PDA

View Full Version : Femme Fatale con set?

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
08-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Yay or nay, would you be behind an "all female" con set, or an "almost all female" con set? If so, how would you lay it out? Hasbro execs have been reported to believe, that female figures don't sell. However, many of the club and SDCC female figures sell for high prices on the secondary market. One could speculate that the diehard fans (that's us) will buy female figures. What say you?

08-27-2014, 10:32 PM
I, for one, would love to see a large assortment of female figures. As far as the layout, I believe it would have to be a good mix of joes and cobras.
1-3. Cobra night stalkers
4. Night stalker officer
5. Munitia
6. Heartwrencher
7. Mistress Armada
8. Pythona
9. G.I. Jane
10. Athena
11. Carla "Doc" Greer
12. Natalie Poole
13. Martial arts Scarlett (SDCC white jinx body w/ Scarlett headsculpt)
14. Shooter
15. Firewall

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-28-2014, 04:34 AM
I like the idea and agree but think about how expensive this set will be in the days after the initial release.

08-28-2014, 04:52 AM
Yep! All I can say is, "Membership has its privileges." Also, I recall one con set recently had a second run. I believe it was the Oktober Guard set; and that set still continues to be highly in demand. If a con set hits that level of popularity, then it can only be a good thing for the club and its supporters. The nonsupporters will have to gnash their teeth and stew in their own nerd rage! ;)

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-28-2014, 06:15 AM
I'd go for a female heavy Con Set (which the 2007 Tanks for the Memories set was if you look at Quantity of figures. As far as how I would lfill it I'm not sure yet.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-28-2014, 08:21 AM
That would be really cool, but the club would need to produce more than the usual 750 sets.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-28-2014, 08:55 AM
What about a "Danger Girl" cross over theme?

08-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Cobra night stalkers vs. Danger Girl? It could work.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Club already has a deal with IDW- so why not?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-28-2014, 11:37 AM
What about a "Danger Girl" cross over theme?

That would be an interesting crossover.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
08-28-2014, 03:50 PM
With a Bruce Campbell figure as the souvenir.

rew97@live.com
08-28-2014, 06:11 PM

I think it would cost the club some money for them to produce a Danger Girl figure. I don't know a thing about Danger Girl other than she is a newer character and I imagine her creator would be entitled to royalties and also it always seems to cost money when a character is transfered from one medium to another.

As for the theme of this thread I think a team of 3 or 4 female Cobra blue shirts or Vipers would be an awesome for a con set, but it they are produced I would rather they be single card releases (not through the fss) so it is cheaper to army build.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Two female figures I always wanted produced both came from the Sunbow cartoon series. One was the Strato Viper leader ( I think she was the leader, her face was the only one I remember ever seeing) codenamed Raven (She was an African American cobra female pilot/Strato Viper), and the blonde Covergirl in the gray uniform

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
08-28-2014, 11:29 PM
A box set of babes sounds good to me. :)

rjhiii@sover.net
08-29-2014, 09:37 AM
http://www.halfbattle.com/pics/stratoviper.jpg

Lower right hand corner is Raven. Also wasn't their a female Cobra Eel during the Sunbow Series turned into a fish or something by Doctor Mindbender?

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-29-2014, 10:49 AM
IF you're thinking of Mara she was a female Cobra soldier of some type during the First season so it probably wasn't Dr. Mindbender that did it.

http://www.halfbattle.com/pics/stratoviper.jpg

Lower right hand corner is Raven. Also wasn't their a female Cobra Eel during the Sunbow Series turned into a fish or something by Doctor Mindbender?

rjhiii@sover.net
08-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Maybe, In my world Mindbender gets blamed for all the genetic experiments... even if they did not specifically show him...

kelty11@verizon.net
08-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Strato- Viper Raven would be really cool as well as Mara and Baroness' female cobra troopers from "Spell of the Siren." This potential convention set could be organized around the Mara and Spell of the Siren stories. You would have to include a "zombie"/ mesmerized Duke, Shipwreck and Destro as 3- pack. :D

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
08-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Maybe, In my world Mindbender gets blamed for all the genetic experiments...

Genetic mishaps?

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-30-2014, 05:49 PM
WEll there was his first attempt at Serpentor (which CObra Commander sorta helped with) and I'm not fully sure that in the end Serpentor quite turned out allright)

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-31-2014, 06:36 AM
All girl box set? It may alienate a few people, but overall I think it could do well. The Cobra side looks like it may have a lot to offer. I don't know what the club could produce for the Joes that Hasbro or themselves have already made.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Another night force themes perhaps-
Night Force Helix
Night Force Scarlett (w/ Nightforce Eaglehawk repaint)
Night Force Covergirl (gray Sunbow uniform maybe? with Night Force Wolverine :) - I know wishful thinking)
Night Force Jinx
Night Force Lady Jaye (5 pack cartoon head)
Doc Carla Greer
Chameleon undercover as Baroness
GI Jane with Lab coat

Cobra
1-3. Cobra night stalkers (3 pack exclusive)
Night stalker officer & Baroness (repaint- 2 pack exclusive)
Munitia
Raven (Strato Viper Commander w- Cobra Command Vehicle exclusive ROC Night Raven repaint Black with Red trim)
Vypra (with that horrible camo pattern others wanted and a repainted Stinger to match her original ride)

rjhiii@sover.net
09-11-2016, 08:53 AM
I still like th NF Female set idea, but swap out LJ and Jinx for Bombstrike and Mayday?

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
10-11-2016, 01:54 AM
I like this NF female vs Cobra female idea... but we already have a NF Lady Jaye. I would LOVE to have a 25th style squad of 6 Night Stalkers and an officer from the '07 con set. That convention set is my favorite to date. It may be due to it being my first convention. But Night Stalkers would be awesome if redone for a con set.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-11-2016, 06:05 AM

If the Club has a deal with IDW, then why haven't we seen a single IDW exclusive Joeverse character like Monk, Krake, Oda Satori, female MainFrame, Vikrim Khallikan, Lighthorse, Billdocker (not that anyone would want him), short gray-haired Firewall, etc?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-11-2016, 07:33 AM
Yes, danger girl crossover.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
10-11-2016, 08:19 AM
It might work. Baroness' elite team of body guards like in the original animated series vs a cast of all female Joes.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 09:08 AM
If the Club has a deal with IDW, then why haven't we seen a single IDW exclusive Joeverse character like Monk, Krake, Oda Satori, female MainFrame, Vikrim Khallikan, Lighthorse, Billdocker (not that anyone would want him), short gray-haired Firewall, etc?

Because most of us enjoy the Club comic, but collect 82-90, MARVEL Run, and Sunbow. A few make it past to the next error....

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 09:09 AM
No I did not mispell era... after 1990 was mostly one big ERROR...

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-11-2016, 10:42 AM
No I did not mispell era... after 1990 was mostly one big ERROR...

Oh come now, we can disagree about Josh Blaylock and Brandon Jerwa of DDP, but only if we must, and I'm okay with you if you want to hate on Chuck Dixon and his blatant disregard for the filecards and the Joes passed the top 15 most popular, during his IDW run, but you cannot honestly feel like Mike Costa's multi-year IDW run on the Cobra Book was part of "one big error," can you? Windsor VT say it isn't so?!!? (We typically see eye-to-eye on this stuff;)

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Yeah sorry after the neon colors started becoming the norm, Star Brigade etc. I was out...lol!

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-11-2016, 12:27 PM
On the figures I hear ya completely, my hiatus was from 1991 - 2007. But the books, the books have had some decent runs in the last 15 years. That's what I was talking about with IDW and no darn IDW based characters having figures.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 02:16 PM
I lost hardcore interest in the comics after the SAW Viper issues at the Battle of Bezanteen(sp?) The Joes that were killed still irk me...

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Quick Kick and Doc have always been missed opportunities, but I promise you, the DDP entire run was more good than bad. A stupid ninja body swapping story near the very end was the only real hiccup in a very refreshing take. The Mike Costa Cobra run was almost flawless. GI Joe Origins was cool too. The only disappointing book in the non-Larry Hama run of IDW was the main book, and it had its ups and downs. But I would rather beg you to read it all, than let you stay in literary exile without at least trying to end your boycott. Seriously man, it's better tried than left untouched.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Wasn't DDP the run that killed Lady Jaye? and the one where Chuckles kills Jinx?

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Correct on both, but their deaths weren't as anticlimactic as the deaths that started your boycott to begin with. When Lady Jaye dies, Flint suffers mentally for a very long time, and the Chuckles killing Jinx kicks off one of the best stories every told. And without spoiling anything for you, it destroys and motivates Chuckles at the same time

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 03:45 PM
I read those two story lines and wasn't impressed... Again casual reader at that point, but just didn't interest me. Cool Breeze, and the "green shirts" characters who are introduced for the sole purpose of being killed as well as Cobra fodder and the enemy can die. The good guys win... I liked my GI Joe where the only ones that die are the equivalent of the red shirts in Star Trek...

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-11-2016, 06:38 PM
This has gone so far off thread topic, I'm going to PM you, lol

10-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Well, Hasbro & the club have made some progress in the last 2 years. Since the start of this thread, Pythona, Shooter & Carla "Doc" Greer have all become a reality. Also, in the last 2 years, we've received Marissa Fairborn, Undertow Officer, Vypra, Bombstrike, Stiletto, female Cobra Officer, SDCC TF crossover Scarlett, Ninja Force Scarlett, Dr. Biggles-Jones, Arcee, with. Female Cobra 3 pack, Steel Raven & FSS 5.0 surprise figure on their way. Who says female figures don't sell? Great job Hasbro & Fun Pub.!!! This idea still has possibilities!!!

Since 3 of my initial desired figures have already come to fruition, I'd like to add Renegades Baroness, Canary Ann & Mayday to that list.

Thanks Fun Pub. & Hasbro

rjhiii@sover.net
10-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Actually the Club has proven it listens, if you go back and look at the convention suggestions as well the requested sets are being made. I know Cobra-La is off the table for a Con set, but with the number of requests for Battle Force 2000, and the Red Shadows, DEF and Head Hunters (although not my choice) can't be far behind...

10-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Yes to DEF & the Headhunters, yes to the Red Shadows. If BF2.0 winds up in a set w/ the Red Shadows, fine by me.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Also, possibly Tanks for the memories
Is another one requested a few times

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but BF2000 vs Red Shadows would be awesome and satisfy a lot of different member goals. 87-89 gap, international figures, and another sub-team completed in Modern Era!

etquick2003@yahoo.com
10-20-2016, 10:53 PM
That. Is. Awesome.