PDA

View Full Version : Cobra-La set ideas?

cardensb@hotmail.com
05-20-2015, 05:45 PM
If we are considering Cobra-La as the theme for a set and a con, you also have to think about the remaining exclusive items and assume minimum retooling. I assume most of the money would go to BFS for Golobolus body, head, etc...
I don't really want another SnowCat as an exclusive.
Figures could all be arctic themed using Mindbender's new body.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
05-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I think itd be awesome if, instead of arctic theme, they released a classic mindbender with the new headsculpt. Who would the joes be, or would this be a set with all cobras?

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
05-20-2015, 06:58 PM
There would be a re-release of Nemesis Enforcer (maybe a re-paint?), army builders of Royal Guards (I'd say limit to 3), Golobulus, Pythona (repaint maybe or variant of next year's free figure, or not), New sculpt Big Lob, Jinx (no mask with blindfold), Falcon, Serpentor, Cobra Commander (snake man), Cobra Commander (big snake), Roadblock, Sgt. Slaughter, plus 3 others. Figure sets sold separately would include arctic versions of Joes and Cobras, vehicles would include the BET, Stun, HAVOC (old school!), and some Cobra La vehicles. That's my idea anyway...

rjhiii@sover.net
05-20-2015, 07:02 PM
I posted a complete con set and exclusives in another thread on this topic and it was removed for some reason. Might be an indication I came close to something being planned? I hope ��

rjhiii@sover.net
05-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Well here it is again:
Obviously Cobra La is the next set. Artic Mindbender, Probably Frostbite is the 13th in original colors, Pythona, Original Law and Order (recruit with Falcon in the Movie) is in FSS 4.0 only makes sense. So here is my Cobra La/Convention AND CLUB MEMBER exclusives. I say Club member, after all this set will be sought after by all the members and some of us just do not attend conventions for various reasons, but we are willing to pay a higher price to have access than the Con goers. So here is my set idea:

Cobra La:

1.Golobulous
2-3. Cobra La Royal Guard x 2
4-6. Cobra La Guards x 3
7. SDCC Zarana Re-release Color changing plastic and Artic Vest (got to make her unique :) )
8. Cobra -La Scientist (Cobra Commander as a Cobra La citizen from the 1987 movie)
9. Artic Baroness (50th Body, better head and Artic Coat)

Joes
10. Artic Quick Kick (TRU Black Version with artic coat)
11. SDCC Red Jinx unmasked (short spiky hair w/removable blindfold and hooded head accessories)
12. Ultimate Falcon (Movie colors)
13. Big Lob (50h Leatherneck body to give him that Basketball height?)
14. Artic Lady Jaye (25th Anniversary 5 pack hat less cartoon version)
15. Artic Gung Ho (using new 50th with Coat accessory)

Parachute figure- Cobra Trooper different color/or additional weapon (like in the movie plus it saves costs.)

Two Pack - Artic Zandar and Artic Zartan (with color changing plastic. Basically only have to add a coat to the existing molds)

Three pack- Morphing Cobra Commander w/ Raodblock (Cobra Commander starting the transition half Cobra-half man, Walking Serpent (can they utilize Spiderman , Lizard sculpt?), Artic Roadblock with removable Snake Commander)

Giveaway (plus some extra for Club members please)- Golobulous Floating Base

Vehicle Modern Triple T (real Long shot w/ Sgt Slaughter trainer comes with Duffel bag)

Longer Shot "Artic Coyote" utilizing concept case Renegades Desert Coyote (allowing for a future renegades set) (no figure)

Reuse of the "Man Eating Plants" (Dr. Venom set and 12" AT club has the molds) and 25th Vines as the defensive plants near the beginning of the entrance to Cobra La w/ Artic Chuckles figure

Real ambitious- Repurpose Cobra Mountain Playset as MT Entrance to Cobra-La (Does that mold even still exist?)

rjhiii@sover.net
05-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Found the original thread

Falcon Sunbow Cartoon colors, Quick Kick has a Black jacket with a throwing stars sash

Lady Jaye has a Brown jacket (good use for for the cancelled Artic Scarlet figure )

Falcon has never been done in his brown/green Sunbow Camo

plus this is a way for some to get the SDCC Jinx and Zarana.
A color changing Zandar and Zartan two pack would be awesome.

Cobra-La Cobra Commander Scientist

and who would not want this Baroness, with the matching high
collar artic coat?

julestobin@gmail.com
05-20-2015, 09:24 PM
I think they should have a COBRA-LA JINX! And lets not forget the WEAPON!!... I've said before...if GRUNT got COBRA-LA(ed) ,he'd look like A ROYAL GUARD! But to build on the COLOR and figure the WEAPON would put COBRA-LA in the limelight ...instead of a dreaded straight up reboot of a couple of 80's figures... and I know everybody screams and cries when they get a repaint.... (lets not forget if STORMSHADOW was COBRA-LA'd,he'd look like NEMESIS ENFORCER))

julestobin@gmail.com
05-20-2015, 09:31 PM
I don't know if it's intentional in the other entries...but everybodies been pointing at a SHINY ZARRANA w/EARRINGS! To see a an UNREALEASED SHINY ZARRANA is one thing.... but to see the COBRA-LA version is another! RESPECT!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
05-21-2015, 08:28 AM
No Joes for this set. Just Golobulus, Nemesis Enforcer, either the scientist Cobra Commander or a new Serpentor, and the rest are Royal Guard. Just like the Crimson Strike set. This will keep costs down.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-21-2015, 10:07 AM
The Joes are all existing parts so the costs would be down already. A couple of heads, and a few paint applications. Not too elaborate.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-21-2015, 02:55 PM
I still think next year's set will be Red Shadows and Action Force (awful lot of Brits in FSS4) themed with Cobra-La in 2017 for the 30th Anniversary of the GI Joe Movie and Cobra La.

julestobin@gmail.com
05-21-2015, 03:54 PM
It's not that I can't wait,but rather stopping a COBRA LA entry into the comics because it doesn't have the action figures out.... is just holding back an excellent story for more summer 'gap-age' ....and more SPECULATION when,where and who the COBRA LA are..... If they were meant to be SPECULATED in the G.I.JOE UNIVERSE.... Wouldn't they be SEE THROUGH GHOST VARIANTS???

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
05-23-2015, 08:51 AM
This set based on the 87 movie is a fantastic idea and I really like it.
The only problem we run into is we would have to somehow get a B.E.T. produced.
Would that vehicle be possible in a scale/size good enough to work as a Club Exclusive vehicle?
You know it would sell like crazy!

rew97@live.com
05-23-2015, 09:39 AM
I still think next year's set will be Red Shadows and Action Force (awful lot of Brits in FSS4).

I hope you are right, I am quickly becoming a fan of the Red Shadows and have always hated Cobra La with a passion.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
05-23-2015, 01:01 PM
87 Movie is awesome. I dig any ideas coming from it.

julestobin@gmail.com
05-23-2015, 05:53 PM
I like the figures more than the movie... You can never have enough movies ,but could supplement imagery with lithographs and other scenes of fashionable art....be it a COBRA LA VARIANT of ZARTAN or what not... Once again,few movies...too many figures. A sain balance of the imageries and actions of G.I.JOE vs. COBRA would leave room for more important FIGURES to be produced.

julestobin@gmail.com
05-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Just a quick note: STORMSHADOW is just as tall as NEMESIS ENFORCER ...it was Nemesis Immortal who was taller...and had a feud with LT. FALCON! PEACE.