PDA

View Full Version : The 14th original Joe

rjhiii@sover.net
10-28-2014, 02:18 PM
How many of us want to see a ME version of Shooter (besides me)? I think the retaliation Lady Jaye head would work well. Besides we have gotten Kwinn and Dr. Venom and a few others why not Shooter?

rjhiii@sover.net
10-28-2014, 02:26 PM
She was a green shirt like Zap, Grunt, Clutch, Steeler, etc. and was initially inserted as a joke for the editor "Jim Shooter" I believe, but since she was in the first issue, she should get her own figure!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
10-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Shooter is a she?

I think I see a beard under that person's hand.

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_specific_item.php?kind=figure&alpha=S&page=16&id=11669

rjhiii@sover.net
10-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Shooter started out as an inside joke and quickly became a female character for whatever reason. That original pic that is obscured was based on the editor whose last name was shooter, but it was covered enough that they "morphed" the character into a female. So it could be a beard, or "shadowing" by the artist or a ski mask...hahahahaha

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
10-28-2014, 03:34 PM
I think the inclusion of a female sniper character is interesting. Gives Lowlight someone to flirt with when he's not killing things 3 miles away.

Or someone to compete with because she can kill things at 4.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
10-28-2014, 03:54 PM
I would like to see a Modern Era Shooter, as well as a modern era Sparks.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-28-2014, 04:22 PM
So poking around the internet I found these:

Shooter is a G.I. Joe character from the A Real American Hero comics continuity.
Codename: Shooter
File Name: Sergeant Jodie Craig
Military information: Grade E-7
Service branch: US Army
Organizational information
Factions: G.I. Joe Team
Primary Specialty: Marksmanship Instructor
Secondary Specialty: Artillery
Birthplace: Fort Benning, Georgia

Shooter's expertise with long-range sniper rifles is the result of her obsession with accuracy and competition from a long family tradition. Her father was a Marksman Instructor at the first U.S. Sniper school in Camp Perry, OH and a 3 time Olympic medalist. Shooter, following in her father's footsteps is also a 3 time gold medalist in Olympic shooting events. Shooter joined the Army to prove herself to her father and her peers who believed that she could never become a top military marksman. She is familiar with all NATO and Warsaw Pact light and heavy machine guns and all NATO long range sniper rifle. Graduated: Advanced Marksmanship Training (Top of Class) at Fort Benning. Specialized: Covert Ops School. Shooter is the only member of the GI Joe team that was required to go through both Navy SEAL and RANGER school training by General Flagg. It was said the General wanted to see how tough she was, not just physically, but mentally as well.

"Shooter is so accurate that she could pick a tick off a deer at 300 yards with a sniper rifle, or land an artillery shell through a vent port of a moving tank. In golfing terms, every shot she takes is an Ace or a hole-in-one. She is that good"

===
Codename: Shooter
File Name: Sergeant Jodie Craig
Service branch: US Army
Factions: G.I. Joe Team

Shooter is the codename for the G.I. Joe team's original sniper. Shooter was killed in action during the events of G.I. Joe: Declassified, which took place within the first issue of the Marvel Comics series. A Real American Hero comics continuity - Devil's Due
Even though the Joes had seen sometimes Sergeant Craig, a cadre non-commissioned officer at the chaplain's assistant school, they didn't know she also was Shooter, a secret member of their own team. General Flagg and Sparks sent her to help Rock 'n Roll, Stalker and Steeler in Sierra Gordo. Captain Brad Ambruster transported her from New Jersey to Cuba, where she boarded an helicopter piloted by William Hardy that left her at Sierra Gordo with her orders. There, she remained hidden shooting many soldiers who tried to kill the Joes. She then shot a prisoner Stalker was carrying to allow them escape, since Stalker would never leave the prisoner behind.
Weeks later, during Operation: Lady Doomsday, Shooter had to get rid of the Cobra Troopers who tried to shoot the Joes' escape helicopter, but she blew her cover when she saw Cobra was using civilians as ammo-bearers. Thanks to her, the ammo-bearers could escape, but the Cobra Troopers greatly outnumbering her killed Shooter.

===
SHOOTER
Shooter was mentioned in the very first issue of G.I. Joe--there’s a panel of the name and mug shots of every original Joe team member. Shooter’s mentioned but her face is obscured. This was originally writer Larry Hama’s in-joke to then-Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter.

When Hama wrote G.I. Joe: Declassified over 20 years later, readers saw Shooter for the first time--a very clever and creative way to turn an in-joke into something more. Shooter was so deep undercover, many Joes didn’t even know she existed. Her cover was a non-commissioned officer at the chaplain’s assistants school. Her many honors include a Purple Heart, a Bronze Star, the Air Medal, a Combat Infantryman’s Badge, as well as an Expert Rifleman’s Badge. In her spare time, she worked with disabled children. Shooter was the sniper who saved Stalker’s unit in Sierra Gordo.

Memorable Moment: Dying at the conclusion of the “Lady Doomsday” mission.

First appearance: (name mentioned and face obscured): G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #1 (Marvel); (first full appearance): G.I. Joe: Declassified #1 (Devil’s Due).

ozcouple@live.com
10-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Here 's mine!

rjhiii@sover.net
10-29-2014, 07:18 AM
I want Hasbro to produce the figure that looks like the first picture of her, with most of the POC lowlight acessories and a camo covering- either grass or like the custom above for desert cover. Ideally, a female form Green shirt- not sure whose body would work best, but I am thinking Sparta/Covergirl, and maybe one of the 25th green shirt upper arms and Lady Jaye lower arms for the simplicity, a Retaliation lady Jaye cast in a darker skin tone.

rjhiii@sover.net
11-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Shooter would be a good candidate for and FSS -hint, hint, hint

dgarlit@gmail.com
11-04-2014, 10:50 AM
An ME shooter would be amazing, either for FSS or as a club figure. I, like many, am always looking for more female figures.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
11-04-2014, 12:07 PM
An ME shooter would be amazing, either for FSS or as a club figure. I, like many, am always looking for more female figures.

Me too/ Not many female Characters really for either Side.

rjhiii@sover.net
11-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Or what about an original 15 Convention Set with an alternative Cobra original 15 (first 15 Cobra's produced 82/83-84) set?
GI Joe-------------------------- Cobra
Shooter-------------------------- Cobra Comander
Scarlet-------------------------- Cobra Officer
Stalker-------------------------- Destro
Snake Eyes-------------------------- Baroness (so she can actually sit all the ME's so far just have a hard time going into a seated position)
Lt. Hawk-------------------------- Major Bludd
Grunt -------------------------- Storm Shadow
Rock n Roll -------------------------- Firefly
Flash -------------------------- Viper Pilot
Grand Slam -------------------------- HISS Driver
Zap-------------------------- Scrap Iron
Steeler-------------------------- Copper Head
Clutch-------------------------- Wild Weasel
Breaker-------------------------- Dr. Venom
Short Fuze-------------------------- Zartan (color changing skin)
General Flagg-------------------------- Stinger Driver

To make this unique a slight repaint to the Joes, more accessories, minor retooling etc. For the Cobra's the same as the Joes, but give some unmasked(second head sculpts for Wild Weasel, Copper Head, Scrap Iron, etc.

2 pack would be two female green shirts, 3 pack would be 3 male green shirts on the Joes side. For Cobra two pack would be one female soldier/blue shirt and one cobra female officer/blue shirt, the three pack would be three blue shirts (the officer would be in the original 15)

The sets would cost less to produce as most of the molds have been done in the modern era and release Joe and Cobra play sets not previously updated for the ME (Jump Jet Pack, MMS (for GI Joe), HAL and on Cobra Missle Command Center in plastic ?

We could be able to order 1 set for 2/3rds the normal price, or we could order both for the regular amount. Makes it a bonus year for sure, and since I would be one of those willing to buy both they would actually make more off from me. They might get those that just collect Cobra to buy the Cobra set, or those that just collect Joes to buy the Joe set.

The best part is Shooter would join the original team, we would get General Flagg and they could re-release their exclusive Dr. Venom AT figure for those that missed out the first time around. Thoughts?

rjhiii@sover.net
11-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Interesting find on the internet- a custom Shooter File card

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
11-13-2014, 09:05 PM
I like the idea of adding this figure to the original 14 line-up! I hope the club will consider this character when looking for the opportunity to do something fresh and original.

rcmejia@gmail.com
11-14-2014, 05:52 AM
She was a green shirt like Zap, Grunt, Clutch, Steeler, etc. and was initially inserted as a joke for the editor "Jim Shooter" I believe, but since she was in the first issue, she should get her own figure!

On that comic strip
Grunt,steeler and short fuse have the same face.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-29-2015, 09:22 AM
Just commissioned a Custom of Shooter. As you can see the Retaliation Lady Jaye Head does work PERFECTLY for Shooter. To the club... hint, hint...

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
06-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Need a stand? I can make you one :)

kelty11@verizon.net
06-29-2015, 11:54 AM
I think the inclusion of a female sniper character is interesting. Gives Lowlight someone to flirt with when he's not killing things 3 miles away.

Or someone to compete with because she can kill things at 4.

This Made my day :) So funny!

rew97@live.com
06-29-2015, 01:41 PM
I would like to see a Modern Era Shooter, as well as a modern era Sparks.

I very much second that, and make Gen. Flagg as well.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-29-2015, 02:39 PM
I'd love to have a Shooter figure.

axonrey@gmail.com
06-30-2015, 07:03 AM

Coincidentally, I just whipped up a Shooter last week. Not as good as the others on here, but it'll do in a pinch (it actually started as someone else, but I found better option and repurposed). I'm not a fan of the Lady Jaye head sculpt, so I went with the hair down version.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Nice, he other option could have been the Pilot Scarlet hair up and a dress uniform, but that would take a lot more effort and time...lol!

rjhiii@sover.net
06-22-2016, 09:26 AM
Finally !!!! Shooter is coming this fall!!!! Now for Cool Breeze...