Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Con 2017 ideas?

Private First Class

Con 2017 ideas?

Yes, I'm already going to talk about it. I want to speculate about what the exclusives may be. No rumors, I didn't go to this year's con or anything, I'm just throwing out ideas...

BF 2000-the only sub team they haven't done (Slaughter's Marauders were done by BBTS technically...OK, they haven't done several like Sonic Fighters and Mega Marines but...)

80's fill in the gaps-there are several from 87-89 that haven't had a modern sculpt. Crystal Ball, Fast Draw (PLEASE!!!), Marine Gung Ho, Super Trooper (!!!), all the drivers, Globulus, Royal Guard (don't think I want a Cobra La theme, don't think they'll really go there, since we have Pythona now (or maybe they'll go there BECAUSE of her)), about half of the 88 basic line up, most of the 89 line up (and we don't have SM Mutt, Sgt Slaughter, or Spirit based on v.1)

Best of the 90's-heck we had ECO Force, why not some of the other 90's neon stuff? I mean how about a cool Mega Marines story, with a Mega Monsters 2 pack? What? It's feasible! Or, Rock Viper with the correct head, Capt. Grid Iron, Laser Viper, Rampart, Sub Zero, Rapid Fire, Sonic Fighters (SSF?), Incinerators, 91 Mercer, CC and Snow Serpent

Battle Corps-94 Viper in FSS 5 could be an indication of more Battle Corps figures...

Drivers-how about a big set of drivers (like the old school mail-in sets), do them right, and give us a plausible story as always, maybe have some of the one-shots like Wild Card and Skidmark, Hot Seat, Long Range, Steam Roller, and Cobras like Sea Slug, Secto Viper, Vapor, Decimator, a better Motor Viper, WORMS, Ice Viper, Gyro Viper, etc

VvsV/Spy Troops-lots of good gold in these lines. The most underrated years of GI Joe, and I'll concede that some of the figures were terrible, like no-articulation Kamakura, and the Joes with buttons on their backs (Duke, Gung Ho) that Hasbro practically apologized for by re-issuing them with normal articulation later. Spy Troops would be an awesome theme, as there could be Joes dressed as Cobras and vice versa, but please don't have switchable heads, the Arctic BAT (and the 25th BAT, oddly enough) lost his head right out of the package! Snapped off at the neck. The switchable heads always make me nervous. How about doing either the armor thing like Spy Troops did, or making them (gulp) switchable head figures...

Sgt Savage/Extreme-hear me out. Not saying they should just take the Sgt Savage and Extreme figures from 20 years ago and repaint them, but look at the FSS Iron Klaw figure they did, and the new Steel Raven. Come on, we like those figures. Let's have Inferno, General Blitz and the Iron Stormtroopers, and the other ones that never made it like the Extreme girl (Mayday? Was that her name?), and maybe even some figures based on some of the comic characters like the Jekyll/Hyde character from the short lived Extreme comic...

97-2001 figures-Hasbro was testing the waters with these, and even though quality was in the toilet, we still bought the heck out of them.

GI Joe vs Cobra line-again, new sculpt, no o-rings, nobody liked them, maybe I'm nostalgic, but I remember the thrill of seeing the new Neo Vipers and Wet Suit. And how can you not like the Moray's head?

DTC-well, maybe just a few of these. This was a sort-of low point for Hasbro in my opinion, even though the vehicles were cool. Maybe get a Munitia figure, but the rest I can do without...

Comic/Cartoon figures-let's have some of the characters we never had before! Hector Ramirez! Satin! Billy!...wait...OK, Billy in his Boy Scout and ninja outfits! Blind, Hard and Soft masters! Night Creeper Leader from the 90's toon! How about the Games Master! Just repaint a Kingpin for that one....

OK, I've rambled on enough. Thoughts?

Private First Class
    I'd love to see Sgt Savage and Extreme characters done in the current scale. If they were done well, I'd buy. Cobra La would also be fine with me but I don't think we'll see it due to tooling costs. Sonic Fighters I love but most of those are easy repaints that could fill some FSS slots. I think seeing those would be unlikely as there doesn't seem to be any demand for them. Star Brigade would be another win for me, but again, the tooling there would make it tough. It'll be interesting to see what all they go for the next two years.

Sergeant
    hard and soft master were already in a two-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders@hotmail.com View Post
    hard and soft master were already in a two-pack.
    Hard Master was packed with apprentice Snake Eyes. Unless you are talking about another 2-pack

Here are some thoughts from an earlier post:

Here are my hopes for the next two cons
    2017 - Cobra-La Vs. Battle Force 2000
    2018 - DEF Vs. Headhunters or a SAF/ Red Shadows Set or a Star Brigade Set (Sky Patrol was pretty awesome and love to see what the club can do with Star Brigade).

Star Brigade vs Laser Vipers.....

Quote Originally Posted by boudro72@yahoo.com View Post
    Star Brigade vs Laser Vipers.....
    Here's One:
    Star Brigade Vs. Cobra Star Force (or something)
    Con Set: Payload (original style), Countdown, Duke, Robo-Joe, Effects, Space Shot, Cobra Commander, Cobra Blackstar, 3 Laser-Vipers, 4 Astro-Vipers,

3-Pack: TARGAT
    Paradrop: TARGAT Officer (gold Star Brigade Version)

I have to give the rest some thought.

Private First Class Josiahdongraham@gmail.com's Avatar
    I would LOVE a G.I. Joe Extreme set. They could do Sgt Stone (reuse duke's head no new parts required), Sgt Savage (also could be done with no new parts, Freight (repaint new heavy duty figure head?), Black Dragon (new head), Metal Head (new head), Quick Strike (reuse Stalker head and give removeable sunglasses from baroness?). The bad guys could be Rampage (reuse existing head chuckles would work great!), Inferno (serpentor head), and Wreckage (new head, bat lower arm?) and 6 Scar troopers (new head) this set would only require 4 new heads the last set gave us three plus two for the souveniers. This would be a great opportunity to further incorporate the Extreme team into the current GI Joe story. The club has done a great job doing this with Scar but unfortunately there is no explanation for how and why the Extreme team coexists within the joeverse.

Private First Class
    Man, I forgot about Star Brigade! That would be awesome!

Vehicles could be Stellar Stiletto, maybe a Joe and Cobra one, Invader, reuse the mechs for the Gears and Techno Viper mechs, and maybe have some other Joe/Cobra vehicles to be space ships, like maybe the stealth jet they just had for Cobra this year, the ROC Night Raven, SHARC, Firebat, or possibly come up with a completely new one?

Other Cobras/Joes: BAAT, Sci Fi, Armor Tech Destro, Ozone, maybe 2 different versions of Astro Viper (original and SB, and maybe the Shadow Viper version too).

Ahh, wishful thinking....

Private First Class
    How about a concept theme? Like the Spy Troops 3 pack we never got, or the 95 Joes and Cobras we never got to see, maybe some of the newer concept figures we still haven't seen yet (although we did finally get the Python Croc Master)...

Or a training theme? Maybe a Big Boa with some Cobra trainees (not 8 identical Cobras, though, maybe have one be a Viper with removable helmet with Mercer underneath!), and a Joe Trainer (Sgt Slaughter could return...) with some trainees like Lightfoot, Recoil, Rampart, Super Trooper, and Fast Draw, and have the exclusive packs be other recruits like Rapid Fire, Sgt Savage, whatever.