View Poll Results: What 2017 con set would you most like to see done?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battle Force 2000 and/or Cobra La

16 41.03%
  • DEF/Headhunters

4 10.26%
  • Heavy Armor Attack

1 2.56%
  • Arctic, Jungle, Desert, or Sea Theme

5 12.82%
  • Ninja Force

4 10.26%
  • Star Brigade

7 17.95%
  • Sgt. Savage/Extreme

5 12.82%
  • Mega Marines/Monsters/Battle Corps

1 2.56%
  • Sonic/Super Sonic Fighters

1 2.56%
  • 80's/90's fill in the gaps (with a credible story)

5 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Poll: 2017 con set

i would like an updated enforcer, but after that cobra la couldn't full a con set in a satisfactory way for the price.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by kelty11@verizon.net View Post
    Posted this in a different discussion:
    How about this?

Battle Force 2000 Vs. Crimson Guard Elite (combining BF2000 and Mega Marines as was done this year with Sky Patrol, Sky Commandos and Battle Copters)
    Avalanche
    Blaster
    Blocker
    Dodger
    Knockdown
    Maverick

Tomax and Xamot
    Crimson Guard Commander (Battle Corps) x2
    Lt. Denning (female CG from There's No Place Like Springfield)
    4 Crimson Guard Elite - Based on POC Iron Grenadier Body and Retaliation CG Head

3-Pack:Mega Marines: Gung-Ho, Blast Off and Mirage
    2 or 3 Pack: : Shadow Crimson Guard Immortal
    Crimson Para-Viper (para drop figure)
    Rockslide ATAV with Cyber-Viper
    Tread Ripper Tank with Dee Jay
    Cobra Gun Ship (repurposed for BF2000)
    Sounds good, but I'm not crazy about the CG's, as they've come out with a ton of them already. And what about Mega Marines Clutch and Mega Viper?

And what about the Mega Monsters? Surely they can either pull out old molds or make 3 3/4" versions of them with some ingenuity? The Monster Blaster APC still exists, at least it did back when the BAT APC was made for TRU several years ago. What about having this:

BF 2000-all 7 figures
    3 pack Mega Marines-GH, Mirage, Blast Off
    vehicles-Monster Blaster APC (but no neon this time) with Clutch
    something big and futuristic for BF 2000, or several cool futuristic vehicles for them

Cyber Viper x2
    Mega Viper x2
    Dr. Mindbender (Battle Corps version)
    Monstro Viper (Range Viper beefed up with new head)
    Bio Viper (Eel beefed up with tentacles and new head)
    Bio Viper 2 (from Renegades)

Cobra Vehicles:
    Parasite (if mold still exists) in black with WORMS
    HISS IV in solid black with black HISS Driver

Parachute figure: Battle Corps Leatherneck

Private First Class fostereben@gmail.com's Avatar
    DEF vs Headhunters is what I hope we get

Private First Class
    I've been asking for the battle force 2000 vs. Cobra La for years on the forums and con surveys...

Just curious, when did they say Cobra La was off the table for now?

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by skoor.cr@gmail.com View Post
    I know everyone keeps asking for a COBRA-LA set but lets get real we already have a NEMESIS ENFORCER and a PYTHONA all we really need is GLOBULUS and a ROYAL GUARD,do we really need to take up half of a convention set for 2 figures? Personally I think a 2 pack or slots in a future fss would suffice.
    There's other characters from cobra la that could be done such as pre mutation/cobra la citizen cobra commander, a cobra commander during his second mutation towards being a snake, and personally I would want a small army of royal guard figures. So having a set or con set would make it so we get 5 or 6 of them

Corporal
    I don't get it you would rather have rereleased figures or repaints rather than new figures taking away what these figures are supposed to be special. Also taking away their value all because you want yet another COBRA COMMANDER added to the 25-30 already made since the 25th anniversary figures were released and you want an army of COBRA-LA ROYAL GUARDS. Not smart. I personally think that a3 pack consisting of a GLOBULUS and 2 ROYAL GUARDS would satisfy most of the collectiors wants for completing their COBRA-LA sets and you could buy your extra guards on the after market heck I'd give you one if they did that. I'd only want 1 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skintat2@hotmail.com View Post
    I've been asking for the battle force 2000 vs. Cobra La for years on the forums and con surveys...

Just curious, when did they say Cobra La was off the table for now?
    GIJoeCon (Official)
    GIJoeCon (Official) Legally, we can't make this now. :-)
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 06-27-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Then clarification was asked- but radio silence... "Certain characters in the 50th line like Gung Ho and Falcon, Zartan, the vehicles, the Coyote, Triple T and I know Sgt. Slaughter is off the table WWE/Mattel deal and all.... could you do a set of Say Golobulus, with multiples of the Royal Guards" and another comment "so, is this like legally we can't make this now but maybe later, or we could have made it before, but not now, as in we're too late and Hasbro wants it..."

With no response... Like the oops, we said too much better not try to clarify radio silence...

Quote Originally Posted by skoor.cr@gmail.com View Post
    I don't get it you would rather have rereleased figures or repaints rather than new figures taking away what these figures are supposed to be special. Also taking away their value all because you want yet another COBRA COMMANDER added to the 25-30 already made since the 25th anniversary figures were released and you want an army of COBRA-LA ROYAL GUARDS. Not smart. I personally think that a3 pack consisting of a GLOBULUS and 2 ROYAL GUARDS would satisfy most of the collectiors wants for completing their COBRA-LA sets and you could buy your extra guards on the after market heck I'd give you one if they did that. I'd only want 1 anyway.
    The Cobra Commander would be special- snake-man , not the usual suspects. Sort of like all the people that wanted Zombie Cobra Commander (from the concept case) in the Zombie Initiative set. It is something you will not see at retail, and that makes it special.

Corporal
    The Plague!