Thread: A few words about the last GI Joe Convention...

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar

A few words about the last GI Joe Convention...

The GI Joe Convention is that place we can go, where we won't be teased about our hobby. He is not a doll, he is a pose-able action figure, with a varied and colorful history. At the GI Joe Convention, we can be ourselves with other just like us, we are free to be children again, stoking the fires of memory, back to opening our first GI Joe figure, and playing with him with glee.

For many, it is a hobby passed down, father to son, and perhaps, to grandson. It is bittersweet, to see the Club and Con come to an end, but to look back at all the fun and good that has come out of it, is something special.

At this years GI Joe Convention, I encourage all in attendance, to take pictures, lots of them. A gathering of this caliber is not likely to happen again. I unfortunately will not be going, but the time that I did, I had a great time, and have very fond memories of the Convention, and the people.

So to everyone, going or not, I say "Have fun this final year, look back and smile. And above all, YO JOE!"
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class
    Here, here! Yo Joe!

Well said, Raven! Very well said. With that said, ....... I wish i was going. :0P Lol! To all who are...Enjoy, my friends!! Yo Joe!
    (All respects to Mr Carlin) Things you'll never hear a Joe say:
    Hand me that VAMP.
    Do what you want to the civilian, but leave me alone!

its sad but, lets not overlook,
    Joelanta
    Some Assembly required
    RollOut RollCall(I know, its a haul, but how cool would it be if a bunch of us went to England for it!)
    and a ton of other regional Joe and collector events.

I will mourn the passing of the club, but will work through forums, facebook and planned get togethers to see my friends.

One of the items we have already started doing is having a OG13 Meet-Up, once a year. Last year we were in Las Vegas, this year we will all go to San Antonio. There has been some discussion of going on a cruise one year soon.

All I am saying, if you got some friends you wont see again, cuz you only see them at the GIJoe Con, get together and work something out. Friendships were forged and built at Joecons, but maintained through contact outside of that. It's up to us too keep those friendships going.
    Last edited by boudro72@yahoo.com; 06-13-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by boudro72@yahoo.com View Post
    its sad but, lets not overlook,
    Joelanta
    Some Assembly required
    RollOut RollCall(I know, its a haul, but how cool would it be if a bunch of us went to England for it!)
    and a ton of other regional Joe and collector events.

I will mourn the passing of the club, but will work through forums, facebook and planned get togethers to see my friends.

One of the items we have already started doing is having a OG13 Meet-Up, once a year. Last year we were in Las Vegas, this year we will all go to San Antonio. There has been some discussion of going on a cruise one year soon.

All I am saying, if you got some friends you wont see again, cuz you only see them at the GIJoe Con, get together and work something out. Friendships were forged and built at Joecons, but maintained through contact outside of that. It's up to us too keep those friendships going.
    OG13 for life!