Speculation on 2016 Con Souvenirs
Now that the convention is about a month away I'd like to start speculating as to what souvenir items we will see this year.
Here's my list (including some near-impossible ideas)
1. Sky Commandos Set- Skymate, Cloudburst and either Spirit or one of the S. American Joes. I am not discounting Spirit at this point since the tools exist from the TRU and BBTS versions, but I would rather it be a character we haven't seen before.
2. Cobra 2 or 3-pack - TARGATS (a perennial request from members) or Laser Vipers (these were in the concept case a few years back and they would make great anti-aircraft troopers).
3. Sky Hawk with Major Altitude (would be cool since Interrogator is in FSS 4)
4. Sky Sharc and/ or Sky HAVOC with Aguia Commando or Albatroz
These are my unrealistic wishes:
5. Sky Raven (2009 tool) with Ghostrider
5. Re-deco of Missile Storm Copter (as a FANG II), Battle Hornet or Night Adder with Gyro-Viper (afterall the original Sky Dive was a repaint of that Character). The original FANG II would be icing on the cake, but the mold has probably been destroyed (However Hasbro did pull the Wolf-mold out in '15)
6. Paradrop - Heli-Viper (I hope it is not Freefall as he would be near-impossible to find after the convention)
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org; 05-13-2016 at 10:56 AM.
I'm betting Aguia Commando and Albatroz (sp)as two Pack
Sky Commandoes highly likely
Sky Hawk (probably the final extra piece from box set)
Major Altitude (Sky Commandoes set)
Sky Sharc potential
Sky Havoc (hope not will skip if it is)
Sky Raven (wouldn't surprise me)
5. Gyro viper maybe the rest no chance
6. Tough call
I want a gyro viper with a cobra eaglehawk, even though it will make my wallet cry!!!
Maybe the renegades black dragon, as a fang II W/ heli-viper; that would be cool.
Heli vipers and id be willing to bet miney that freefall will be the para figure... Id be upset that id have to pay 8 bazillion bucks for it, but im sure hes going to be the para figure
The only reason I suggested Heli-Viper is that Retaliation Night Viper tool already exists whereas Freefall would need a new headsculpt unless they use the Ripcord/Altitude mold from the Attack on Cobra Island Set. Also, the club would need to produce at least 2000 units of Freefall to avoid what happened with NF Crazy Legs.
Originally Posted by Thompson.email@example.com
This last group of souvenirs needs to be produced in much larger numbers to avoid massive speculation on ebay - check out the recent Botcon Megatron which sells for almost $1000 on ebay!!!! (absurd).
3) Air Vipers (Version 1) (2003 Convention San Francisco0
4) 3 Action Pilot Austronauts
1. Aquia Commando and Albatroz (Brazilian)
2. Weasel vs Wild Bill
3. I definetely do not want a trooper as the paratrooper figure.
Private First Class
I know it won't happen but I would love to get a Hardtop/Payload 2 pack.
Both Aguia Commando and Albatroz contain Sneak Peek parts, so I could see this as an exclusive 2 pack. Spirit, Skymate and Cloudburst would make a cool 3 pack. Spirit should be easy, since a ME mold already exists, but not so sure about Skymate & Cloudburst.
I just think with the theme of this convention that we NEED a Wild Weasel/Wild Bill two pack. AKA, the Wild Boyz.
I'll be very disappointed if we don't get Mjr Altitude, Sky Mate and Cloudburst as the club would be able to offer a complete relatively complete set of 90's airborne characters.
Originally Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org