PDA

View Full Version : 2016 MIKE POWER (COUNTDOWN) to the New Atomic Man

tkallspark@yahoo.com
03-02-2016, 08:36 AM
I don't know about the rest of you collectors out there but I am eagerly awaiting the 2016 Mike Power to show up in my mailbox.

Each year the membership figures have gotten more and more exciting ESPECIALLY if you're like me and a fan of the Adventure Team. With the fate of the collectors club still unclear one thing is.....Mike Power is going to Knock it out of the park! Lanny, you and the rest of the club have given this fan one heck of a membership figure to be looking forward to this year! Thank You Collectors Club!

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
03-02-2016, 10:57 AM
The 15th Membership figure and the Club has not disappointed as of yet.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
03-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Yep, Me too, has the add on set gone up for order yet?? Suppose i could just check the store, but I'm feeling lazy.;)

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
03-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Mikey in all his glory...

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
03-24-2016, 10:49 AM
where did you get that screen-shot from?

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
03-24-2016, 10:52 AM
The Club updated their Facebook page.

I think the set looks cool, I didn't know that the camera was a bracelet.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
03-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Has the accessory set gone up for sale yet??

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
03-24-2016, 01:44 PM
No, not yet.

jeremydeanbok@yahoo.com
04-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Let's do this!

sf49ersphan@aol.com
04-26-2016, 02:34 PM
When...

The anticipation is killing me.

NX01JB@GMAIL.COM
06-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Got my Mike Powers today...love it! Cant wait to order the accessory set!!!!

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Love the figure, not crazy about the "sneakers", anyone got a line a a more athletic looking pair of footware for Mr Power?

Also when will the accessory set be made available?

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
06-14-2016, 10:28 AM
I have an old pair from Ultimate Soldiers carded figure in shorts and T but I'll be getting a second pair for this new Mike.

Love the figure, not crazy about the "sneakers", anyone got a line a a more athletic looking pair of footware for Mr Power?

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
06-16-2016, 03:46 PM
These work nice, I have a pair on my vintage Mike but I want to get a new pair for this Mike.

sdarylw@bellsouth.net
06-22-2016, 01:27 AM

Considering previous club figures came in a t-shirt and boxers, with no shoes, I welcome the fact that the new Atomic Man has shoes.
Not to mention socks! Plus, vintage tennis shoes for the original figure from the "70's are EXTREMELY hard to find. I'm sure these shoes
are meant to look like the ones from the '70's, and that's fine by me. I'm happy he came with them.

When I first opened my figure, saw the batteries, and what looked like a talker string, I was thinking wow, did they add a few phrases?
And pulling the string heard nothing. Then I realized it activated a light up eye. Too cool! Looking at the figure, you can't tell that one
eye is not painted. Not until you see it light up. The original Mike Power had a plastic piece where light entered it, and putting your finger
over the top of the tube on top of his head darkened his eye, so moving your finger back and forth made his eye flash.

I really enjoy the new head sculpt, and the subtle eye flashing. And since there is no longer the 6 million dollar man, he has two bionic
legs. As far as I'm concerned, the club hit this one out of the ballpark! There has been times in the past where people requested a new,
or repro, of the Atomic Man. I was one that seconded that sentiment.

I am very pleased with this figure, and very happy that the basic figure came with tennis shoes. Even if they are '70's style like the
original. Mine will proudly wear them.

All in all, I am ecstatic with this figure. I think i'ts one of the best the club has ever done!

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
06-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Here's a photo of his vintage sneaks (Joe Zeta) and one of the Ultimate Soldiers sneaks (personal collections).

Considering previous club figures came in a t-shirt and boxers, with no shoes, I welcome the fact that the new Atomic Man has shoes.
Not to mention socks! Plus, vintage tennis shoes for the original figure from the "70's are EXTREMELY hard to find. I'm sure these shoes
are meant to look like the ones from the '70's, and that's fine by me. I'm happy he came with them.

When I first opened my figure, saw the batteries, and what looked like a talker string, I was thinking wow, did they add a few phrases?
And pulling the string heard nothing. Then I realized it activated a light up eye. Too cool! Looking at the figure, you can't tell that one
eye is not painted. Not until you see it light up. The original Mike Power had a plastic piece where light entered it, and putting your finger
over the top of the tube on top of his head darkened his eye, so moving your finger back and forth made his eye flash.

I really enjoy the new head sculpt, and the subtle eye flashing. And since there is no longer the 6 million dollar man, he has two bionic
legs. As far as I'm concerned, the club hit this one out of the ballpark! There has been times in the past where people requested a new,
or repro, of the Atomic Man. I was one that seconded that sentiment.

I am very pleased with this figure, and very happy that the basic figure came with tennis shoes. Even if they are '70's style like the
original. Mine will proudly wear them.

All in all, I am ecstatic with this figure. I think i'ts one of the best the club has ever done!

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-22-2016, 06:57 PM
Here's a photo of his vintage sneaks (Joe Zeta) and one of the Ultimate Soldiers sneaks (personal collections).

Those look great, but how available is that figure?

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
06-23-2016, 06:31 AM
I've seen them for under $20 shipped on eBay, at least you get more then the sneakers with the extras.

Those look great, but how available is that figure?

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-23-2016, 03:02 PM
I've seen them for under $20 shipped on eBay, at least you get more then the sneakers with the extras.

Yes but i have to deal with ebay, UGH

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
07-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Got mine today. Straight out of the box onto his treadmill.

1542 1543

sf49ersphan@aol.com
07-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Got mine today. Straight out of the box onto his treadmill.

1542 1543

After a trip to the shoe store ;)

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
07-12-2016, 10:54 AM
After a trip to the shoe store ;)

You noticed the original Secret Mountain Outpost sneakers! They were not an easy find...

sf49ersphan@aol.com
07-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Yep, it's the only downside to this piece IMHO, I don't like the white dress shoes, which I guess is ok now that i have the accessory set, he'll be in his standard issue black short boots.

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
07-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Love this set, very remenicent of the Race for Recovery vintage set.
Photo on the left is from Vintage3DJoes.com

Yep, it's the only downside to this piece IMHO, I don't like the white dress shoes, which I guess is ok now that i have the accessory set, he'll be in his standard issue black short boots.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
07-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Love this set, very remenicent of the Race for Recovery vintage set.

Too bad we did not get the yellow rope. That is very difficult to find.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-26-2016, 09:59 AM
Too bad we did not get the yellow rope. That is very difficult to find.

Try this one: https://www.modellersloft.co.uk/action-man/40th/ski-patrol-ice-axe-climbing-rope-6-x-grenades.html

It's 4 British Pounds, which means 5 dollars US, but shipping will probably get you.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
07-26-2016, 08:05 PM
I should rephrase - hard to get the yellow rope-ladder.