PDA

View Full Version : IDW Convention Set

krob73@yahoo.com
10-21-2014, 08:20 AM
I read the Club newsletter last night and had a compulsion to answer the call for ideas for Con Sets. The 1st thing that sprang to mind was all of the untapped IDW Comics ideas and stories. Why not create figures and sets around these great comics?

G.I. Joe: Cobra Set
Chuckles, Ronin, Chameleon, Tomax, Xamot, Jinx, Baroness, Scoop, Serpentor and the Coil Troops, Croc Master, Big Boa (IDW style)

G.I. Joe IDW Set
Updated Trip-wire, Copperback, Helix, Captain Vicuna, Brainstorm, Dial-Tone (female), Krake and trainees, Blacklight, Error 404, The Mad Monk, Updated Mainframe, updated Crystal Ball, Updated Headman, Urso

Hearts and Minds Set
All 10 Characters from the mini series, with updated looks: Major Blood, Spirit, Firefly, Tripwire, Interrogator, Deep Six, Dr. Mindbender, Doc, Cobra Recruits, Blowtorch

What other Con Sets could be done?

fostereben@gmail.com
10-21-2014, 11:36 AM
I still want to see Tiger Force done very much so. Also an updated battle force 2000 found be fantastic.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
10-21-2014, 12:21 PM
I too would like to see Tiger Force, Star Brigade, Battle Force 2000, and even an Action Force Based set. Against a regular Cobra army would be good too.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
10-21-2014, 01:19 PM
If they're asking for ideas for Con Sets,

12" Adventure Team: The Ruins of Agartha. Includes a super-vintage Land Adventurer, and a bad guy henchman. Assorted pieces of pottery, statues, jewels, an Adventure Team crate, a Bad Guy crate, and an updated Sample Analyzer.

Agartha is the mythical place that exists in Hollow Earth. The Adventure Team has found it, but the bad guys are not far behind, and they want the treasures for the money, the Adventure Team wants them to study, and eventually, be de-classified and put in a museum.

bmoney@cimtel.net
10-21-2014, 07:59 PM
i would like red shadows and action force , or maybe civilian charactors from the show and comics , or more zombies (zombified joes ans scientist etc.)

rjhiii@sover.net
09-11-2016, 08:56 AM
It is amazing looking back how many BF 2000 and Red Shadows requests have come up...

ATBotts78@gmail.com
09-11-2016, 11:30 AM
2017 Con Set, Battle Force 2000 (for their 30th Anniversay) vs Red Shadows. Still in demand, still a good fit

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-11-2016, 01:14 PM
If they do comics only sets (IDW or DDP) without finishing out original ARAH and Marvel/Hama characters than that will be the quickest way to keep my money with me and not spend it at the club.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-11-2016, 01:24 PM
I agree, this is not a priority, but back before the Club had an "end date" there were a lot of ideas flowing. I think Hasbro did a disservice to the GI Joe brand by not making the extension at least 5 yrs.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-12-2016, 11:42 AM
I agree, this is not a priority, but back before the Club had an "end date" there were a lot of ideas flowing. I think Hasbro did a disservice to the GI Joe brand by not making the extension at least 5 yrs.

I agree. No IDW, DDP or Shattered Universe Sets. We supposedly only have two years left and people are demanding this junk.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-12-2016, 01:07 PM
This is an old thread from a couple of years ago back when we were more open minded and not scrambling to fill the holes from our past...

krob73@yahoo.com
09-16-2016, 10:24 AM
I guess I'm the only one tired to the re-paints. I recognized them for what they were as a kid, and still see them the same way. If Hasbro had figured out how to put the same characters in different environments (see Spirit 2010 - 2015), using existing parts, they could have probably been even more successful. Imagine Tiger Force as Desert Campaign instead: the same characters, different body parts (same head), new paint scheme = new uniform. Eventually they did, in a way, and gave us Sky Patrol.

So maybe I'm in the minority, and the club figure numbers (15 Tiger Force, 12 Night Force since 2013) says I am; but these re-paint sub teams do nothing for me.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-16-2016, 10:56 AM
NO, there are people thathave particular love for this subset or that subset because those repaints were their version of the character. So if you missed Duke in 83 or 84 The 88 TF was your Duke, If you missed 82/83 Stalker (Artic)89 was your Stalker, if you missed 82/83 Scarlett- That ugly Ninja Force was your Scarlett. If you missed the regular Light Foot, you might have had the Night Force version. It is a matter of perspective, and we are all nostalgic for "our versions" of GI Joe. If the Club had an ongoing life (not just two years guaranteed) then I would (and have been in the past) all for diversity. However, since we were told only 2 more years, Personally I want to see asall the 1987, 1988, with some 1989, and some 1990 figures updated to fill holes (unless they have a 25th version already). I would love Marine Dress Blues Gung Ho, a V1 Budo, Night Force Sneak Peak, Clutch V2 (Tan), International Funskool TripWire, or LnF Tripwire, a accurate V1 Motor Viper (ROC Nitro Viper) but since they already have modern 25th updates I am okay with letting them go...

What I don't want is Star Brigade and Manimals,Ninja Force, Neon colored stuff Before the 1982-1989 run is complete. Basically, the last real year for me as a kid was 1988, with a little bleed into 1989, and a few picked up in 1990 for I don't even know why just liked the looks of them.