Thread: How Much to ask for?

Junior Member ahopkins4140@gmail.com's Avatar

How Much to ask for?

My son is no longer into GI Joe, so all of the figures that he in his room which were displayed with and never played are going to be up for grabs. My question is how much should the starting price be? Most are complete, however I can not be sure and will not have the time to ensure they are 100%. Should I sell in lots / groups?

What era are they Vintage, Real American Hero Collection, Joe versus Cobra, Spy Troops, Valor vs Venom, DTC, Sigma 6, 25th Anniversary, Rise of Cobra, Pursuit of Cobra, 30th, Retaliation, Club/Con Exclusives (if you need held identifying stuff yojoe.com has a great and relatively complete archive HIGHLY Recommended)

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Yeah, I'd suggest http://www.yojoe.com/action/ also. But I know how much time that can take if you're not really sure what you've got. There's a forum over there with a few guys that love sorting out pictures if you can post them there or over here.

As for selling I would maybe suggest small lots. Cause some guys could be worth $2 others $20. So if you group some lower priced ones with a pricey one you could unload them a little easier. Or maybe even combine some of the army builders in a lot and selling the higher priced individuals separately.

Junior Member ahopkins4140@gmail.com's Avatar
    I know who they are, I have been collecting for years. They are the new sculpt era version (thus the post in this area) mostly of the early 25ANV figures. I think i have an idea for the early 80-90 figures and the newer wave figures, its just the first waves of the 25ANV from years ago is the problem. It seems like no one wants theses or is actively seeking them. The VvV and JvC figures are all going to my 3 year son.... as those are a dime a dozen.

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Oh, ok. As you can imagine we've all seen posts starting "My son is done collecting GI Joe and I want to sell these." LOL.

So in that case, I don't know man. You could post them here or YoJoe! as a list and let some guys cherry pick(I've been looking for a 25th Beachhead w/o the diaper crotch). I think if they were a fair price most of us wouldn't mind rolling the dice on how complete they are. Then just toss the rest of them in a lot and put 'em up on the bay.