PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Subscription Service 1.0

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-17-2014, 08:34 PM
The idea of this is to replicate, or fabricate, a piece of equipment or an accessory for the 12" collectors. I've already started an idea thread here (http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?363-Something-like-FSS-but-for-the-12-quot-collectors), but this is for this specific idea.

Because 15 minutes ago, I was in the shower, and I thought, "I don't have enough uniform/equipment sets for my 12" vintage style GI Joes, by golly I'd like to get myself some of those so I can make neat photos." So I thought of the Accessory Subscription Service, but then thought of a better name for it, we all know why.

The Club would have to ask permission and go through a lot of paperwork I imagine, but I suspect the outcome will be nice. I'm thinking 6 sets per year, with the 7th surprise set following tradition.

Year 1:
67's Action Soldier Sabotage set
67's Action Sailor Deep Freeze set
67's Action Marine Tank Commander set
66's Action Pilot Crash Crew set
71's Adventure Team Jungle Survival set
75's Adventure Team Night Surveillance set
Surprise:67's Action Marine Jungle Fighter set

These are just ideas, I'm throwing them at the wall to see what sticks, probably nothing.

julestobin@gmail.com
06-17-2014, 09:01 PM
They would be vintage for the 12''ers. No doubt. But to pay Premium Prices(without bulk savings...)for premium equipment(better detail) It would take the whole genre of the 12'' and throw it into the next age!! If any thing they could sell Premium 12'' figures w/premium equipment as a whole new set.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-17-2014, 09:16 PM
I am not a 12" collector and I don't know what the Club can and can't do, but I thought I would help with idea generation.
Even though you want more equipment sets, I am guessing you 12" collectors don't have a lot of naked Joes sitting around your house. You're gonna need someone to wear these clothes or you might have more extra outfits than Barbie. Maybe each year the ESS could include one basic GI Joe figure and five sets of equipment? You could use the gear to help out your existing Joes, or come up with new characters by giving it to a generic figure.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Or that 7th piece of equipment is a big Barbie-style closet! Except made out of stained wood, Oak or Cherry, something handmade by GI Joe to store his clothes in.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-17-2014, 10:34 PM
I am guessing you 12" collectors don't have a lot of naked Joes sitting around your house.

No GI Joe nudist camps?:confused: It could happen, especially if there are small children in the house. "Well, he doesn't need all of those clothes." pretty soon, a battalion of neked Joes populate your living room floor.

dependable357@gmail.com
08-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Currently, it appears the Club's biggest 12" appeal is mostly Adventure Team. I don't see how the Club would lose money producing M.A.R.S. and Black Dragon insignia...to include headgear / uniform / vehicle size...all on one stick-and-peel decal sheet for each villainous organization. AT collectors may not care for all those myriad of 4" characters, but we are seriously die-hard in our love of all things AT.
(Even though, to this day, I still have no idea what the M.A.R.S. acronym stands for).

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
08-31-2015, 07:28 PM
I believe it stands for "Military Armaments Research Syndicate"

I have the tan version of the Chenowth Desert Strike buggy. It would be cool to add the MARS logo to that and make it a villain vehicle.

dependable357@gmail.com
09-05-2015, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=ds_smith@sympatico.ca;8859]I believe it stands for "Military Armaments Research Syndicate"

Thanks for the clarification on MARS!

rjhiii@sover.net
06-22-2016, 09:15 AM
So now the Club is alive for two years- why not keep the 12" guys and gals happy with trying this? There version of the FSS