Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted sdcc 2016 joe set

Sergeant
    I don't have a problem with the plastic on mine, but maybe there's a difference as I bought it at SDCC and not from the online store. I got an acrylic display stand for it on eBay and it looks great (diving attack position) with no wing droop or fatigue after 4+ months of display. The one thing I do think they cheaped out on was the chin-mounted gatling gun which is clearly some form of hard rubber as opposed to the original which was hard plastic. It might break a little less easily, sure, but that gun coming out of the box all bent because of how it rested in the corner was a real downer.

Private First Class
    I doubt molding and packaging was done twice? Whatever the case is, I have never come across such a cheap construction in the Joe line. The wheels, the wings, the weight, feel - all of it. It reminds me of the quality difference between LEGO and MegaBlocks.

Maybe I got unlucky, but I doubt it is just that alone.

Conversely, the Silent Strike and Orange HISS are great quality. The Silent is not as solid as the Awe - but worlds closer than the SDCC TF rattler.

Sergeant
    I didn't really compare it to my reissue Tiger Rat and Rattler from the 25th line very closely but it seems, on quick inspection, to be the same strength of plastic. I'll give all three of them a closer look when I get home from work.

Private First Class
    It would make me happier to be one that got a meh copy than to know they are all crap. Thanks for the comparison.

The Night Raven, Awe Striker and Silent Strike I have, but not another Rattler.

Sergeant
    As far as I can tell, it's the same plastic used in the reissue Rattler and Tiger Rat from the 25th line. It could be that those are crap, too, but it's not substantially different in plastic quality from what they've been using since at least 2008.

Private First Class
    Thanks for the side-by-side. I'll settle with maybe I'm either too picky or I got the runt of the litter.

I'm recently returned to collecting and have a long long long time to get better and a few lemons under my belt.