View Full Version : Thank you GI Joe Club for the newist issue of your magazine

11-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm a relativily new GI Joe Club member- having rejoined in 2009. I think I had some GI Joe club membership when I was a kid but I really don't remember...I may have just had a subscribtion to the GI joe magazine...

Either way- this has been my MO for when I get the magazine...tear it open, flip through it, toss it in the garbage...no feeling of need to keep it for a reference or add to my vast collection.

Until this month's issue. Even my wife looked at me and said- you're reading this one? It was great reading the back story to the GI Jeff show that was on Community Last Spring- a very interesting read.

It's hard when most everything in the magazine has already been on the web, or reviews on here or other venues...and the club magazine hasnt ever show me something that I was interested in...they do a GREAT job with what they have- don't get me wrong. The whole interweb invention upskirts them everytime...except when showing us the awsome new figures with the sub coming- love Big Ben.

I am happy to see reviews of the new club figures- I'm very glad I signed up this time (finally finacianally stable) but that's been about it...

Wish they would do a collectors spot light each month- even a monthy vintage Blue Print on a page would be cool. Or even a page with a montly figure review covering any figure from the early days...would be easy to get the material for a the magazine and we would love a new way to show off our collection- even a short story as to what and why we collect- I would love to read about other member collections and hobbies

Let's see what happens in the future...but for this month I was satisfied for the first time in 5 years and I thank them.

So again, Thank you Brian and the rest of the command staff, thank you

11-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Club previews?

Of the annual exclusive offerings?

What are they?

11-03-2014, 12:20 AM
I have to agree, that this months magazine was a special surprise. I'm always happy to get the club mag. in the mail; but I usually skim through it, looking for tidbits of news. This time, I sat down and read it from cover to cover. (I know it's not like it's an encyclopedia) I thoroughly enjoyed the interviews. It was a fun read.

11-03-2014, 08:27 AM
It was a differnt issue. Break away from ordinary.

11-03-2014, 08:47 AM
I agree, this was a stand- out issue. As much as I love the comic strips I miss the plethora of article, previews, reviews and behind the scenes features that used to comprise a majority of the magazine. I would be willing to pay $10 to $15 per year for a longer newsletter.