View Poll Results: What 2017 con set would you most like to see done?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battle Force 2000 and/or Cobra La

16 41.03%
  • DEF/Headhunters

4 10.26%
  • Heavy Armor Attack

1 2.56%
  • Arctic, Jungle, Desert, or Sea Theme

5 12.82%
  • Ninja Force

4 10.26%
  • Star Brigade

7 17.95%
  • Sgt. Savage/Extreme

5 12.82%
  • Mega Marines/Monsters/Battle Corps

1 2.56%
  • Sonic/Super Sonic Fighters

1 2.56%
  • 80's/90's fill in the gaps (with a credible story)

5 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Poll: 2017 con set

Private First Class

Unofficial Poll: 2017 con set

This is not an official poll, I'm just curious to see what everyone would like to see. After the results of the poll, I may put another poll out there to see what Joes/Cobras/vehicles you'd like to see. I may not put all of the themes you would want, but I'll put what I think might be likely to be done.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I'd actually like to see a modern tanks for the memories set with newly tooled maulers, but I know that's a pipe dream. Or a plague/pheonix set. But from what you have listed I have to go Cobra La, just because it's what, the 30th? of the movie next year.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    I think a 12" Sgt. Savage con set would be really killer, using the Vintage Style bodies and a new headsculpt for Savage. See, my way of thinking puts the original GI Joe under the command of Sgt. Savage, in Dog Company, 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division (the 3rd Infantry Division was the patch the original GI Joe Action Solder came with, more or less.)
    These go to Eleven...

Corporal
    D.E.F. Vs. Headhunters & Star brigade are tops on my list. I don't care for BF2000, but I would like to see Golobulus and the Royal Guard done; maybe in a 3 pack. I'd like to see Ninja Force completed. What I didn't see on the list was a red shadows set. I'd like to see that.

DEF seems the most feasible, but i love ninjas force and cobra la.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net View Post
    D.E.F. Vs. Headhunters & Star brigade are tops on my list. I don't care for BF2000, but I would like to see Golobulus and the Royal Guard done; maybe in a 3 pack. I'd like to see Ninja Force completed. What I didn't see on the list was a red shadows set. I'd like to see that.
    Can't please everyone...

Yeah, I forgot about Red Shadows, and I'm sure I forgot others.

No biggie, like I said, this isn't official, just me being interested in what people would want. Of course some are more feasible than others. I mean, how likely do you think it is for the club to do a Star Brigade set with a new Crusader (much less Defiant), and all the Lunartix aliens (if they went that direction)? Of course it's still possible to do a Star Brigade set with a little ingenuity...

Private First Class
    For those of you wondering what the Heavy Armor attack is, please see my other thread of 2017 con set. Basically have some heavy weapons Joes like Fast Draw, Recoil, Backblast, Downtown, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by viceroyhaako@hotmail.com View Post
    For those of you wondering what the Heavy Armor attack is, please see my other thread of 2017 con set. Basically have some heavy weapons Joes like Fast Draw, Recoil, Backblast, Downtown, etc.
    That is the fill the holes set of the 80/90's. That is how JFaria came up with it as trying to only fill holes 1990 and back to 87 to complete those sets. FYI Cobra La , Battle Force 2000 also accomplishes that so either would be a win.

and finally, sadly, someone from the club posted some cryptic " GIJoeCon (Official) Legally, we can't make this now.

Now that Cobra-La is out I bet it will be Star Brigade as the Con is being held in Florida.

wonder if "now" means we could but now we can't, or we can't but maybe later. I'm banking that Hasbro wants it for the 30th next year, hopefully retail and not SDCC