Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Darklon Preview!

Exclamation GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Darklon Preview!

We are very excited to offer the fifth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, international, and a never before released character to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories to accomplish any mission!

Here is the third figure preview:

IRON GRENADIER COURIER: DARKLON
    (Based on the classic 1989 action figure!)

Includes: removable harness, scabbard belt with sword, re-tooled projectile rifle, auto pistol, courier case, pistol, and figure stand.

NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

From the thighs up he rates an 8. Below them I'd say a four. The majority of his legs look almost translucent to me.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I think I really like this!!

Oh man. This was one of my most anticipated figs, but this rendition is not doing what I'd hoped. I understand that making Darklon different from the Con set feels like the "right" thing to do, but the parts used here are, IMO, poor choices from an articulation and looks standpoint. In particular, the waist up - The cavity of the under-arms, the thin, and barely poseable Zartan arms - I don't mind the unarticulated boots, and I'm excited about the retooled gun (great idea!) but I would strongly suggest that the arms be replaced at the very least, even if just with the dollar-store shipwreck arms, like the torso. Anyway, I hope this is taken as constructive, and not just negative.
    Last edited by gigamach@cox.net; 08-10-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Private First Class fostereben@gmail.com's Avatar
    looks great...

Private First Class
    Those arms are detracting from an otherwise good build. This will not hurt the value of the con version much, that one was way better IMHO.

I like that it looks like the original, but i, too, dislike those arms. Hopefully, that Parts combo looks better in person.

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I couldn't stand the hands on the Con version. I can dig this one

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I hope I can say this without coming off as overly critical. I love the figure on its entirety, but I don't really see much difference here between the JoeCon version and this. It looks almost like a rerelease of the same body with different weapons and armor.

Sergeant
    Legs and waist are WAY too small in this rendering. It won't even stand up. The convention one was much better.