PDA

View Full Version : FSS 3.0 SPOILER Thread

manolive@hotmail.com
01-19-2015, 10:07 PM
I figure this should give us a place to talk about the figures once we have them and not worry too much about people getting the fun of the surprise ruined for them.

So, Repeater...um, what can I say but AWESOME!!! This guy looks about as perfect as I can ask for. Although I would have preferred the big gun and stabilizer arm. But that's easily overlooked cause the figure is just so cool looking!

Psyche Out? He does look good. Can't imagine him being any better to be honest. But I also didn't really care much for him either way. I figure there are 3 different kinds of figures in these FSS sets:
1. YES!
2. OK, cool.
3. What?

Psyche Out was an "OK, cool." figure for me. Like I said, he does look great. I just don't know if I'll ever open him.

rew97@live.com
01-20-2015, 04:04 AM
I am happy to have both figures, but am suprised the club started out with two Joes. I very much hope a Cobra member is in the shipment that is supposed to go out next week (SLICE!!!!). Also as I pointed out in another thread the quality control on these first two figures is outstanding, hope that continues.

julestobin@gmail.com
01-20-2015, 05:04 AM
I figure this should give us a place to talk about the figures once we have them and not worry too much about people getting the fun of the surprise ruined for them.

It doen't matter to me what comes first or last... It was the CLUBS request that first getters wouldn't BLAHB.. but I'd rather know 2 weeks ahead of time or as soon as possible before I get mine. For quality issues such as final product appearance,color etc... I think thats a little more important then surprising myself with something I've already purchased. I also think the BONUS FIGURE should be revealed half way through the shipment....albeit rather would like to see it a variant of one of the more common figures. PENNY,SPL.COLORED or otherwise...

kelty11@verizon.net
01-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Psyche- Out is fantastic - I think it is much better than the NF version.

I thought I would hate Repeater without his Stedi-Cam gun, but the SAW Machine gun fits the character perfectly.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-20-2015, 02:21 PM
These two are both repaints/redos of their Night Force and Mission Brazil counterparts. Mission Brazil Repeater has the bigger gun and is my favorite of the two. Regular Psyche Out, however, is leaps and bounds better than his Night Force counterpart due to the better paint job and accessories.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-20-2015, 04:24 PM
There wasn't A Mission Brazil Repeater my man. They were both Night Force. But you're right about Psyche Out, this version is much cooler.

rcmejia@gmail.com
01-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Psyche- Out is fantastic - I think it is much better than the NF version.

I thought I would hate Repeater without his Stedi-Cam gun, but the SAW Machine gun fits the character perfectly.

Maybe repeater could be fitted with an m60 heavy machine gun but I guess they chose the m249 because of the high rate of fire.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-20-2015, 09:46 PM
There wasn't A Mission Brazil Repeater my man. They were both Night Force. But you're right about Psyche Out, this version is much cooler.
Oops, sorry, NF Repeater.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Wave 2 is really great as well. I won't spoil it for those who have not received theirs yet.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Agreed, 100%!!

rcmejia@gmail.com
02-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Love to receive those little brown boxes

firebaseryan@comcast.net
02-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Me too. Came home this morning after 3 days at work and was happy to see the wave 2 FSS figures. Great figures again.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-18-2015, 01:12 PM
It's really cool to finally have Slice and Dice in the modern style. Bring on more Ninja Force.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
02-21-2015, 07:29 PM
Very disappointed in Spearhead and Max. And I don't necessarily blame the Club for this. I blame the people who cannot; for whatever reason, allow this line to evolve. Always "more of the same", always vintage throwbacks, never evolution. Well you know what? It ain't 1988 anymore. This was not a subtle brightening of the brown or making it burnt umber, it is blatant orange! He has no tactical value at all in the field. And a pointman at that! And what happened to Max? His mock up colors were perfect, but he too is now tiger orange. Why were his colors changed? I was more excited for this new Max to have improved aesthetics over his NF version, but not now. From now on I really think we need to see the actual finished product after any tweaks are made, because this is not the figure I paid for, and Spearhead and Max were only a handful of characters that I bought this set for.

I really think the pro-orange folks got this one wrong. There was nothing wrong with the Club's original deco for SH and Max. The Club had a perfect balance between a practical update, and maintaining the spirit of the original---but improving it. They tried to make him more realistic and tactical because no one in their right mind would wear neon orange in combat, but the fanatical adherence to a bad idea, even vintage; really dumbed this modern era figure down. At least in my opinion.

*ADDENDUM* There seems to be variations of paint on these, especially on Max's deco.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
02-22-2015, 01:37 AM
I'm the spirit of looking like the original, I like it, but the dark spots looked awesome in the mock up... I always thought that nostalgia was a huge part of these figures, especially the ones re done as ME figures... I know I always liked the fact that I was looking at a away better version of figures I adored as a kid... Just my opinion though, but I always thought for some, not all maybe, they were nostalgic remarks with a modern twist, not out and out completely new, though I do agree on the bright orange.

rew97@live.com
02-23-2015, 08:56 PM
I have no problem with the colors for Spearhead, but is Max supposed to be so tilted?

kelty11@verizon.net
02-24-2015, 07:40 AM
I think Spearhead is a good figure. You have to remember that he was created in 1988 during the opening phase of joes with neon camo. Desert Storm or Digital camo might have looked better but what we got was great. Max looks like he was run over by a HISS Tank.

Vypra is kind of Meh!!. Camo would have been preferable.

Spearhead: B+
Vypra B

rjhiii@sover.net
02-24-2015, 09:32 AM
I like Vypra and am glad they did not go with the original horrible camo pattern from the TRU exclusive. That said, I thought after all the arguing that a rust orange was going to be used as a compromise on Spearhead, a duller darker shade that was half way between the original club mock up and the original orange. Oh well, the kids won't notice to much and I bet he ends up being a "desert trooper" again like the original O-ring became for my sister and I.

rew97@live.com
02-24-2015, 10:42 AM
I like the parts selection for Vypra's legs, much better looking than Jinx and much easier to stand.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
02-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Yep. I'm Happy with both of these figures.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
02-24-2015, 02:04 PM
I like Vypra and am glad they did not go with the original horrible camo pattern from the TRU exclusive. That said, I thought after all the arguing that a rust orange was going to be used as a compromise on Spearhead, a duller darker shade that was half way between the original club mock up and the original orange. Oh well, the kids won't notice to much and I bet he ends up being a "desert trooper" again like the original O-ring became for my sister and I.

But is this not hypocritical for those who championed a change to Spearhead’s deco? People complained that originally his orange was changed to brown; and that was a betrayal of the original figure, yet where was all the rage when Vypra was also changed from her original incarnation by not having any camo?

manolive@hotmail.com
02-24-2015, 09:13 PM
But is this not hypocritical for those who championed a change to Spearhead’s deco? People complained that originally his orange was changed to brown; and that was a betrayal of the original figure, yet where was all the rage when Vypra was also changed from her original incarnation by not having any camo?

Easy, Vypra came out in 1998. After the "rebirth" era as it were. That wasn't our childhood. We really didn't care that much. I would have preferred the camo myself. But the club stated it would've raised the cost. I mean, we are getting 5 figures with camo already.

As for Spearhead, I think you forget just how bright the original was http://www.yojoe.com/action/88/spearhead.shtml

If this was a Pursuit Of Cobra release I agree that the 1st preview in brown would be better. However, that's not what this is. It's an attempt to take vintage figures and recreate them in the modern style. Not update them. I think this is a nice compromise.

Max on the other hand looks like a freaking creamsicle. LOL. I thought the preview was perfect. This version is just unusable.

In terms of what we saw and what we got I'm a little disappointed in Vypra. The paint for the face looks weird. Feels like a cheap knockoff. I just compared it to my Retaliation Jinx and I think it's cause the eyes are too small. Thus it puts things out of proportion and makes it seem strange. But since she was in my 3rd category(see beginning of this thread) I'm fine with her. She can sit in the box next to TNT and Bombardier.

manolive@hotmail.com
02-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Wave 2 is really great as well. I won't spoil it for those who have not received theirs yet.

I just realized what's wrong with this post. This thread is called "FSS 3.0 SPOILER Thread" You're SUPPOSED to come in here and talk about them. If someone doesn't want to be spoiled they were given a fair warning before they came in, lol.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-25-2015, 07:57 AM

No, I wanted both changed from the original, and yes there was a vocal group trying to change Vypra to that awful looking smudged camo. They however, chose their battles as first changing the third modern Hit and Run, and Spearhead with the orange. Vypra was down the list because they also wanted to change the NCL to the Orange Tiger stripe and Alpine version 2. The tantrum on Hit and Run and Spearhead were the squeaky wheels so to speak and saw the changes. I thought the compromise color was going to be the final say, but I guess the more orange folks won out. As I said, I am happy to have these figures even offered, so no real complaints just an observation that Spearhead will best fit in on a desert setting.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
03-16-2015, 06:45 PM
i will admit... i was very skeptical about Hit and Run once i heard about the green skin camo, but i am pleasantly surprised at how the skin still retains its skin tone, while also having a green hue to it. on both the arms and the face. and the face camo is fantastic. one of my favorite figures of FSS 3.0.

ericfu13@hotmail.com
03-16-2015, 09:56 PM
For what I wanted, Hit & Run turned out perfect! The original mock up the Club showed was too flesh toned; then when they fixed the color he seemed too far from the concept case version they wanted to replicate. I'm so happy with how he ultimately turned out. Club, thanks for listening.

kelty11@verizon.net
03-17-2015, 09:52 AM
I agree Hit and Run is spectacular. Much better than that what was initially shown.

Alpine is also very cool. Not 1985 Alpine cool, but a great update to the new-sculpt line.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
03-17-2015, 12:11 PM
I am very pleased with both figures. The paint applications on Hit & Run turned out quite good and Alpine looks so much better than the original figure he was modeled after. Did anyone else notice that Hit & Run has Luke Skywalkers hands? They are identical to VC87 Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber Construction). 937938939

dgarlit@gmail.com
03-17-2015, 12:12 PM
I'll echo what others have said, Hit & Run is just fantastic. WELL DONE. Really digging Alpine too. Nice use of those Kwinn legs. My favorite shipment so far and really makes me happy I signed up.

rew97@live.com
05-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Bombstrike is awesome, hats off to BFS for the terrific head sculpt.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Bombstrike is awesome, hats off to BFS for the terrific head sculpt.

I think Bombstrike is one of the best FFS4 figures released. She looks much better than the concept figure. Love the card art- she kind of looks like Meg Ryan.

NCL- What can say? Not that bad; colors are darker than I thought; maybe we'll see NCL in black/ orange or gray/purple sometime in the future.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Got removed but I'm going to try it again

boudro72@yahoo.com
05-06-2015, 09:19 PM
I dont really care for NCL...........but I dont care for any of the figures that are half naked......

julestobin@gmail.com
05-08-2015, 07:37 PM
I thought NCL turned out 'Vintage Perfect'! Eveb if his WEB GEAR was molded to the rest of the body, it still won't make any difference! And feel BOMBSTRIKE is just as fascinating as her old figure.

05-08-2015, 08:28 PM
i'm impressed with how Bombstrike looks.
i'm disappointed with the limited articulation in the elbows.

overall she's a decent update to a vintage figure, but to be honest, i initially thought the club would use FSS 1.0 Jynx upper torso with 50th Lady Jaye lower torso, with maybe 25th dvd 5 pack Lady Jaye legs and 25th Toys R Us Dial Tone (Jill) arms for a more vintage accurate look. don't get me wrong. i really like the new look. i just think that Renegades Scarlett torso is a bit overused.

rew97@live.com
05-08-2015, 09:23 PM
i'm impressed with how Bombstrike looks.
i'm disappointed with the limited articulation in the elbows.

overall she's a decent update to a vintage figure, but to be honest, i initially thought the club would use FSS 1.0 Jynx upper torso with 50th Lady Jaye lower torso, with maybe 25th dvd 5 pack Lady Jaye legs and 25th Toys R Us Dial Tone (Jill) arms for a more vintage accurate look. don't get me wrong. i really like the new look. i just think that Renegades Scarlett torso is a bit overused.

Your right, the Jinx FSS 1 upper torso would have been a great choice for Bombstrike. Bombstrike is still a great figure but some of the part selections did leave me a bit puzzled.

jimsnow70@aol.com
05-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Got both figures in last week and so far this has been the best FSS to date. Bombstrike is the best in this series, although that Renegades Scarlett torso has been overused and a new torso should be tooled for the ladies. NCL is ok, but had too many flaws that could have been easily corrected. I heated up his web gear with a hair dryer, so now it sits on his shoulders where it should be. The skullcap paint should have been to his eyebrows for the blindfold to look like the original v2 NCL, or at least have a blindfold that was thicker in the front to rise up higher and meet the paint line. Looking forward to getting Big Ben, CGI and the 13th figure.

julestobin@gmail.com
05-10-2015, 08:17 PM
I do think he could use a thicker blindfold...but am now searching for an exact color RIBBON/CLOTH I can use to make ALL the NINJAS more retro and and stylish! G.I.JOE...If your out there... Please help me find the RIBBONS I need to give the NINJAS STYLE AGAIN... Do you hear me G.I.JOE.....I need at least some ribbons... .. .

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-27-2015, 09:07 AM
Has anyone received their Crimson Guard Immortal/mystery figure yet?

rew97@live.com
05-27-2015, 10:33 AM
No, they have not shipped yet.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
05-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Got mine today. Spoilers!!! The mystery figure is.............

Should I post it or not?

Review of the other two:

Big Ben-nice figure, but his ammo belts and TNT pack cover his backpack hole, and since they're so bulky, his backpack sticks out a little too much.

CG Immortal-the rifle is very flimsy. At first I thought the barrel was going to break off. He has a random extra missile that can't go anywhere except on the ground or on his figure stand. Also, his armored vest is so big you can't move his head much. Otherwise, nice figure.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
05-29-2015, 10:36 AM
My review of the mystery figure (without spoiling the name):

Nice figure, but I wasn't too surprised. Should've shipped them before the convention to keep it more of a surprise. Also, From the hype the club gave last year, I think it should've been a more awesome, in-demand character. Don't hype the mystery figure so much if it's not going to live up to its reputation!

But, again, nice figure. I know a lot of people wanted this character and this version of this character, so it shouldn't disappoint as many people as Grand Slam did last year. Here's hoping for an awesome mystery figure next year that surpasses all other figures we've had so far! (Sorry for the hype!)

This figure has a good sculpt, good weapons, good paint, etc. Not disappointed with the figure by any means, just disappointed with the amount of hype for this particular figure...

kelty11@verizon.net
05-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Mystery Figure (don't want to spoil it for anyone)- Fantastic and much-needed. Thanks GIJCC.

Big Ben and Crimson Guard Immortal are fantastic - I wonder if it was the club's intention to ship two 1991 figures together? If yes, then I love it.

rew97@live.com
05-29-2015, 12:06 PM
This thread does have the word "spoiler" in it, having said that everybody enjoy their new Frostbite figures.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
OK, the ball's been dropped! I didn't want to be the first to say the F word (Frostbite), so...that being said, I wasn't too surprised, seeing as how the only TF figure that didn't have his original figure produced was Frostbite...we either should've gotten him before the con or something. But enough of my rants, it is a great figure.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
05-30-2015, 08:25 AM
I just seen it, and gotta say I love it, Great job by the club, another classic completed.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-30-2015, 10:28 AM
With Frostbite I'm pretty sure that 1985 in ME style is complete. Although I can't seem to remember if a Heavy Metal figure was released. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
05-30-2015, 10:50 AM
With Frostbite I'm pretty sure that 1985 in ME style is complete. Although I can't seem to remember if a Heavy Metal figure was released. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I consider this Heavy Metal. The name is wrong, but the figure looks perfect.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/rampage3.shtml

1985 is still technically not done, but I don't think we need this one...
http://www.yojoe.com/action/85/tripwire2.shtml

05-30-2015, 11:13 AM
my review of shipment 6:

Big Ben: looks great (both parts and paint), articulates great, head mold: fantastic! though i did have to remove the ammo belts and flip them around several different ways before they fit properly. i'm a little disappointed that the ammo belts didn't match the M60. the M60 should always come with the long ammo belt that was wrapped around Spearhead. the small "webgear" ammo belts should always be paired with the Retaliation Roadblock M249, or the convention SAW Viper's machine gun, due to size of the ammo box strapped to the those two machine guns. i am seriously considering wrapping two of the larger ammo belts around him, but i do have a spare SAW Viper machine gun from the old DTC SAW Vipers. it's just that the M60 feels better with the scope, and it's look is closer to the original WW2 BAR that the O-ring Big Ben shipped with.

Crimson Guard Immortal: looks: good, but not great. the forearms feel awkward/y large next to the short upper arms, and the upper legs don't match the colour of the rest of the figure, but the legs are good parts choices. the vest turned out more grey than the silver i was expecting from the mockup. the rifle and missile launcher feel right, as the missile launcher was the original accessory for the Oring figure. i just don't like the flag. for some reason i've never liked flags with my Joes. i'm tempted to sell him, but maybe he'll grow on me.

Frostbite: there's so much to love and at the same time so much to hate! the head sculpt is one of the best i've ever seen. and so is the fur draped over his shoulders is A+, as is his belt. the parts choices are amazing. but then the base figure is just lazily molded in white. gives me flashbacks to the original hit and run, where the face and hands were lazily molded in green. the paint on the head and fur are so great, that the molded white everything else is just so... bland. forgettable. i am soooo tempted to paint his coat aviator brown and his pants olive drab, with black gloves and boots, just so he'll fit in better with my mostly jungle themed Joe army.the head and fur are just so good that i don't want to sell him like i originally planned.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-30-2015, 02:06 PM

Released as Rampage with the ROC Rhino I believe.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-31-2015, 11:07 AM
I consider this Heavy Metal. The name is wrong, but the figure looks perfect.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/rampage3.shtml

1985 is still technically not done, but I don't think we need this one...
http://www.yojoe.com/action/85/tripwire2.shtml

Thanks for the info. That's a great looking figure. I don't remember seeing that at Target in 2009/10 - EVER!. It definitely needs to re-issued by Hasbro. As for orange Tripwire - maybe the club could release him as an opponent for the Inferno BAT.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
05-31-2015, 11:54 AM
LKelty..Only if they give us the Evil twin of Super Trooper.....Rapid-Fire.

krob73@yahoo.com
06-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Frostbite is fantastic! One of my favorites as a kid, (maybe it was the scope on the M16), and this version is great! The next FSS has me whelmed. Not a lot of characters I care about, but the nagging feeling I'm going to miss another great mystery figure has me considering it.

For FSS 5.0, I would prefer the Club move to new characters and POC style updates to the 82-86 figures.