PDA

View Full Version : Aquisition of a vintage GI Joe!!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-04-2014, 03:00 PM

It has been a desire of mine for a while, to have a GI Joe figure from every decade of his long and rocky existence. For a long while, I was missing one from the 60's. No more.

I was in Washington D.C. for my birthday, a gift was the Club's Talking Black Commander, but I found the guy pictured coming back home.

There is an Antique mall in Maumee, Ohio, at 1552 Reynolds Road, we stopped. It was huge, the building must have been a Toys 'R' Us before they got their hands on it. Nevertheless, the first booth when we walked in, had a bag of ten 80's GI Joes for $15. I got them too, pictures later. Further on down the aisle, there was a booth with the guy pictured, and another, slightly more inexpensive model, only he was missing a foot, and that's why he's still there.

The guy I bought, for 43.60, was in good shape, I thought. He came dressed in what's pictured. Action Pilot's Dress Parade jacket and slacks, both sets of captains bars, and two brown left boots. The right boot was probably on the figure I left in Maumee. Oh well. My only real problem with this guy is that his left forearm is really, really loose.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Also in that antique mall, I found a GI Joe figure, vintage 60's, but with Fighting Yank's head. I was both impressed and ashamed.