    89' Payload (just one version would work prefer V1 but just one)
    89' Windchill
    89' Wild Boar
    89' Track Viper
    89' SM Footloose (okay with Club version already released being only update of Footloose)
    89' SM Mutt and Junkyard (again okay with ME original V1 update being the only Mutt)
    89' SM Sgt. Slaughter (again okay with the two Sgt Slaughter's already released)
    89' PP Copperhead (okay as we have Copperhead represented)
    89' NF LightFoot (Need at least one ME version and again, I would prefer V1 on him, but I'll take either...)
    90' Cpt. Grid Iron
    90' Rampart
    90 Rapid Fire (although not in neon- POC style)
    90' Stretcher
    90' Sub Zero
    90' Cold Front
    90' Major Storm
    90' Updraft
    90 SF Dial Tone (again Okay with what we have)
    90' SF Law v2 (okay with ME updates
    90' SF' Tunnel Rat (really like him, but again we have two ME versions to get us by)
    90' SF Dodger (an original BF 2000 would be preferred)
    90' SF Falcon (maybe 91)
    90' SF Stalker (maybe later saw him in the stores and didn't buy because I was getting "too old", but thought about it. He came with a huge backpack that made sounds or something)
    90'' Decimator
    90' Vapor
    90' Overlord
    90' SF Lampreys (we have an ME version of V1 in DoCI set)
    90' SF Viper (have the original and PP versions good enough)
    90' Tracker (although he may be 89' or 91 can't remember toward the tail end of my collecting)
    90' Dusty and Sandstorm (may be 91 or 92 I liked him (except the Red hair and because of Sandstorm, but never picked him up as I was getting out of Joes then growing up)

If it was Shattered Glass for the 12" collectors and Battle Force 2000 vs for the 4" collector's it could work. I believe you would be correct in a diminished attendance if the Con was Shattered Glass.

Nice list! I personally can do without any of the repaints, especially the Sonic Fighters section, although those were the first versions of Falcon and Dial Tone I had, I prefer the originals much more. There was never a decent ME original falcon, the only one came with Nemesis Immortal and I ended up customizing my own. A lot of vehicle drivers on that list, some of which I would really only like to see with modern versions of their rides.

The main figures on that list I'm waiting for are Fast Draw, Backstop, Lightfoot (preferably the NF version.), Captain Gridiron, Stretcher, Sub Zero, and Overlord. That also depends on if BF2000 gets made.

PS. I don't know how many people are aware of it but Canada up until recently had their own GI Joe Convention and one year they actually released a modern Backstop as part of the con set.

Sergeant
    We've actually had two Lampreys now if you count the Red helmet/life preserver one that came with the PoC mini-sub.

Windsor VT, very studious effort on that researched list of remaining 1987-1990. Some big names in there.
    1. Rock n Roll (version 2)
    2. Gung-Ho (dress blues)
    3. Battle Force 2000
    4. Blizzard
    5. Fast Draw
    6. Lightfoot
    7. Hard Ball
    8. Astro Viper
    9. Hydro Viper
    10. Did I mention Battle Force 2000
    11. TARGAT
    12. Overlord
    13. Battle Force 2000
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I think you might have forgot to mention Battle Force 2000...lol!
    and with Battle Force 2000 you have almost half a set filling the big holes, so the other half can be used for other people's holes/preferences. That would be a win-win...

Private First Class
    FYI the SF Stalker wasn't sonic fighters, he was a talking battle commander, 1992. Tracker was 91.

I agree we need to have new versions of the 87-94 characters, either new versions of the guys that only had one or two versions like Recoil and Fast Draw, or ME versions. As long as the new figures are faithful to the original characters (unlike the ROC Repeater figure) I'll be good with them.

Repeater was done by the Club

The ROC was a misnamed Heavy Duty...