PDA

View Full Version : More Bang for your bucks ( a toy wars brand conversation)

tkallspark@yahoo.com
08-01-2015, 06:37 PM
G.I.JOE: (HASBRO)

there's only one, tried and true for over 50 years, without a doubt America's #1 Fully articulated modern army fighting figure. Current Retail Availability Exclusively @ Toys R Us, and The G.I.JOE Collectors Club.

Costs: vary price range begins around $9.99 and if you are buying boxed set exclusives up to over $300.00

Elite Force (BBI)
Realistic to a point, these are found at target stores, prices range from 6.00-35.00

True Heroes S1 ( Forgive me for not knowing who makes these) Found @ Toys R US

Price range 7.00-39.99 * Interestingly they have produced a bridgelayer, a C-130, and a Hovercraft....Not bad.

Lastly

The Corps Elite vs. Curse (lanard) Next to G.I.JOE these guys have had a long run with multiple variations through out their run, and several of the figures and vehicles have grabbed old Hasbro copyright names, this year, they actually have grabbed "EAGLE EYE".......And have produced their first ever female characters. And Lanard has 4 yes 4 different play scales this year, 1/18th, 1/6th, sigma scale, and little plastic army men scale....seriously.

average price range $2.99-35.99

If you collect any of these let's here you weigh in on your thoughts.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-01-2015, 08:02 PM
I collect elite force and Gi Joe and the only reason why I stick with Gi Joe more is the artwork of the packages.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
08-04-2015, 02:52 AM
Am I the only one who finds the irony that there is a Real toy war going on right under our noses?

Here we have 4 different companies producing Military themed toys/collectables.....and Hasbro should be leading the charge, I am not knocking what awesome products we have coming, I am looking at the big picture, that the foothold once held by G.I.JOE on the nations toy isle has slipped slowly away, and it shouldn't be this way, I see places like Target and Walmart, K-Mart, and Toys R Us and JOE should be in every one of them, we as both collectors and fans should let Hasbro know that we want more. Companies like Lanard, are putting out new products, Elite Force is giving full sized 1/18th scale vehicles and detailed figures......Hasbro is the Father of G.I.JOE, it's Hasbro's......So as a collector with Children, and my children have their own collections, I say that while yes each has their own business model, it's high time G.I.JOE takes the hill again!! Reclaim the marketplace that it held, Don't let 50 years of history be reduced to almost nothing. Bring back both scales 1/6 and 1/18th.....Joe Created modern army action figures, those companies want to play in our battlefield, GIVE THEM A WAR HASBRO!

jim_filo@yahoo.com
08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Just like the Lego vs. KRE-O Figures.

Not really a war, but a licensing issue.