PDA

View Full Version : 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set - 5th Figure Preview!

Commander_Lane
02-17-2015, 09:30 AM

The Undertow are part of the Naval branch of Destro's Iron Grenadiers army. They perform acts of espionage and sabotage, in order to generate business for the M.A.R.S. (Military Armaments Research Systems) Corporation. These elite frogmen are specially trained and led into battle by the Undertow Officer.

Visit the official 2015 GIJoeCon (http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/) website to check out the new female Iron Grenadier: Undertow Commander included in this year's 3 3/4-inch box set!

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
02-17-2015, 09:43 AM
Was hoping for an updated original colored undertow :( looks nice, however

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
02-17-2015, 10:23 AM
In my opinion the Undertow Officer get Bonus points as far as Favorable Draw goes.

science_mrk@yahoo.com
02-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Would like to see her without the mask. Still not overly impressed.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
02-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Pleasantly surprised by undertow officer.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Great new female Cobra character. Can't wait to see the headsculpt. They should tie the character to Mara from the cartoon.

julestobin@gmail.com
02-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Finally! A female character from the G.I.JOE UNIVERSE we can all count on!!! Definitely should have revealed this one in the 80's!! Hurrah! for this one!

rjbarnhart@zoominternet.net
02-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Nice surprise from the Club. I like her.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
02-17-2015, 02:23 PM
I approve. Normally I would be underwhelmed from the antiquated 25th tooling; especially the Scarlett mold which has the awful knees and wide groin that pushes the legs outward, but in this case I can overlook it because this is perhaps the best tooling available for a female diver. The colors also help conceal the flaws. While nothing spectacular in terms of creativity, it never-the-less gets the job done---and it's a female to boot, so that helps diversify the IG personnel.

As others stated, I would like to see pics of her and the other Undertows without the masks.

I do have a question, are those the DVD pack Baroness feet that have the attached fins, or are they removable?

02-17-2015, 03:04 PM
I wondered if they were attached as well as the feet look pretty small to be removable... Could just be the picture though

ozcouple@live.com
02-17-2015, 03:56 PM
I agree that the outstanding paint aps do a nice job of disguising the 25th parts' flaws.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Another cool thing about it is it continues a trend of having actual officers play roles in the IG corps. Similar to Sgt. Major Duncan this officer is a singular, identified officer in the Undertow Corps of the IG.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Can someone explain to me the significance of the mask having only one eye-hole? Has Destro purposely blinded all Undertow members in the left eye?

rew97@live.com
02-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Can someone explain to me the significance of the mask having only one eye-hole? Has Destro purposely blinded all Undertow members in the left eye?

This is Destro we are talking about, he likely invented the mask so one eye has radar, GPS or a couple other things that could help them complete their task.

rew97@live.com
02-17-2015, 08:12 PM
I do have a question, are those the DVD pack Baroness feet that have the attached fins, or are they removable?[/QUOTE]

I just read on TNI the fins are in fact removable.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
02-17-2015, 09:12 PM
I do have a question, are those the DVD pack Baroness feet that have the attached fins, or are they removable?

I just read on TNI the fins are in fact removable.

Excellent!

justin@generalsjoes.com
02-18-2015, 08:16 PM
I admit, I'm not especially wild about this one. I'd be happy if the majority of the 25th Anniversary tooling was retired, it just does not fit in with the more modern looking figures. I think a dive suit look could be approximated pretty well with the Resolute Scarlett/FSS Jinx tooling, and look a lot more in line with the rest of the set.

I am interested to see what's under the mask as well, but the 25th Anniversary Scarlett (or DVD Pack Baroness, whichever you choose) just does not stand the test of time, in my opinion.

scdenny74@hotmail.com
02-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Love the female addition crew- I think you could hit it out of the part if you make her in the vintage color scheme....

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Honest question, now that we've seen Undertow Officer unmasked, is this the first ever African American Female figure?

04-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Honest question, now that we've seen Undertow Officer unmasked, is this the first ever African American Female figure?

I was wondering the same thing

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-01-2015, 08:06 PM

I was wondering the same thing

and the Answer is NO
G.I.Joe Doc (File name Dr. Carla Greer) from the 2007 Tanks for the Memories Con Set was the first African American Female figure

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-01-2015, 08:38 PM
I didn't think so but I couldn't remember.

On a side note, in my digging I did find that Freestyle (from the night force convention two pack w/Chuckles) is from the Dominican Republic, so UTO may not even be the 2nd either.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-01-2015, 08:42 PM
I didn't think so but I couldn't remember.

On a side note, in my digging I did find that Freestyle (from the night force convention two pack w/Chuckles) is from the Dominican Republic, so UTO may not even be the 2nd either.
I almost think of Freestyle as Hispanic But figure that the Undertow Officer is the 2nd or 3rd African American female figure released by either Hasbro or the Club.