Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Darklon Preview!

Quote Originally Posted by csi_kincaid@yahoo.com View Post
    I hope I can say this without coming off as overly critical. I love the figure on its entirety, but I don't really see much difference here between the JoeCon version and this. It looks almost like a rerelease of the same body with different weapons and armor.
    The only part that is close to the Con version is literally the head. The rest of the body is completely different from the con build.

Great choice in retooling that gun.
    25% Red Lasers / 25% Blue Lasers / 50% Knowing

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Nice to have it a little more faithfull to the original but I'm glad I have the con version. Have to agree that the arm selection is weird.

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I can grant you that after a second look. I have the JoeCon version, so I'm likely to either leave this carded or put him in the Evader for my collection.

Private First Class giants5680@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Now I have to figure out how to pay for two subscriptions! I am not fortunate enough to have the Joe Con version. So this will work for me. Love all the figures so far!

...isn't this the same guy as a Con extra out of last years offerings? Is he supposed to be 'The DESTRO of Vehicles'?
    When The Going ! Gets Tough

Love it!!. I think this a much more vintage-faithful version of Darklon. The 2012 Con ver (which I don't own) is great but I think this is better.

Proof the waiting sometimes pays off. Now I don't have to spend $$$$ on the 2012 figure.

Sergeant
    No Grenadiers logo on his, anywhere, waist looks too skinny... I'm sticking with the con version.

Quote Originally Posted by julestobin@gmail.com View Post
    ...isn't this the same guy as a Con extra out of last years offerings? Is he supposed to be 'The DESTRO of Vehicles'?
    Yes, there was a Darklon sold at the the convention in 2011. They both use the color scheme of the original 1989 Darklon but this one uses entirely different parts, except for the head of course. The first one looked more like an armored up, battle ready Darklon. This one (which is called a courier) looks more suited for riding in vehicles or hanging out at Castle Destro.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I've been wanting this figure for a while now and he looks great! The Club is doing great with FSS 5

The photoshopping on this looks terrible, but the part choice's are good,(except for the Zartan arms). He's one of those figure's that'll look better in hand.