PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Hasbro Offering

kelty11@verizon.net
04-11-2015, 11:47 AM
I just saw fantastic images online of Hasbro's 2015 releases:

All I can is Gun-Ho, 1985 Alpine, WOW!!.

Although it looks like there are way too many SDCC exclusives. I hope TRU sells them online as they did last year.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-11-2015, 12:22 PM
a buddy of mine was at the panel and he indicated they would be.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
04-11-2015, 12:56 PM
and yet another Steeler is SDCC exclusive... how many times does he need to be SDCC exclusive before we get a retail version? it's stuff like that, that really grinds my gears. /endrant1

finally! Concept Case Gung Ho! Concept Case Storm Shadow! Concept Case Zartan!

some more rereleased and repainted troop builders (iron grenadiers + steel brigade, cobra shock trooper + rock viper + 85 Alpine)

a "new" cobra commander and Shipwreck pack

FOE Striker i like, but i'm confused if that will be a Toys R Us release or only SDCC (if it's SDCC AND Toys R Us fine, but if it's not retail release i'll be PISSED. i'm getting sick of the scalper scene as much as everyone else)

new Spirit Iron Knife (paired with CC Strom Shadow)

Sneak Attack pack is interesting... urban Dusty, urban Bazooka, and repainted Firefly (i really hope those Bazooka legs are recut for double knee and ankle articulation, since they look a LOT like the first Retaliation Roadblock reduced- (as in almost none) articulation legs

Gary Goggles tribute is fantastic (Sightline) i would really like this figure

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-11-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm not even over the frustration of the $185 ebay scalper prices for the TF Tiger Hawk, Tiger Sting and Tiger Sharks and they are already announcing more highly exclusive vehicle sets for SDCC this summer! I don't get it. Why does there even need to be a set of Gi Joe exclusives at Comic Con? And if so, why does it always have to be the good stuff? Does it make them feel special and elitist by keeping the best collectibles out of the reach of us common blue collar peasants? And don't give me that crap about getting a second chance at those items at Toys R Us online - already been through that last summer with the brown Vamp.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-11-2015, 03:37 PM
It's awesome that they are releasing Gung Ho, Storm Shadow, and Zartan from the vault! I also like the Spirit in desert camo and the Firefly. I think that if they are gonna re-release 85 Alpine they should use this opportunity to fix his forearms/wrists. The Torpedo would be better if they included an alternate head sculpt, although I would have preferred a ME Chief Torpedo v1 instead. Green Blow Torch? He doesn't look bad but why couldn't they have thought of that in time for last years 2 pack?

rew97@live.com
04-11-2015, 03:45 PM
I was cracking up when I saw the Python Patrol Croc Master with his red Croc, also the fact we are getting yet another Blowtorch I found ammusing. Of all the TRU/BBTS exclusives oddly enough I am most excited for that Retaliation Firefly in vintage deco, after he was released in close to vintage deco in that Retaliation 3 pack, I figured we would never get one 100% vintage accurate. So that was a very pleasant suprise. Also the fact we are getting Law and Order and Billy in FSS 4.0 really made my day.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-12-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm not even over the frustration of the $185 ebay scalper prices for the TF Tiger Hawk, Tiger Sting and Tiger Sharks and they are already announcing more highly exclusive vehicle sets for SDCC this summer! I don't get it. Why does there even need to be a set of Gi Joe exclusives at Comic Con? And if so, why does it always have to be the good stuff? Does it make them feel special and elitist by keeping the best collectibles out of the reach of us common blue collar peasants? And don't give me that crap about getting a second chance at those items at Toys R Us online - already been through that last summer with the brown Vamp.

ENOUGH with the exclusives created solely for scalpers. At least Toys R Us had limit on the number of VAMPS you buy; If any these are sold via HTS there will be no limit. I have to admit that I am almost done with GI JOE. It has become a hobby of greedy scalpers and "short term" investors (like the dwarves in LOTR - holed-up in their mountain fortresses, hoarding their gold).

sf49ersphan@aol.com
04-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Hey at least you RAH fans are getting something. Those of us that are 12" fans are getting the usual from Hasbro...

Bupkis ;-)

science_mrk@yahoo.com
04-12-2015, 12:42 PM
It is so true. Even as a gainfully employed adult I can't justify the constant spending of my hard-earned money on tiny plastic army figures. As much as I love collecting, I have reached a point where I will NEVER have enough room to display my full collection and to just be content with them boxed up in a storage unit is really quite depressing. So as much as I would love to continue collecting it is getting harder and harder to actually get excited over exclusives that I will never own merely because I won't let myself pay the exorbitant prices that scalpers are charging on top of the already jacked up price tags put on the items by either the club or SDCC or whomever else is providing the product. $45.00 for an action figure is ridiculous let alone $100-500 each. Seriously..the plastic isn't even high quality by the time I decide to possibly open and display some of these items I fear they will simply just break into pieces from handling.

science_mrk@yahoo.com
04-12-2015, 12:56 PM
P.S. The Cobra Scythe jet is so Coooooool.

dmacleod66@rochester.rr.com
04-15-2015, 09:43 AM
FOE Striker i like, but i'm confused if that will be a Toys R Us release or only SDCC (if it's SDCC AND Toys R Us fine, but if it's not retail release i'll be PISSED. i'm getting sick of the scalper scene as much as everyone else)

there will be both the only difference is the SDCC one will include 2 extra figures.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
04-16-2015, 04:29 PM
there will be both the only difference is the SDCC one will include 2 extra figures.

thanks for reminding me. i finally looked at general joes picture files and saw the description tags w/ prices and availability. and then when i looked these forums up a few minutes later, there was your response. let's just say that i am much relieved.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
04-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Hey at least you RAH fans are getting something. Those of us that are 12" fans are getting the usual from Hasbro...

Bupkis ;-)

Yeah, the cupboards are kind of bare...

jimsnow70@aol.com
04-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Was thinking about skipping out on the SDCC Cobra Scythe set, but I really want that jet and Grunt/Steeler figures.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
04-17-2015, 12:28 AM
ENOUGH with the exclusives created solely for scalpers. At least Toys R Us had limit on the number of VAMPS you buy; If any these are sold via HTS there will be no limit. I have to admit that I am almost done with GI JOE. It has become a hobby of greedy scalpers and "short term" investors (like the dwarves in LOTR - holed-up in their mountain fortresses, hoarding their gold).

Don't say done with gi Joe. Just hearing someone say that makes me sad :( too fun to be done

kelty11@verizon.net
04-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Don't say done with gi Joe. Just hearing someone say that makes me sad :( too fun to be done

Don't worry I will never stop buying GI JOE!. I'm just frustrated that something that used to fun has become filled with greed and hair-pulling. I think we all long for the days of plenty- you'd walk into TRU, KB, Play World, etc and find hundreds of joes (enough Alley Vipers and Laser Vipers to create whole squads). Now stores only get two cases in and one guy buys everything to re-sell to those who can't go to TRU at 6am. Online retailers have contributed as well with unlimited purchases permitted. If you went to TRU in the 90's and bought 100 Laser Vipers you'd have to carry them home. When buying online all you do is select the qty (2, 10, 50) and boom UPS brings them to your stoop. :D

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-17-2015, 09:43 AM
Don't worry I will never stop buying GI JOE!. I'm just frustrated that something that used to fun has become filled with greed and hair-pulling. I think we all long for the days of plenty- you'd walk into TRU, KB, Play World, etc and find hundreds of joes (enough Alley Vipers and Laser Vipers to create whole squads). Now stores only get two cases in and one guy buys everything to re-sell to those who can't go to TRU at 6am. Online retailers have contributed as well with unlimited purchases permitted. If you went to TRU in the 90's and bought 100 Laser Vipers you'd have to carry them home. When buying online all you do is select the qty (2, 10, 50) and boom UPS brings them to your stoop. :D

Well said. I too get frustrated at times because of how difficult it is to get something. Even if your willing to pay the high prices on eBay it doesn't mean it's automatically there. I'd be willing to pay $150 -$175 for a Darklon (my favorite character as a kid) but nobody is even selling one. That's the bad thing about the exclusive pieces. You either have to jump on it right away when the prices are at their highest or just be extremely patient. It would be nice, and I think a good revenue stream for the club if every few years they could produce 5 to 7 figure box sets containing some of those individual character exclusives like Darklon, Crimson Asp, Sergeant Major etc. with minor alterations so the exclusives are still exclusive.
It can be preordered just like the FSS, but if there aren't enough preorders then they don't go into production.

People can clamor for reproduction figures on the forums all day but if the club did a preorder on something like that, and they had actual numbers and data to look at, perhaps they could more easily see a new revenue stream to help with more figures or new tooling for some of those more odd figures (Raptor comes to mind) that we all want.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-17-2015, 01:48 PM
I agree, I think the club should start with an Argen 7 multi pack(Topson, Shimik, Redmak, Manleh, Glenda, Cobra Mortal, Ninja-Ku, Satan, oops that's more than 7) since the ME Argentine characters are done (I could be missing some)

Afterall, the International Team Pack was released at the 2009 convention (6 years ago and those packs go for about $400 on ebay, when they are offered). I think these figures would look great in a window or a small scale convention style box replicating the original Argentine artwork.

This would be a great opportunity to re-issue rare con figures as well as give us a proper Glenda, Satan (Sei-Tan in Devil's Due) and a Chromed- Cobra Mortal.

I am biding my time as well on Darklon, the Annihilators, and the 2011 convention set. I was almost going to spend $60 for loose 2008 Alpine and then lo and behold Hasbro is re-issuing him in August.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Well said. I too get frustrated at times because of how difficult it is to get something. Even if your willing to pay the high prices on eBay it doesn't mean it's automatically there. I'd be willing to pay $150 -$175 for a Darklon (my favorite character as a kid) but nobody is even selling one.

Some bozo is selling a Darklon/ Sgt. Major 2-Pack on ebay for $750 or best offer!!! That's what the 2012 Oktober Guard set goes for more or less when it is on the market.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Heard at the 'con that Steeler will have a logo on one side of his helmet only... just like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

jim_filo@yahoo.com
04-20-2015, 04:05 PM
These look good :)

will have to pick these up :)

Thank you everyone for the information :)

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Heard at the 'con that Steeler will have a logo on one side of his helmet only... just like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

That's true. The italicized star used as the 50th logo is on the right side of his helmet only. Hasbro said they did it as a nod because he's from Pittsburgh.