PDA

View Full Version : 2015 souvenirs

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
04-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Just curious as to what everyone thinks of the new souvenirs?

kelty11@verizon.net
04-10-2015, 09:47 AM
I think its a mixed bag (no pun intended). I would have preferred Bazooka and Dusty (Felino) in the boxed set as once again two essential characters will out of the reach of most fans. Hopefully Ripcord, Roadblock, Tripwire and the UK Tiger Force will be offered some day.

I think for the souvenirs the club should stick to unique or new characters rather than essentials. For example, why not do a TF Big Ben or one of the other FSS figures.

The vehicles are kind of what I suspected to be released prior to the convention.

I wonder if the club would be willing to sell carded versions of Bazooka, Dusty (Felino), Skystriker and Frostbite to club members. This would be an great step for them as two versions of the souvenirs would be available. I don't think it would hurt secondary market prices as all of the membership figures exist as bagged and carded versions. The bagged and carded Dial Tone go for almost the same amount on Ebay.

Sorry for the rant.

Although I probably won't be able to acquire them - A++ (A+++ on the Tiger Hawk - well done GIJCC).

rew97@live.com
04-10-2015, 10:01 AM
I'm glad the exclusives are mostly variants and not new essential characters. That is assuming we get a vintage deco Frostbite in the near future, which is highly likely.

04-10-2015, 10:16 AM
I wont go into specifics as to how i feel about each figure... I will say i was expecting TARGAT as opposed to repainted Annihilators, however, maybe they will release TARGAT club wide instead which would be great. i will also say, that I had someone willing to help me get them at con prices with a small finders fee, and i passed all around after i saw the pics. I did like the helicopter but i knew if i bought one id want them all for completion purposes, but since i was only happy with a few i decided to pass.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-10-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm glad the exclusives are mostly variants and not new essential characters. That is assuming we get a vintage deco Frostbite in the near future, which is highly likely.

The only ones I would like to add to my collection are Bazooka, Dusty (Felino) and Frostbite. I can live without the others. Currently there are some sellers on Ebay charging $300 for the Iron Anvil Officer. The club needs to start making these more widely available.

04-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Id like frostbite, but im not thrilled with the headsculpt

kelty11@verizon.net
04-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Id like frostbite, but im not thrilled with the headsculpt

I took a closer look online and I agree with you that it is not the best design. I'm hoping he looks better in White and Black with Black hair (hopefully this is the 13th mystery figure).

rew97@live.com
04-10-2015, 01:02 PM
It looks like he has a newly tooled head and scarf piece so this very well could be the mystery 13th.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
04-10-2015, 01:21 PM
I just wish these were limited to 2 per attendee so that the rest of us in the club that cannot make the journey can have a chance at atleast one of each. And if there are leftovers for the club store, they too should be limited to 1 per membership so that everyone else can get one. I don't like that there are ebay listing Thursday night with 7 of each piece from one seller at about 1000% mark up over what they just paid 45 minutes prior. Just saying...........

rew97@live.com
04-10-2015, 02:05 PM
So true, scalpers are degenerates who ruin such a fun hobby for so many.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-10-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't like that there are ebay listing Thursday night with 7 of each piece from one seller at about 1000% mark up over what they just paid 45 minutes prior. Just saying...........

I saw those listings as well and thought WTF. Someone had about 10 Tiger Stings and Tiger Sharcs for sale. How can the club let someone buy more than 2 or 3? In my book anyone buying more that 2 is a scalper. I can understand purchasing 2 (1 to open and 1 to display MIB), but 5-10?!. The club is complicit in secondary market price gouging.

This is what I don't like about the recent conventions (not just GIJCC; SDCC, NYCC, etc)- they've become a huge market for scalpers and appear to have lost much of the fun associated with these events. There is no enjoyment anymore. I think the club should go back to their original convention formula- a 15 figure boxed set, an attendee item, a paradrop figure, a vehicle and any figure packs should new and unique (I have no issue with international characters being used as I am not that into those to begin with). Take this year's set. Couldn't Bazooka have been included with boxed set and Big Brawler paired with the Tiger Sting? Now I have to pay $250 if I want a TF Bazooka (maybe there will some left for the club store).

shomemo2@gmail.com
04-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Debating whether to head up there tomorrow since I live in St Louis, wonder if any Con exclusives will be left

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-10-2015, 06:35 PM
The Ebay scalper prices are devastating to me. I now totally regret buying the 15 figure box set. I am now stuck with a mere FIVE basic Tiger Force figures from the box set with no hope of purchasing the vehicle's and other figures. They are nearly twice the price I anticipated having to pay on the secondary market. I just can't do it. I was totally willing to pay $100 to $150 for the copter, $75 to $100 for each of the boat and Vamp sets, and up to $150 for the 3 pack. But I can't spend $800 dollars on some repainted toys and face my wife. Screw this whole scenario. I wish Hasbro would have released this series at retail stores where it belongs.

rew97@live.com
04-10-2015, 09:47 PM
So true, Joe fans should not have to take out a second mortage just to have complete collections.

04-11-2015, 03:53 AM
It looks like he has a newly tooled head and scarf piece so this very well could be the mystery 13th.

Pretty sure its the big bear head sculpt from FSS 2.0

04-11-2015, 03:54 AM
The Ebay scalper prices are devastating to me. I now totally regret buying the 15 figure box set. I am now stuck with a mere FIVE basic Tiger Force figures from the box set with no hope of purchasing the vehicle's and other figures. They are nearly twice the price I anticipated having to pay on the secondary market. I just can't do it. I was totally willing to pay $100 to $150 for the copter, $75 to $100 for each of the boat and Vamp sets, and up to $150 for the 3 pack. But I can't spend $800 dollars on some repainted toys and face my wife. Screw this whole scenario. I wish Hasbro would have released this series at retail stores where it belongs.

Honestly, from what I've seen, the ONLY things youre missing out on are the Dusty figure and the helicopter, and compared to normal ebay prices these arent nearly as bad. Not yet anyway.

04-11-2015, 03:56 AM
I saw those listings as well and thought WTF. Someone had about 10 Tiger Stings and Tiger Sharcs for sale. How can the club let someone buy more than 2 or 3? In my book anyone buying more that 2 is a scalper. I can understand purchasing 2 (1 to open and 1 to display MIB), but 5-10?!. The club is complicit in secondary market price gouging.

This is what I don't like about the recent conventions (not just GIJCC; SDCC, NYCC, etc)- they've become a huge market for scalpers and appear to have lost much of the fun associated with these events. There is no enjoyment anymore. I think the club should go back to their original convention formula- a 15 figure boxed set, an attendee item, a paradrop figure, a vehicle and any figure packs should new and unique (I have no issue with international characters being used as I am not that into those to begin with). Take this year's set. Couldn't Bazooka have been included with boxed set and Big Brawler paired with the Tiger Sting? Now I have to pay $250 if I want a TF Bazooka (maybe there will some left for the club store).

From what i understand, some comic book store dealers have people get extras with their money (i'm assuming) to get more than their alotted 3 so they have lots of extras to sell. Not aaying its right, just what I've been told.

04-11-2015, 04:42 AM
Correction: i could be wrong about frostbites head sculpt, upon closer inspection. Is it big bears?

rew97@live.com
04-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Correction: i could be wrong about frostbites head sculpt, upon closer inspection. Is it big bears?

No, Big Bears head was one piece with his Soviet cap, BFS even put out images of it newly sculpted and unpainted.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
04-11-2015, 09:33 AM
I'd have loved to have gotten the 12" test pilot gear, It was a big shock that it was Adventure Team in deco.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-11-2015, 10:03 AM
The con exclusives look pretty good, but it ***** that the 88 figures were not included in the box. I had to get that Frostbite though and I got Lifeline separate. Not thrilled about Skystriker's head, but I can swap it out for my custom head. $170 each on the secondary market for Bazooka and Dusty is crazy for a $10 repaint.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
04-11-2015, 11:18 AM
It's not Adventure team, it's in the 1969 Adventures of GIJoe when Hasbro was transitioning from Military to Adventure team. The non fuzz head figure and the outfit are what make this Adventures of as opposed to Adventure Team.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-11-2015, 12:22 PM
I think we should submit a petition to club for carded versions of Skystriker, Frostbite and Bazooka - Because of the usual fiasco with souvenir figures most will never have a complete ME Tiger Force Team. At least there is still hope for Roadblock, Tripwire, Ripcord and an actual Dusty.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
04-11-2015, 04:00 PM
No the add on bonus parachute and helmet were adventure team, I know the set was the adventures of, but the bonus was Adventure Team!

rew97@live.com
04-11-2015, 04:37 PM
I think we should submit a petition to club for carded versions of Skystriker, Frostbite and Bazooka - Because of the usual fiasco with souvenir figures most will never have a complete ME Tiger Force Team. At least there is still hope for Roadblock, Tripwire, Ripcord and an actual Dusty.

Great idea, but highly unlikely.

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
04-11-2015, 04:38 PM
So I won't be able to finish the Tiger Force set looking at the ebay prices for the con exclusives, why are we penalised for not being able to attend (we live in UK and so have to pay high prices for everything plus import costs) on top of which to add insult to injury I see I can buy a Dr mind bender on eBay but ours hasn't arrived yet........Minos winning here doesn't feel like those of us who are fans are the ones coming out on top.............

tkallspark@yahoo.com
04-11-2015, 05:45 PM
It's not Adventure team, it's in the 1969 Advetures of GIJoe when Hasbronwaz transitioning from Military to Adventure team. The non fizz head figure band the outfit are what make this Adventures of.

So you see what I mean.982

shomemo2@gmail.com
04-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Just got back from the con (live local), The saddest part was seeing all the con exclusives for sale on the vendor tables and sold out at the club store area.

Not much they can do though so I don't hold it against the organizers. I got the lithograph and some autographs and I'm happy with that! :)

rcmejia@gmail.com
04-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Just got back from the con (live local), The saddest part was seeing all the con exclusives for sale on the vendor tables and sold out at the club store area.

Not much they can do though so I don't hold it against the organizers. I got the lithograph and some autographs and I'm happy with that! :)
Same thing happened to me when I attended in 2011 in Orlando.

04-11-2015, 11:26 PM

I think we ahould petition for a new head for skystriker...

sf49ersphan@aol.com
04-12-2015, 11:20 AM
So you see what I mean.982

Gotcha, first mention I've seen of an add-on or bonus for the 12" stuff for the con. Sometimes they have extras for sale in the club store right after the show. Doesn't always happen, Space Jumper for example, but sometimes. Maybe they will this year.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Great idea, but highly unlikely.

How about a boxed 3-pack with the figs in a foam insert like the Flaming MOTH sets. The club would sell these immediately with no harm to the ebay scalpers as they wouldn't actually be convention exclusives.

I plan to email the club about this or hopefully they are actively reading this posting.

cdtweasel@aol.com
04-13-2015, 08:12 PM
On sunday I found out that many of the 3 packs were missing the file card for Skystriker. When I checked it turned out I too had an extra Alpine filecard, however the info booth had no more to swap out. Given that it seems to have been a problem for many people, is there any chance of the club making a new run (if there aren't extras lying around) of the skystriker file card for those who were unable to get one?

manolive@hotmail.com
04-13-2015, 10:59 PM

Sorry bro, those prices aren't even possible when attending. I paid the club $168 for the chopper, and $83 for each of the vehicle sets. Extra paint apps and flying them in jacked the price. A complete set of extras started at $600. Good news is the Tiger Hawk didn't look sold out Sunday afternoon. So hopefully if you watch the store like... Well, a Tiger Hawk, you can get one without extra markup.

jim_filo@yahoo.com
04-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Is there (and there may well already be) a thread or a listing of everything which was available at the con (figures, etc.)? Thank you All :)

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
04-14-2015, 05:08 PM
There was a the 15 fig set, Tiger sting with Bazooka, Tigershark with Filino (Dusty), Tigerhawk, 3 fig helicopter crew (Skystriker, Alpine, Frostbite), Annihilator 2 fig pack, and parachute drop fig( Iron Anvil Officer), a 6 fig Kre-o TF pack, and Dr Mindbender on card. There were card sets and lithographs as well. There are Picts of it all on the con site @ www.gijoecon.com

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-14-2015, 10:27 PM
I thought we'd get to preorder a carded Mindbender this year since were able to preorder a carded Cross Country last year.

jim_filo@yahoo.com
04-15-2015, 10:15 AM
There was a the 15 fig set, Tiger sting with Bazooka, Tigershark with Filino (Dusty), Tigerhawk, 3 fig helicopter crew (Skystriker, Alpine, Frostbite), Annihilator 2 fig pack, and parachute drop fig( Iron Anvil Officer), a 6 fig Kre-o TF pack, and Dr Mindbender on card. There were card sets and lithographs as well. There are Picts of it all on the con site @ www.gijoecon.com

Okay :) Thank you :D

wrxotic02@gmail.com
04-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Sorry bro, those prices aren't even possible when attending. I paid the club $168 for the chopper, and $83 for each of the vehicle sets. Extra paint apps and flying them in jacked the price. A complete set of extras started at $600. Good news is the Tiger Hawk didn't look sold out Sunday afternoon. So hopefully if you watch the store like... Well, a Tiger Hawk, you can get one without extra markup.

Also there was 8.25% tax on top of those prices. That's almost $14 on the chopper.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Big fan of Tiger Hawk and red/black annihilators. Not too enthused about the helicopter crew three-pack. Unnecessary figures in my book. Bazooka and Tiger Sting were okay. Could not care less about Tiger Shark and Felino.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Yep, the all-in cost of the chopper was $182. Steep, but I paid it because it was such a nice piece.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-15-2015, 11:43 AM
I thought we'd get to preorder a carded Mindbender this year since were able to preorder a carded Cross Country last year.
The club personnel at the show said carded Arctic Mindbender will be available in the online store later this year.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-15-2015, 11:44 AM
It did sell out Sunday afternoon, too.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-15-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't mind the scalpers. They are a natural market reaction to high-priced, exclusive items. Secondary markets are a reflection of healthy interest in the GI Joe brand.

manolive@hotmail.com
04-16-2015, 03:12 PM
On sunday I found out that many of the 3 packs were missing the file card for Skystriker. When I checked it turned out I too had an extra Alpine filecard, however the info booth had no more to swap out. Given that it seems to have been a problem for many people, is there any chance of the club making a new run (if there aren't extras lying around) of the skystriker file card for those who were unable to get one?

Just got home and found the same problem. Hopefully start of next week once everyone gets back to Texas and settled in we can get some solutions. If it was straight up missing I might be OK with it, MIGHT. But what am I going to do with 2 Alpine cards?

Could handle it like Sideshow Collectibles does. Send a picture with with problem(i.e. show all three file cards you have: Frostbite, Alpine, Alpine). Then they send you a new piece.

manolive@hotmail.com
04-16-2015, 03:14 PM
It did sell out Sunday afternoon, too.

Did it? We left at like 2 to grab some lunch and I thought I saw some. I guess they sold out before we got back for the drawing.

04-17-2015, 01:44 AM

They'd have to change sky strikers head if they did tripwire though... Or give tripwire a new head with a removable helmet (or both)

04-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Just got home and found the same problem. Hopefully start of next week once everyone gets back to Texas and settled in we can get some solutions. If it was straight up missing I might be OK with it, MIGHT. But what am I going to do with 2 Alpine cards?

Could handle it like Sideshow Collectibles does. Send a picture with with problem(i.e. show all three file cards you have: Frostbite, Alpine, Alpine). Then they send you a new piece.

I wonder how many were messed up... I'd be upset, not EVERYONE does file cards, but I HAVE to have them

charles.phillips@penske.com
04-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Absolutely loved Frostbite for some reason. looking to trade for another one, or find one somewhere that isn't being scalped ridiculously high. I liked all the figures really but I always do. It's a ton of fun setting up all the Tiger Force members, adding Shipwreck and Airtight from the FSS 2 and I found a Tiger Force Duke at the convention floor and got an extra TF Recondo in a trade that I slapped a Flint head and ammo belt on to make an updated Tiger Force Flint. Lot's of fun! Really wish I had an extra Fronstbite though...hard to find.

manolive@hotmail.com
04-17-2015, 11:18 PM
I wonder how many were messed up... I'd be upset, not EVERYONE does file cards, but I HAVE to have them

Yeah, I like file cards. Would rather have them than not. But I don't need them. Yet I fully understand and accept that other guys, like yourself, NEED them. That's why of the three sets I got(1 for me, 2 for other guys) I let them have the complete sets. Still, for $86($31 each after tax)? These really need to be complete. On the other hand, seems there's always some kind of disappointment from JoeCon. If this is all it is, I'll be happy. Usually it's a whole figure I'm missing :cool:

... got an extra TF Recondo in a trade that I slapped a Flint head and ammo belt on to make an updated Tiger Force Flint. Lot's of fun!

Ooo, hadn't thought about making that Flint upgrade. I might look into that. I really like the newer arms.

charles.phillips@penske.com
04-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Any ever hear of the saying 'A fool and his money are soon parted"? Well that is me. I really want an extra Frostbite to make a custom Tiger Force General Hawk. I figure that jacket is spot on so all I need is my standard Hawk head (comic pack one with Flint) ROC Destro's shoulder holster and I'm 90% done. Maybe use 25th Hawk's shoulder and collar piece to complete it. Nothing like a $70 custom that's worth about $.25 after i mutilate it.

cardensb@hotmail.com
04-19-2015, 10:46 AM
I think they look fine but I was too old to play with toys when TF theme came out so I have passed on all of it. I don't have the "luxury" funds now that we are a single income family.
I did buy a few of the collectibles from the online store - MOC Mindbender ($32), a set of cards, the print...

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-19-2015, 12:22 PM
I liked the Tomahawk (closest we'll ever get to a Dragonfly) and the Tiger Sting with Bazooka/Sgt. Katzenbogan. I see zero reason to spend nearly $100 (or more online) for a TF repaint of the Water Moccasin that I already have in three different 25th anniv. versions, alone. ESPECIALLY since the figure included with it isn't really Dusty, at all, and that Dusty figure - with head towel - will likely be created as part of a future FSS or club figure. So, no Tiger Shark for me.

The annihilator figures were okay for what they are, repaints, and I also wasn't enthused by the "helicopter crew" which consisted of one figure that was never in Tiger Force, Alpine, and two vehicle drivers.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Alpine was added to the Tiger Force in 2004 http://www.yojoe.com/action/subteams/tigerforce.shtml

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-19-2015, 02:36 PM
The 2015 Recondo doesn't really fit in with any of the other modern era TF members. Why didn't they stick to the original paint app from 1988? 1088

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-19-2015, 03:55 PM
From what I read Recondo's retail paint app that Major Gibroni showed in his post was not his originally planned paint app. The con version was what his originally planned paint app in the 80's was to look like.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-19-2015, 06:38 PM
From what I read Recondo's retail paint app that Major Gibroni showed in his post was not his originally planned paint app. The con version was what his originally planned paint app in the 80's was to look like.

That's interesting. It would be cool if somehow down the road they could release Recondo in his '88 paint app as a variant perhaps at Toys R Us or in a future FSS.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-19-2015, 06:57 PM

That's interesting. It would be cool if somehow down the road they could release Recondo in his '88 paint app as a variant perhaps at Toys R Us or in a future FSS.

Here is the info on Recondo's planned 1988 Color Scheme:

A 1988 Hasbro Sales catalog showcased a re-deco of the 1984 Recondo action figure in Tiger Force colors.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Yeah, if it didn't happen in the original run of the toys then it didn't happen, to me. Non-canon, as they say.
Alpine was added to the Tiger Force in 2004 http://www.yojoe.com/action/subteams/tigerforce.shtml