PDA

View Full Version : Joe Con Location Suggestions?

kidzmd@outlook.com
10-01-2014, 06:08 AM
So last year we had Joe Con info released end of October. Anything forthcoming about 2015, yet?

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
10-01-2014, 08:13 AM
I hope its somewhere closeby, like Chicago, or Grand Rapids.

jrgrfg@aol.com
10-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Chicago or Grand Rapids! Might as well be in Liberia or Sierra Leone.

Just kidding Cloaked Raven. Those are great cities.

But have the Con somewhere sexy like Miami or fun like Orlando Florida.

As you can tell I am being completely unbiased.

manolive@hotmail.com
10-01-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm sure the decision has already been made, can't believe how late in the year we are. But why not some place like Denver? I would love to suggest my home town Salt Lake. Our Comic Con had 120k visitors this year, handled it fine. And despite the reputation there are plenty of good bars and restaurants downtown. Not to mention one of the top rated public transportation systems in the country. Also we're a major Delta hub and have an Air Force museum. However, I'm also not crazy and I know good and well that ain't happening, lol. Still, Denver would be a nice place.

I also think St. Louis would be a fun place too.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-01-2014, 08:24 PM
They will never have it in Miami in Chicago. They always pick a medium-sized city to be more "family friendly." Just the convention costs, alone, of Chicago would increase the price of admission and probably most of the exclusives. I'd love for it to be in the Rapids. At this point I'm just hoping Hasbro will actually show up and have a booth.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
10-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Looks like Grand Rapids is agreeable, mostly.

Which means its only like twenty minutes away from me. Go Lakers.

manolive@hotmail.com
10-01-2014, 10:30 PM
I could be down for GR. When the Salt Lake Golden Eagles got sold they became the Grand Rapid Griffins. I miss my hockey team :rolleyes:

funpubincadmin
10-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Plans for GIJoeCon 2015 are a work-in-progress and we will have an official announcement once all location details are confirmed.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
10-02-2014, 09:58 AM
They will never have it in Miami or Chicago. They always pick a medium-sized city to be more "family friendly." Just the convention costs, alone, of Chicago would increase the price of admission and probably most of the exclusives.

There are ways around this dilemma. They could pick a more "business friendly" suburb of Miami or Chicago and do it there. They used Frisco one year, which is in the D/FW area. I also spoke to a vendor last year, who said the Frisco show was a better overall show, than last years con, which was in the heart of downtown Dallas. Now that there is some news of Hasbro and Disney doing more business together, I'm hoping that the con will head back to the Orlando area. As a Texan, a location along the gulf coast or in the Midwest is preferable. Orlando, NOLA, St. Louis, KC, DFW, Houston or San Antonio would be nice. If the club could figure out a way to make Las Vegas work, I'd be interested in that as well.

rjbarnhart@zoominternet.net
10-02-2014, 02:26 PM
I thought Disney was great but I have also enjoyed visiting different cities. I just want to find out where and when the con will be.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
10-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I would love it if they bring it to OHIO one of these years!

10-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Not a fan of the cold are ya? (Sarcastic Smiley)

All I can say is that I'm happy with the clubs April to July con window. ;)

rcmejia@gmail.com
10-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I want it back in Orlando. Great city and plenty of night life for after the convention.

10-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Orlando and Vegas are easy sells to convince the wife; although if it's Orlando, I'll probably have to bring all the kids along.

manolive@hotmail.com
10-04-2014, 07:14 PM
I would love it if they bring it to OHIO one of these years!

I'd put in a vote for Cleveland!

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
10-04-2014, 08:19 PM
I'd put in a vote for Cleveland!
That would be close enough for me. (Columbus) :cool:

rew97@live.com
10-04-2014, 09:16 PM
That would be close enough for me. (Columbus) :cool:

Columbus would be a great location.

mlandvick@gmail.com
10-05-2014, 07:09 AM
We would very much like for it to take place in the summer this year!! The school year cons are impossible to do with kids!!! Please keep that in mind!!

manolive@hotmail.com
10-05-2014, 11:25 PM
We would very much like for it to take place in the summer this year!! The school year cons are impossible to do with kids!!! Please keep that in mind!!

Oh please. They're not learning anything important. Do you remember anything from grade school? Or just the cool adventures you had?

cpo322@att.net
10-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Would love to see it in RI or somewhere in the Northeast again.

mlandvick@gmail.com
10-06-2014, 03:55 PM
It's not school for them only!! Both my wife and I are in education as well!!! Plus for them it's the sports!!! My oldest just started freshman year!!!

manolive@hotmail.com
10-06-2014, 08:57 PM
It's not school for them only!! Both my wife and I are in education as well!!! Plus for them it's the sports!!! My oldest just started freshman year!!!

Same argument. You don't have to teach them cause they ain't learnin nuttin :p

But ok, I get the sports thing though.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
10-07-2014, 08:38 AM
It would be awesome if they just kept it in Dallas. It's closer to the club and probably easier for them to put it on. It also costs them less I'm sure since it's right there. Plus it would make it easier on us for planning purposes every year.....

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
10-07-2014, 09:03 AM
It probably would but if they did that what's to keep somebody from saying Been There Done That after it's been there two three or more times in a row. By holding it in a different City every year (and when possible going with different times of year as well) It heeps it from getting stale. Probably also the reason that they have different Hasbro Execs and voice actors come every year since it might get boring having Michael Bell, Morgan Lofting, BJ Ward, Bill Ratner, Kirk Begozian there every year (Though probably most everyone would enjoy having Larry Hama there every year for all eternity( The Club probably does whatever it can to keep things Fresh every year and it might be harder to do if it's in Dallas every year.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I think it should be in Pawtucket, RI so ALL of the Hasbro execs can attend and see the line still has a following, and hold a greater discussion on how to get the next generation into GI Joe. It isn't because military toys and large vehicles and playsets do not sell- go to TRU and see the True Heroes AISLE, or local pharmacies, Walmarts, etc and the US Marines, US Navy Seals figures proliferate the shelves. Maybe the hands do not need to be so sculpted and built to hold the weapons better to make the line competitive, maybe they just need to do a better job with their displays and promotions. The AB Shark place (C-130 gunship/cargo plane) from TRUE sells out every time they run a line of it. Heck most of us probably have customized one to make it a GI Joe plane (I did). The new Sub from the TRUE line is another example. They were selling out so fast on TRU's website they put a limit on how many an individual can order. Either way if the execs and the collectors are in the same location these discussions can be had.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
10-07-2014, 12:09 PM
I think it should be in Pawtucket, RI so ALL of the Hasbro execs can attend and see the line still has a following, and hold a greater discussion on how to get the next generation into GI Joe. It isn't because military toys and large vehicles and playsets do not sell- go to TRU and see the True Heroes AISLE, or local pharmacies, Walmarts, etc and the US Marines, US Navy Seals figures proliferate the shelves. Maybe the hands do not need to be so sculpted and built to hold the weapons better to make the line competitive, maybe they just need to do a better job with their displays and promotions. The AB Shark place (C-130 gunship/cargo plane) from TRUE sells out every time they run a line of it. Heck most of us probably have customized one to make it a GI Joe plane (I did). The new Sub from the TRUE line is another example. They were selling out so fast on TRU's website they put a limit on how many an individual can order. Either way if the execs and the collectors are in the same location these discussions can be had.:cool: Well said, man! I agree with all those arguments.--- (still don't think they wanna hear it...but well said.)

10-07-2014, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't mind Pawtucket RI, if they can do the Hasbro tour again. I would love to take the Hasbro tour.

dougwatkins@gmail.com
10-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Columbus would be fantastic, but Pawtucket would be classic!

impactfilms@ptd.net
10-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Same here , will definitely attend if on EC or Ohio.

ozcouple@live.com
10-20-2014, 05:11 PM
I hope its somewhere closeby, like Chicago, or Grand Rapids.

You have MY vote! Maybe 2016... ;)

Ohio works, too. Loved Indiana. At this point--since I will only drive--a six hour max drive is doable (from Detroit area).

fullclip101@aol.com
10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Cleveland!...I could only hope....

fostereben@gmail.com
10-21-2014, 11:26 AM
i would love Florida again but at this point any place would be nice. just wish they gave us some kind of heads up. I assume it will be in the summer sense the last couple years have been spring.

boudro72@yahoo.com
10-23-2014, 08:45 PM
2015 con logo has popped up...I like it