Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best of Fun Pub.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar

The Best of Fun Pub.

Well, the news of Fun Pub and Hasbro breaking ties leaves the future for G.I. Joe uncertain; but I for one, thoroughly enjoyed what Fun Pub brought to the table. Join me in taking time to reminisce about the stuff Fun Pub got to do. If you could do a "Best of Fun Pub" line, what would you put in it? More importantly, why? You don't have to list them all in one post, but take some time to elaborate on your choices. Cheers Joe Bros and thank you Fun Pub. It was a great run!

My first choice for the best of Fun Pub would be Hotwire.
    One of the things I like about Fun Pub product is the creativity behind new characters. I think it's pretty much unanimous, that B.A.T.S are cool; and what could be cooler than the guy who makes B.A.T.S. More awesome every time. I like that Fun Pub found a great use for the Blanka head sculpt and this character that could be Albert Einstein's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Giant robotic mechs are cool, and what's even cooler than a giant mech is a giant mech in black! I would have loved a modern era version of Hotwire, but at least I have the original!

Con Sets and FSS figures to round out collections. Hands down. Just wish they got the early years completed first instead of the 90's figures and Ninja Force.

Private First Class giants5680@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Marissa Faireborn, Old Snake... Classic. Ive only been back collecting for about a year. And I will admit, it took me a while to get an understanding of what has been happening with Joes the last 20+ years. I have realized if not for the club, we would not have had a chance to ever see some of these classic figures. The Con sets are pretty amazing.
    Last edited by giants5680@yahoo.com; 04-19-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Private First Class
    The Best of Fun Pub would be their unique "Backyard Patrol" inspired Adventure Team figures sold only to Club members which included Convention souvenirs as well:
    - 2003 Counter Culture Adventurer
    - 2004 Aged Adventurer
    - 2010 The Henchman
    - 2011 Stealth Infiltration
    - 2012 Foreign Air Adventurer
    I'm really going to miss this creativity.

Junior Member bmoney@cimtel.net's Avatar
    its so clear now. hasbro was embarrassed by the amazing products created by fun pub. if the club had done more lack luster figures similar to the hasbro figures then things might have been different. i think hasbro is afraid that if we get what we want from one company we'll expect the same from them, and they have no real interest in our opinions. so let me say thank you fun pub, thank you for listening to the fans, thank you for your hard work, thank you for your passion, and thank you for giving joe the respect it deserves. thank you fun pub for everything.

I really like how the club offered Joe Colton in both 12 inch and 4 inch for the 50th! Not only was it a cool figure, but by offering it in both scales, it was one of those exclusives that brought the entire community together. As a 4 inch collector, I wish Fun Pub had done that more often. I really liked their Man of Evil exclusive, and would have loved a 4 inch version.

Quote Originally Posted by bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net View Post
    I really like how the club offered Joe Colton in both 12 inch and 4 inch for the 50th! Not only was it a cool figure, but by offering it in both scales, it was one of those exclusives that brought the entire community together. As a 4 inch collector, I wish Fun Pub had done that more often. I really liked their Man of Evil exclusive, and would have loved a 4 inch version.
    Joe Colton got me to revisit the AT sets for my niece and nephew, plus commission a Man of Evil, Lost Adventurer, Adventurer, Man of Action , Bullet Man and Atomic Man (Mike Powers) in the 4" scale.

Corporal
    Here is my story. I was not born here I remembered watching GI JOE in black television and white in Spanish . I never owned a figure as a kid and Fun Pub made it possible for me to own figures that I would of never had the chance to enjoy.
    Thank you for all the great figures and the cool sets. I was able to attend a convention in Orlando and it was amazing.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    The Oktober Guard figures were some of the best. Would have loved to see Volga, Misha, and Gorky done. Always wanted the Oktober Guard as figures when I read the 2nd year book with their story in there.