PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Strike is live on HTS!

rjhiii@sover.net
07-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Live on Hasbro Toy store

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/gi-joe-crimson-strike-pack?BR=520&ID=35195

rjhiii@sover.net
07-28-2015, 10:54 AM
be patient Hasbro is being inundated, but hopefully there will be some left.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
07-28-2015, 12:33 PM
did the price go up or is that what it was a sdcc

kelty11@verizon.net
07-28-2015, 01:23 PM
I was finally able to buy after waiting about a half hour. Surprisingly I think that it is still available. It seems that only the Stormstrooper and Marvel Dr. Strange set sold out - a big improvement over previous years. I was shocked by the price though - $109 rather than $99. How can they charge this much when the general release item is only 59.99?. The SDCC Desert Duel set was only $10 more.

My total was $131 - $10 shipping (average) and $10 tax (usually I am only charged tax when items are shipped from within NYS).

Still not bad considering that the set averages around $170 + $7-$12 shipping on ebay.

I wish HTS had the quantity limitations in place way back for the Sarge, Zarana, Jinx and the Joe/TF sets.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
07-28-2015, 03:17 PM
This will be the only way to get that jet and the two extra figs it comes with though. So I'm not at all surprised at the mark up because I'm sure they didn't produce the same numbers of the retail set. The cost to produce I'm sure was more, but I agree it is a bit high. I was hoping for 90. S'why I had to pass for now. :0(

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-28-2015, 03:28 PM
It was $99 at the show but with the cost of lodging and assorted comicon funnin' you guys are coming out just fine, I'd say.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
07-28-2015, 03:42 PM
Got my set and the Kreo set too. Hope it comes at the minimal shipping time, I'm going to be moving about 3 days after the maximum shipping time! They're still available! Rumor has it (in the latest Joe club mag) that we're supposed to get a shot at the sets on the Joe club website. Probably happen after hasbro's website is "sold out." I was in a panic, as I was in a store in town, and my data didn't want to cooperate, so it took me about 25 minutes to order! My wife was rolling her eyes and laughing at me as I was telling the phone to hurry up!

Several years ago, when they were doing the Cobra Commanders with the suits, I tried to order them, and my login info didn't work. When I called, the slow, bored, uncaring guy I talked to said my profile had been deleted! By the time I created a new profile with him over the phone, he told me they were sold out! I complained to the BBB, and about a week after I complained, I got my CC's! Hasbro holds some back, then it was to sell them later as AFA graded for a ridiculously jacked up price (which is how I got mine), but it's also possibly because of any returns (because of broken or missing pieces) or something. I'm going to also say it's because the Joe club is getting some too. Anybody know if the Joe club is getting just one, two or all 3 exclusives? What about the TF club getting a chance at the Devastator?

rjhiii@sover.net
07-28-2015, 04:51 PM
It was $10 more than the Con, still much cheaper than scalper- bay. I think enough people complained to the right people, with the right argument- ie Hasbro is leaving money on the table and turning off their customers that it got their attention. Last year the TRU Tan Danger at the Docks sold out instantly ( within minutes). I took a snapshot ten minutes after it went live showing it was sold out, and a snapshot of EBay at virtually the same time with over 100 listings at triple retail that had already sold, and another 50 listings active at the same price. I know I hit somebody's nerve because I was copied on a message to about 15 other people. After that I suggested people contact Hasbro. I think we as a community, frustrated over the Tan Vamp fiasco lit up their complaint center and some changes were implemented. Well at least, I would like to think that us little consumers influenced the outcome.

rcmejia@gmail.com
07-28-2015, 08:55 PM
I'm kicking my self for having bought the set on eBay

bluebeast101@yahoo.com
07-29-2015, 12:35 AM
I got two sets one on ebay for 170 and one for 200. You run the risk of hasbro not having any left after con like the last 4 years!

dgarlit@gmail.com
07-29-2015, 07:22 AM
Stoked to have ordered this. Definitely don't want/need yet another Skystriker but I am loving that AVAC and Alley Viper. Looks like they still haven't sold out yet.

cb72572@yahoo.com
07-29-2015, 07:56 AM
Ordered mine and I am shocked they have lasted this long on HTS. Hasbro must have made a lot more than last year.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Somewhere scalpers are crying and cursing that they can not flip their SDCC exclusives for 2-3 times what they paid...hahahahahahhahaa. I hope they sit on them forever or cut bait and have to sell for huge losses...

kelty11@verizon.net
07-29-2015, 09:01 AM
It was $10 more than the Con, still much cheaper than scalper- bay. I think enough people complained to the right people, with the right argument- ie Hasbro is leaving money on the table and turning off their customers that it got their attention. Last year the TRU Tan Danger at the Docks sold out instantly ( within minutes). I took a snapshot ten minutes after it went live showing it was sold out, and a snapshot of EBay at virtually the same time with over 100 listings at triple retail that had already sold, and another 50 listings active at the same price. I know I hit somebody's nerve because I was copied on a message to about 15 other people. After that I suggested people contact Hasbro. I think we as a community, frustrated over the Tan Vamp fiasco lit up their complaint center and some changes were implemented. Well at least, I would like to think that us little consumers influenced the outcome.

Wow. You know its serious when a customer is cc on inter-office emails that are sent to 15 people. Who did you contact?

rjhiii@sover.net
07-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Customer service, then when I got a response, I replied with pdfs from ebay and Tru, then I got a response from a different person and I sent the orginal pdf's plus more pdf's. That message response was copied to a bunch of people. That was the last I heard of it though. But last year the Tan Vamp sold retail for $40 and was immediately selling for $100- $200 the same day, seconds after TRU sold out. And I mean selling, not just listed. I am sure the Hasbro folks realized they could of charged $69, $79, or even $100 for the Vamp and still sold out for the most part last year. I also know a bunch of other people said they were going to email Hasbro and follow up with similar stuff. But who knows, maybe that was the other 15 customer service reps because the two I responded to didn't want to deal with me again...lol!

rjhiii@sover.net
07-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Subject: GI Joe 50th Danger at The Docks [Incident: 140724-000280]
Date: Mon, July 28, 2014 9:04 am

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 90 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
To access your question from our support site, click here
Subject
GI Joe 50th Danger at The Docks

Response By Email (Mary) (07/28/2014 09:04 AM)
Hi Rudy,

Thank you for contacting us again.

We regret that you have found dealers or collectors purchasing the product, and that you have been unable to locate the set. We hope you understand that we have no control of the inventory once it is shipped to the retailers.

However, we are as concerned as you are about this situation. Please be assured that your comments have already been shared with our Marketing and Sales Departments so that they are also aware of your concern.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for sharing your observations.

Warm regards,

Mary
Customer By CSS Email (Rudy Hanecak III) (07/25/2014 04:55 PM)
Jenn, or Customer service rep,

Attached is another screen grab of the Danger at The Docks set being
resold by scalpers on Ebay. They are selling. For everyone that someone
gives up $100 there are several customers that are left in the cold. This
is all money Hasbro is losing to scalpers and leaving unhappy customers in
the wake. Again, please consider another larger run of the "Danger at the
Docks" Tan and Black (original colors) Vamp Mark II set.

Sincerely,

Rudy Hanecak III

On Fri, July 25, 2014 9:07 am, Hasbro Consumer Care said:
>
>

--
"Windsor,VT - Birthplace of Vermont, Cradle of the American Industrial
Revolution, and Center for Artistic Expression

==================== application File Attachment ====================
_danger at the docks_ _ eBay.pdf, 2851505 bytes, Added to incident
Response By Email (Jenn) (07/25/2014 09:07 AM)
Hi Rudy,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro! We appreciate your taking the time to reach out to us in regards to the GI Joe 50th Danger at The Docks product.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. I will share your comments with my business partners so that they are also aware of your feedback in regards to having more availability of this item.

Rudy, I appreciate having the opportunity to assist you. I hope you have a fun day!

Warm regards,
Customer By CSS Web (Rudy Hanecak III) (07/24/2014 02:36 PM)
Is there any way Hasbro-Toys R Us- Big Bad Toy Store can release more of the Tan Danger at the Docks sets? TRU opened up their website and it was instantly sold out at the $29.99 price, and the scalpers are commanding $90 and up already on E-bay. For collectors and kids this is unfortunate. All of the companies involved are in the business to sell the toys, and the demand has not been met. All you will end up doing is turning the next generation of Hasbro buyers/collectors off entirely. Please consider adding an October run for the Christmas season. I was planning on buying the tan set for my niece and nephew for Christmas as they enjoy playing with my vintage Mark II VAMP. To indicate this is a pdf screen grab of Ebay. You could be making more money selling more of these, and the scalpers could be making less.

Thank You,

Rudy Hanecak III
Windsor, VT
Question Reference # 140724-000280
Date Created: 07/24/2014 02:36 PM
Date Last Updated: 07/28/2014 09:04 AM

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
07-29-2015, 09:49 AM
they're still available...

rjhiii@sover.net
07-29-2015, 10:00 AM
I know- but I don't know if that is a really good thing, or really bad. did they make more and have left overs? If so did they do well enough to continue this model. Or is there no interest in this particular set? Or worse a combination of no interest and extra meaning the next SDCC will be a super small run, and probably figures everyone will want, but never thought they would be produced, such as "The Fridge", Or the remaining Slaughter Maurauders Footloose, Mutt and Sarge...

kelty11@verizon.net
07-29-2015, 12:54 PM
I hope it was just the price and the odd swapping of Joe and Cobra vehicles. The higher prices make a difficult for a scalper to justify a 3x or 4x markup (currently these go for $150 to $180 on ebay). It was easier to resell Zarana (14.99) or $30, $50 or even $60 dollars. Personally I despise Hasbro's decision to release the Sarge, Zarana and Jinx and SDCC comic con exclusives.

I actually emailed Hasbro Customer services suggesting that Zarana and Jinx be re-issued in a 50th 2-pack in 2016 - no response yet.

giants5680@yahoo.com
07-29-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm kicking my self for having bought the set on eBay

I got two sets one on ebay for 170 and one for 200. You run the risk of hasbro not having any left after con like the last 4 years!

Ebay got me for 170 as well. I have to admit its taking some of the luster off my figures

rjhiii@sover.net
07-29-2015, 04:48 PM
I hope it was just the price and the odd swapping of Joe and Cobra vehicles. The higher prices make a difficult for a scalper to justify a 3x or 4x markup (currently these go for $150 to $180 on ebay). It was easier to resell Zarana (14.99) or $30, $50 or even $60 dollars. Personally I despise Hasbro's decision to release the Sarge, Zarana and Jinx and SDCC comic con exclusives.

I actually emailed Hasbro Customer services suggesting that Zarana and Jinx be re-issued in a 50th 2-pack in 2016 - no response yet.

My understanding from the various board is the only way they can do Sgt slaughter figures/items is at events where he is, and in limited numbers because of licensing issues with Mattel and WWE. A Zarana and Jinx reissue is a good idea. The complaints worked with Alpine...