Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2017 incentive figure, your thoughts.

Private First Class
    Here's my list of hopeful 12" possibilities.

- Villains, villains, villains - we can't get enough of them so how about a revised intruder using a muscle-body Joe and a new head sculpt and gear.
    - Adventure Team Talking Astronaut with Life-Like Hair.
    - This is another one that's been lingering is a new Bulletman.
    - Modern Eagle-Eye GI Joe using the tooled head of the 90s Action Man.
    - Modern ATV seen in the 90s Action Man line which was already orange with cool decals.
    - Super-Articulated (SA) bodies with either vintage style heads or those modern AT flocked heads for 2000s in the for basic colors.
    - AT Jane using the Savage Swamp female figure who already came with a newly tooled KFG just for her - let's reuse those molds.

I am one appreciative collector who is very thankful that the Club has kept the AT alive and hope they will continue to do so as long as possible.

Private First Class sf49ersphan@aol.com's Avatar
    Here's my list of hopeful 12" possibilities.

- Villains, villains, villains - we can't get enough of them so how about a revised intruder using a muscle-body Joe and a new head sculpt and gear.
    - Adventure Team Talking Astronaut with Life-Like Hair.
    - This is another one that's been lingering is a new Bulletman.
    - Modern Eagle-Eye GI Joe using the tooled head of the 90s Action Man.
    - Modern ATV seen in the 90s Action Man line which was already orange with cool decals.
    - Super-Articulated (SA) bodies with either vintage style heads or those modern AT flocked heads for 2000s in the for basic colors.

- AT Jane using the Savage Swamp female figure who already came with a newly tooled KFG just for her - let's reuse those molds.

I am one appreciative collector who is very thankful that the Club has kept the AT alive and hope they will continue to do so as long as possible.

REALLY like these two ideas, especially the SA bodies with vintage heads. IMHO the club is missing out not offering thesewhich I'd bet would be really popular.

Private First Class
    Yup, I believe they still have the molds - we would be in kitbash heaven with those figures.

Private First Class
    Since we only have 2 years left... I would love to get re-issue joe's in the 6 inch size... since Hasbro refuses to open its eyes & do this... I think we should do this....imagine a version 1 stormshadow...crazy details... it worked for Star Wars... I'm sure gijoe would sell out everywhere

Since we only have 2 years left... I would love to get re-issue joe's in the 6 inch size... since Hasbro refuses to open its eyes & do this... I think we should do this....imagine a version 1 stormshadow...crazy details... it worked for Star Wars... I'm sure gijoe would sell out everywhere
    The costs for entirely new tooling makes this 100% unfeasible, unless you are secretly Bill Gates and want to see this happen it just is cost prohibitive, not to mention HASBRO would probably say no. As it is the Club is updating the Super Joes from the 6-8 inch size of the 70's back to 12" figures. Again, that probably has to do with what tooling is available to them

Sergeant
    Plus, judging by the sales of the 6-inch Star Wars series, most current collectors HATE the idea of a new 6-inch line that forces them to repurchase everything they already have in another, bigger scale.

Private First Class
    I disagree. The 6" Star Wars Black Line got me to buy my 1st Star Wars toy since Return of the Jedi. Granted I'm not a completest, I only by Stormtroopers (in each of the various iterations), but after 3 or so years, I'm up to 18 or so figures. It's not much, but I wouldn't have bought them had they not been 6". I'm just saying there may be a market for these figures.

But will that market bare the costs of all new tooling? Would you pay $50-$75 per 6" figure if that is what is needed to pay for the tooling? How many other people would?

I don't know why Hasbro claims that the 6 inch Star Wars line is so popular. A few sell out instantly, but the rest hand around unsold for months and are eventually put on clearance.

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I would like to see the Club do their take on Shooter or Col. Sharpe. Those choices would be well received, but lets do Golobulus, because we need an upgrade on the original.