Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best of Fun Pub.

I second this opinion - The Oktober Guard was the best set released by FunPub ever. Volga, Misha and Gorky would have been great but at least we got Dragonsky and Big Bear in FSS.

Sergeant
    Plus, the IGs that accompanied the Oktober Guard were all top-notch as well. And I have always wanted a Derryl DePriest figure!

Junior Member bmoney@cimtel.net's Avatar
    the joe transformer sets are amazing

Private First Class
    Too many to name, but I loved Toxo Vipers, and Zombies, the Dreadnoks from way back, the FSS Big Boa, the Black Dragon Troopers, Red Shadows, Gristle and his Headhunter Stormtroopers, the list goes on! Hasbro ***** now, long live FunPub, and Hasbro-you've been going downhill for a while now. Ever since they started doing Star Wars figures a la 1977 style, and tried that on the Retaliation driver figures (which we actually got an apology for!), they've been terrible with most everything. The figures and vehicles from last year are good, but not FunPub good.

Another example of Hasbro's sloppiness, I ordered Star Wars Micro Machines wave 3 case from entertainment earth and they sent wave 1. I complained, and they said they'd send wave 3. I got wave 1 again! When I talked on the phone with them, I was told Hasbro told them they were getting wave 3 cases, and were, in fact, sending wave 1s instead! They never shipped any wave 3 cases! How sloppy is that!?!?!?

This isn't toy related but I've loved the Forum - it is a great space for like-minded Joe collectors to share their comments, requests and thoughts on a variety of subjects. What I find refreshing about the forum is the lack of harsh language and "attacks" that take place (compared to other forums - i.e. that site named after a Cobra vehicle). I never felt that I was being heckled or bullied by scalpers here.

For me, the Crimson sets..the Hiding in the Shadows set
    and the 2011 MiBII set are some of my favorites....

I was able to get all of the box-sets from 2002 to 2015, this year. I really enjoy the crimson figures, from the three sets and the PP are still great.

Thanks FunPub for the work and years spent on our favorite hobby.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I must say the club was firing on all cylinders during Mission Brazil II, Oktober Guard, Night Force years. Camo Wetsuit was totally unexpected, and a nice update on the character. Sparta continues to be a hard to get figure, on the secondary market, and Freestyle was another totally unexpected figure that remains hard to get. I was actually able to get a con night boomer for less than what Freestyle costs. Sparta, Freestyle and wet suit definitely make my " Best of Fun Pub" list.

Private First Class
    Yeah, that "cobra vehicle" website has sooooooo much profanity! In the words of Red Skelton (a great comedian from the early days of TV), "Vulgarity is a shortcut to thinking."

But, back on topic, the Mission Brazil and Night Force are awesome too. Too many great figures to name, personally. Maybe I'll go on yojoe.com and look at all the club figures over the last 15 or so years and list my faves.

I agree, that set was even better with the IG as enemies. Keep your fingers crossed though, there's still one last FSS, maybe we will see one of those three in it, I wouldn't mind any of them although i never had Volga so for me updating Misha or Gorky would be more important.

Sergeant
    Does anyone know if Fun Pub is going to exist after this? Do you know anything they do other than Joes and Transformers?