Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Best of Fun Pub.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I've heard that Brian Savage has a pinball machine collection, so maybe fun pub will switch gears after Joe & do "Pinball Con"!!!

Well, a year has passed since this thread was started. Since then we've had the Sky Patrol & BF2K con sets, FSS 5, the last of the Transformers crossover sets, Pythona & Big Lob, the Wave Crusher w/Sub viper, a 3 pack of female Cobra troopers, the announcement of FSS's 6, 7 & 8, plus the continuation of product on the 12 inch side of the fandom.

Since we've received more & have more on the horizon to look forward too, can you update your "best of " list? Can you put it in a "top 10" format? Is 10 slots even enough? What say you?

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    In no particular order, I have to go with the items that made me reach for my wallet right away!
    1. Sky Patrol con set.
    Every one of these figures were new to the modern era; Abutre Negro & Escorpiao Voador were my favorite part of this set.
    2. Zombie Initiative con set.
    A little bit of Ninja Force, Eco Warriors, Steel Brigade plus zombies! Repulsor w/Dawg was my favorite from this set.
    3. Dreadnok Rampage con set.
    Love me some Dreadnoks! 2 new Dreadnoks, Demolisher & Crusher, a new sub team "The Dreadheads", and a new version of Hardtop; which I had never owned!
    4. Hotwire
    Great use of a lab coat & the Blanka headsculpt; nice exclusive!
    5. Rip It
    Great new deco for an otherwise obscure figure; had to have it!
    6. Rowdy Roddy Piper
    Great addition to the Iron Grenadiers! Figure means more since his passing.
    7. Joe Colton
    Great idea to have him in both 12 inch and 4 inch scales! Wonderful way to bring both Joe collecting communities together!
    8. Pythona
    Never thought it would happen, glad it did!
    9. International Heroes 3 pack w/Shimik, Topson & Redmack
    While their builds are a little dated now, I love the addition of new characters! This remake made these international figures more easily obtainable domestically.
    10. Mission in Brazil II con set.
    While Leatherneck & Mainframe seen dared now, the rest of the set holds up nicely. Cobra de Aco, Capt. Claymore, Sparta & Wet-Suit really stand out from this set.

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Dial Tone as he is one of my top five favorite Joes and I see fun pubs original offering as being the only one we will see of him in his og uniform. Any of the Python patrol figures as I love troop builders and that is my favorite Cobra sub team. I know that Psyche Out, Hit n Run and Sneak Peek each have two figures or more already but I would love to see them done in their Tiger Force and Night Force outfits respectively. Same with Footloose while a shot at the og figure again would be great I would love to see him get a Slaughters Marauders deco.

So many greats to chose from:
    (1) Wet Suit & Cpt. Claymore from Mission Brazil II
    (2) Oktober Guard Con Set
    (3) both Iron Grenadier Con Sets
    (4) Membership incentive Dial-Tone
    (5) FSS Repeater (Original)
    (6) BF2000 Con Set
    (7) Rowdy Roddy Piper (IG)
    (8) FSS Salvo
    (9) FSS Slice & Dice
    (10) FSS Big Boa
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    I gotta say I agree with bassistcarlos, what made me reach for my wallet the fastest. . . easy, the Oktober Guard con set. For me, this was the best item the Club produced!

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I agree with JoeFan76, Dial-Tone was a great figure each time we got him. He's the whole reason I'm a member. Also the whole reason I started donating plasma to pay for this hobby(addiction).

Overall I would have to say the Night Force stuff was the best. IF I am ever forced to start selling my collection that will be the stuff I keep. So many of my favorite(and arguably the best) figures in the modern era came from those. Not just for looks, but also construction. And even though there was that awful Crazy Legs debacle(still don't have one myself) in the end it led to a better distribution plan that worked for all attendees. Just look at this list:

Chuckles
    Falcon(sure it was a straight Hasbro repaint, but it just looks better )
    Hit & Run
    Lady Jaye
    Muskrat
    Repeater
    Steeler(Best version ever)

Sure, more traditional color schemes came later. But these came first and really nailed it!
    Last edited by manolive@hotmail.com; 09-26-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    Offering the 4 inch Adventure Team was a highlight. Love that ARAH logo with AT artwork. I am old enough to have had the big Joes before I got into ARAH.

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Everything is fantastic. The figures have been great, but I an going to lean towards the vehicles!!! The convention vehicles have been terrific. The Hammerhead subs, the Steel Brigade Sky Hawks & the D.E.F. RTV (Hammer) are the first that come to mind, but all of the Club vehicles are absolutely awesome!!!