Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing updates August 2016

Ongoing updates August 2016

There are a few reports from the current FSS shipment that people who ordered their figures shipped through the Post Office are receiving their packages separated. We have not had any reports of FedEx shipments having this issue. We are working with the PO to find out what center caused the packages to be spilt. Please note that the way we put the information on the packages will ensure that they either both go to the customer or come back to us. If you have an issue please contact customer support. We will get this sorted out but we need to give the packages time to work their way through the system. We are considering not using the Post Office on the FSS 5 orders for domestic packages.

I saw the posts and was worried, but mine arrived no issues. Personally, I have had nothing but bad luck and damage on most Fed Ex deliveries and try to avoid them at all costs. Including paying more to ship things USPS or UPS or even DHL to ensure my item arrives unbroken/undamaged and to the right location...

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I agree, I do not like Fed Ex. They tend to damage stuff sometimes. I much prefer USPS.

Private First Class
    I guess it depends on location. I always go with Fed Ex because the local USPS are buffoons and have lost or misdirected many of my items. Never had an issue from Fed Ex. I always pay extra and use it if it's an option. I think the club needs to keep offering multiple shipping options so members can choose what works best for them. I'd go a step further and offer UPS as well for those that are so inclined.

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Ymine came rrom USPS with all three figures

Mine was thrown from the postal workers truck in the caldesac onto my front walk. USPS is usually pretty good here, but this is not the first time it's happened. My figs were in great shape( thanks to the packing), but still it irks me to no end.
    (All respects to Mr Carlin) Things you'll never hear a Joe say:
    Hand me that VAMP.
    Do what you want to the civilian, but leave me alone!

Private First Class bdwhite79@gmail.com's Avatar
    I completely agree!! My local post office works the exact same way!! My local post office are always late delivering my club magazine and I waited for a month and half for my Pythona figure to arrive late and it showed up in a damaged box. Still waiting on my July magazine as we speak....
    Last edited by bdwhite79@gmail.com; 08-01-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Just got my July Magazine today.

So Fed Ex- Basically threw a vintage unbroken Terror Drome into my driveway, on a day that was well below zero. Yes I have a long drive way, but inexcusable . Needless to say both turrets were broke, and the upper portion of the superstructure was cracked.

Fed Ex "delivered" my nephew's Millennium Falcon this Christmas to a neighboring business (sort of) they dropped it off in the middle of the parking lot in front of some overhead doors. Lucky, I was tracking it and immediately called. They said the driver "delivered it 'inside my garage'" and tried to end the conversation, until I pointed out A. they did not deliver it to me. and B. I Did not have a garage.

Fed Ex switched my home address (which has no USPS delivery in the sticks of Vermont) to "Smart Post" where my package bounced between Amazon and my post office three times BEFORE the seller put my phone number on the BOX and wrote CALL FOR PICK UP C.O.D. Needless to say, my "free Amazon Prime " shipping ended up costing us both and delaying the "gift" by two months making a Birthday gift become a Christmas gift. If I can avoid Fed Ex- I avoid Fed Ex regardless of what I am shipping or receiving...

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I've noticed Fed Ex just likes dropping packages at the front door. Could be rain on the ground, they do not care.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both services. There are all the cliches about the Post Office losing packages and being lazy, etc. but I have never had any real issue with them. I do live in NYC though so I can't speak for those of you who live in suburban, semi-rural or rural areas. The problem I have with FedEx is that they have to leave packages by your door if you're not home. The PO office always leaves items at my buildings management office or at my local PO. They also do a better job of tracking lost packages that FedEx (although UPS is the best). I always choose USPS for FSS and Con set deliveries because they are usually much faster than FedEx.

Between 2002 and 2016 I've only had an issue with the 2005 Membership figure (the club resent it after I reported it missing) and between 2000 and 2016 the PO has only lost or temporarily lost 3-5 issues of the newsletter (these instances all occurred when they were stitched into Master Collector.

I recommend that the club keep the PO option on FSS 5. Couldn't the final shipment be placed in a single box?
    Last edited by kelty11@verizon.net; 08-03-2016 at 09:55 AM.