View Full Version : A neat experiment you can do with a fuzzhead GI Joe.

07-04-2014, 12:44 PM
You will need:

1 fuzzhead GI Joe figure (12").

1 tube of Chapstick.

I suppose this could go in the realm of self-hypnotism, almost Crystal Ball-ish, but what you're really doing, is tricking yourself when you do the experiment. I've only done it with the things in the list, feel free to try it with other things.

Place the Chapstick vertically on GI Joe's hair, so the cap of the tube is up. It needs to be balanced just right (Joe does too for that matter) to stand straight up and not fall. Look intently at the tube, tell yourself (whisper out loud, that's what I do) that the tube is falling, you will need to repeat it a few times. Keep going. I usually see it move, but it's just a trick you told your eyes to see.

I don't know if it only works with a GI Joe, probably something to do with the reflective sheen of the hair fibers, and the shiny plastic of the tube. I think it's cool.

07-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I think the firework fumes were getting to your head.

I'll see if the other kids wanna play next party, lol. :p

07-06-2014, 06:20 PM
No no, things like this do happen. Suggestion is very powerful. You can trick yourself into lots of things, being sick, having weights in your hands. particularly if the weights happen to be GI Joes.