Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Ambush Preview!

I had done a head swap of the new dusty head on the dvd pack dusty, and it sits way high as well.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    As much as I like Ambush, the head does sit to high. That needs to be fixed.

Awesome!! Two home runs in a row.

Love the paint deco on Ambush, he looks great and I hate to point out something negative, but I also think the neck looks too long. At first I thought it might just be the way it's photoshopped, but I saw some pictures on another site where collectors put the General Mayhem head on a 25th Dusty torso (also used recently on TF Recondo). It does have a really long neck. Is there any way at this point of using a different torso? The Retaliation Firefly torso (also used recently on FSS & TF Alpine) works a lot better and still looks like vintage Ambush's uniform, it even has a turtleneck. Maybe the scarf and bandolier wouldn't fit with that torso or there is some other reason it can't be used, but I just wanted to ask.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...ussion-14.html
    Here are the pictures of that head on the different torsos I was talking about. The Dusty torso isn't really that bad, but I do think the Firefly body is better. What do other people think?
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

This guy looks awesome! I also suggest a tone-down of the beard color, but otherwise, I'm very much looking forward to this figure!

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gigamach@cox.net View Post
    This guy looks awesome! I also suggest a tone-down of the beard color, but otherwise, I'm very much looking forward to this figure!
    Oh good, it's not just me.
    These go to Eleven...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorGibroni@gmail.com View Post
    His head looks way too high above his shoulders in this pic. Leaves me wondering what the final product will look like when you remove the solid plastic scarf like I plan to do. I just don't like that accessory. Hope he doesn't have giraffe neck.
    I'm assuming the head is photoshopped on the body giving him that giraffe look but otherwise he looks great. Can't wait to see Gen. Flagg.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jared.vitosh@gmail.com View Post
    http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...ussion-14.html
    Here are the pictures of that head on the different torsos I was talking about. The Dusty torso isn't really that bad, but I do think the Firefly body is better. What do other people think?
    Yeah the Firefly torso looks better. Just kit bashed a 50th flint with 50th beach head lower arms and 50th lady jaye legs to see how the mayhem head and gnaw head looked. Dusty body looks ok but I'm sure a lot of people would have preferred a more recent torso, legs and arms.

Looks good, but I think he could be better using the Footloose helmet.