Thread: 2016 GIJoeCon Announcements & Discussion!

Post 2016 GIJoeCon Announcements & Discussion!

Greetings from Colorado!

We're gearing up for an exciting weekend of events here in Loveland. Make sure to keep watching our official GIJoeCon website for updates and photos from the show floor this weekend.

Also, I wanted to start a thread for you all to share the upcoming news, souvenirs and other product announcements online!

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this last Joe Con, but I am looking forward to seeing the souvenir sets. Hopefully I will be able to acquire them on the secondary market without major mark-ups.

Hasbro screwed every Joe fan over royally this year. They better make up for it with a fantastic summer/lineup.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Don't get to hyped up for the figs were getting. Yes we will get 2-4 concept vault figures. But the rest will be crap. Kinda like the Zartan and Scarlett in the sdcc set. Or mabey more blue joes like Dusty and Bazooka from last year. More frankenjoes like Spirit. And the rest will be re-released figs from either poc or 25th Anniversary. You'll all find out on Saturday. The Club was our last bastion of Gi Joe.

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Are you saying this based on something you saw at the convention, or just going by how joe usually gets treated in the toy market?

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I'm going by what we get as retail product. Like I said I could be wrong. But don't be upset if we only get a few figs we actually want. Why on Earth would any of us want another Zartan? We just got a one. And a better one at that. For me the Club is far more valuable of a source of Joes than Hasbro's retail offerings

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Just making sure you hadnt heard or read something i hadnt. After hearing of the club ending this year and until a bit of news last week about a 2016 retail run, i have been too depressed onthe joe front to keep my head in the news... Or lack thereof. Anyway, i was glad to hear that theres going to be another retail run, though i am disappointed about the zartan figure as yes we did just get a great updated version. Im glad to see a better scarlet, though is sdcc so its going to cost an arm and a leg. I guess its just a waiting game, though if its more snake eyes, storm shadows, blow torches and unwanted blue and red rapiamts instead of updating vintage figures like they used to do, then its more dispointment so im trying not to get my hopes up.

Sergeant
    The SDCC set has already been announced. It's a HISS Mark Two in Soundwave deco with a Zartan and a Rattler with Powerglide deco (although they do include Cobra Air Force markings so you can make it into a Crimson Guard Rattler) with Scarlett.