Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC and GIJoeCon will continue through 2018!

Great news. Looking forward to the next 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gerardo.barsi@gmail.com View Post
    Congratulations for those 2 more years.

I hope that for the years to come, you will be more communicative with all of us the club membres. You take too much time in answering member questions, telling news or the status of what is going at the Club. This is one of your big problems and it's relativelly easy to solve it and make all people happy.

One example can be this one. All members known this parthnership renewal until 2018 since the end of Hasbro Panel. It has been posted in different GI Joe forums the same june 18, and you have take 5 days to communicate it officially on the club website. I think this new is more important than putting the joecon photos on the web for example, or perchaps you have signed the new contract this week and that's why you have delayed the notiffication.

You, the Club, have a new opportunity, but you don't begin very well again ....
    well, lets not forget that Hasbro made the announcement on Saturday, the Club folk were in Colorado through Monday, packing and that stuff...so Tuesday was probably a rest/travel day, Wednesday was unpacking/storing/inventory of left over con items and displays....

and since nearly everyone knew about the extension, the club was probably not in much of a bother to get the picture posted in the threads, that not many people visit anyway, since most of the info goes out via Twitter or FB nowadays anyway, before it hits the Forum...

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Now that we know the GIJCC and JoeCon are extending the relationship, does this mean we will alao hear shortly of the incentive figure and how to renew membership? I agree that getting news to your membership needs to a bigger priority, but this news (the continued partnership, that is) was well documented by various other sources. In addition to getting news out, keep those who run your social media in the same loop. This way, you avoid us being given answers like "I don't know" or "we don't have that information for you".

Private First Class
    The 2017 figure hasn't been determined yet because they had no plans for one. I'd imagine that process will take a little while to design, get Hasbro's approval, etc. They thought they were going to be out of business up until 2 weeks ago. We are gonna have to be patient while they come up with that.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    We're getting Raptor in FSS 5.0, so now's a good time to release Crystal Ball for the incentive figure.

Private First Class
    Fantastic News. As a 12 inch, mostly Adventure Team collector, I'd love to see the Club finish out the "super three" over the next two years with the membership figures. Start with an Eagle Eye figure for next year (maybe super-articulated!), and finish up with an updated Bulletman!

If not, some other figures I'd love to see would be a Super-Articulated AA figure (Adventurer or Commander) or a rooted hair/fuzz hair GI Jane!

Private First Class
    Fantastic idea my friend, I like that - the "Super Three". Felipe who's a customizer and on this forum took an Intruder head and placed it on an Action Man body and it was a very good match due to AM's bulked up body and larger hands. I am loving the AT themed villains from the Club, they are perfect. I missed out on Mr. Gorman so I made my own.

Quote Originally Posted by tmahaney@admin.umass.edu View Post
    Fantastic News. As a 12 inch, mostly Adventure Team collector, I'd love to see the Club finish out the "super three" over the next two years with the membership figures. Start with an Eagle Eye figure for next year (maybe super-articulated!), and finish up with an updated Bulletman!

If not, some other figures I'd love to see would be a Super-Articulated AA figure (Adventurer or Commander) or a rooted hair/fuzz hair GI Jane!

Quote Originally Posted by kwo_bubba@hotmail.com View Post
    The 2017 figure hasn't been determined yet because they had no plans for one. I'd imagine that process will take a little while to design, get Hasbro's approval, etc. They thought they were going to be out of business up until 2 weeks ago. We are gonna have to be patient while they come up with that.
    I think they pretty well knew that they would be around longer and that they deliberately let us think they were closing to spur sales.

Private First Class giants5680@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boostergold5@gmail.com View Post
    I think they pretty well knew that they would be around longer and that they deliberately let us think they were closing to spur sales.
    I can understand your frustration, but I don't think so. I was at the convention and the guys from Hasbro said they only gave Brian and the gang a two week notice before the panel that they were going to extend the contract.

That's a lot to prepare for. For the better part of a year you think you are going to close your business and try to put out a great product knowing that this is the end. Then to find out you have a lifeline for two more years. (I wish it was at least a five year contract) Gotta be tough... Makes me wonder if they didn't wrestle with continuing to keep doing it or not.

My only cause for suspicion is fss 5. In order to take orders and ship by the end of the year, they would have had to have the designs ready, and that didn't appear to be the case.