Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Darklon Preview!

Private First Class
    I like him better than the Con version of 2012.

Private First Class
    Overall I like him. May not like the choice of 25th Zartan arms.

Private First Class
    Looking forward to this guy, he's awesome! So far, FSS 5 is looking good. Not thrilled about Flagg, Ambush looks OK, Charbroil looks about as expected (glad he has a removable helmet), Viper looks decent, looking forward to Raptor! That's the one besides Darklon I'm looking forward to the most, which means Raptor and Darklon will probably be figures 11 and 12.

I never got the con version of this figure, how is this one any different?
    I'm a little surprised to see the club putting out a figure in FSS that was already released in a joecon set fairly recently, especially since it is based on the same figure.

Based on the same figure, but the parts build is a bit more akin to the original. The con version is a bit more customized. That said, I see what everyone is getting at about the arms. I still like it a lot, but I get it.
    (All respects to Mr Carlin) Things you'll never hear a Joe say:
    Hand me that VAMP.
    Do what you want to the civilian, but leave me alone!

I find it strange that people don't like "this version". It's exponentially more faithful to the original than the Con version, unless you just don't like the classic figure. But comparably, this is pretty good.

I'm like most others- don't like the arms, but especially compared to the torso. It seems the only reason to use this torso is to replicate the textured look of the classic figure, but then to use arms which have no texture kind of ruins it. I'd rather them then just use a muscled torso like the original.

Sergeant
    I liked the con version better than the original. Sleeves without matching shirt/chest were never a good look in my book. Plus, it gave a chance to put a big Iron Grenadiers logo on him.
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 08-17-2016 at 10:42 AM.

I always liked having the Iron Grenadiers with a matching color scheme, Since we already saw classic colors in the con version I honestly would've liked a IG color scheme for the FSS version, it would be new and different from the original. That's just my opinion though, I'd probably end up painting him over anyway, black red and gold would go great with his original bike too!

Quote Originally Posted by NS550@aol.com View Post
    I always liked having the Iron Grenadiers with a matching color scheme, Since we already saw classic colors in the con version I honestly would've liked a IG color scheme for the FSS version, it would be new and different from the original. That's just my opinion though, I'd probably end up painting him over anyway, black red and gold would go great with his original bike too!
    That's what I was hoping for too. They said at the Con this would be more a "POC version" of Darklon, but I don't know what this is....

And since nobody else has really asked it, here goes. WHAT THE HECK is going on with the legs?!! I can't tell if they're supposed to be orange translucent, or day-glo orange, but either choice is horrible!!! If this is supposed to be a "POC" version (and why NOT if it's not?) why not something that makes a bit more sense, if not the "standard" IG coloring?

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    That's what I was hoping for too. They said at the Con this would be more a "POC version" of Darklon, but I don't know what this is....

And since nobody else has really asked it, here goes. WHAT THE HECK is going on with the legs?!! I can't tell if they're supposed to be orange translucent, or day-glo orange, but either choice is horrible!!! If this is supposed to be a "POC" version (and why NOT if it's not?) why not something that makes a bit more sense, if not the "standard" IG coloring?
    The leg colors will be more subdued, the photoshopped pics always make the colors look too bright.