PDA

View Full Version : First Day Incentive for FSS Registration?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-02-2014, 11:10 AM
It's probably too late to do this for FSS 3.0, but something to consider for next year. What do people think about offering a special incentive/bonus item to members who sign up for the FSS on the first day registration is open (kind of like they do for JoeCon registration)?
It doesn't need to be another figure or something people would be really upset about missing out on.
Some ideas I've had are a special accessory/weapon set like the ones sold at the convention a few years ago, an alternate head sculpt for one of the figures (like an unmasked head for Vypra, or non-face-painted head for Hit n Run for example, doesn't have to be a new sculpt), or a poster showing the FSS figures in battle.
This is just what I've come up with in 5 minutes. I'm sure we could come up with more ideas. What do you think?

steve.2477@hotmail.com
06-02-2014, 02:42 PM
I like the poster idea of the FSS figs in battle or unmasked head sculpt would be cool.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-03-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure about variant figures, but alternate head sculpts, weapon packs or poster would be interesting. A battle poster framed by character's file cards might be interesting. I'm thinking of the 1990-94 poster of the micro figures. Does anyone remember that? I have it framed.

ejb25cornell@yahoo.com
06-03-2014, 09:58 AM
I think this is a great idea! I would love a special head sculpt and/or an expanded accessory pack.

ryan@tebrams.com
06-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Add the coyote from the renegades series

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-03-2014, 06:31 PM
:cool: Weapons packs and/or head sculpts would be cool!

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Great idea

jrgrfg@aol.com
06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
They should add the Coyote anyway they can. It was in the concept vault and it was amazing!

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-06-2014, 10:31 PM
It's probably too late to do this for FSS 3.0, but something to consider for next year. What do people think about offering a special incentive/bonus item to members who sign up for the FSS on the first day registration is open (kind of like they do for JoeCon registration)?
It doesn't need to be another figure or something people would be really upset about missing out on.
Some ideas I've had are a special accessory/weapon set like the ones sold at the convention a few years ago, an alternate head sculpt for one of the figures (like an unmasked head for Vypra, or non-face-painted head for Hit n Run for example, doesn't have to be a new sculpt), or a poster showing the FSS figures in battle.
This is just what I've come up with in 5 minutes. I'm sure we could come up with more ideas. What do you think?

This could be a cool idea---provided that we see all 12 figures before hand.

wishful_sinful@hotmail.com
06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
sounds like the way to run up the cost to $400

boostergold5@gmail.com
06-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Come on guys, theres already too much up in the air nonsense with what day they start and so on. They havent started on time even once yet without delaying due to technical difficulties. Its not fair to ask them to ship something extra. This would just make a part that would sell for redonculous prices on ebay and almost no one who is just a fan would even get one.

rileyjt@sc.rr.com
07-01-2014, 12:42 PM

What about new headsculpts/removable helmets/caps for existing figures that need improvement...i.e. Cutter, Slip Stream, Wet Suit, Barbeque...

rew97@live.com
07-03-2014, 05:31 AM
I do not like the idea of a first day incentive. Asking people to buy something that expensive mostly sight unseen is the kind of nonsense they run over at Matty Collector. I admire the fact the club allows members to see all (except the mystery one) figures before you choose whether or not to buy. If the club is going to offer an incentive for the fss other than the 13th figure than it should be available to all subscribers regardless of when they signed up.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-03-2014, 07:35 AM
I like the idea of rewarding those that sight unseen support the club's efforts, but I think the best option is to send them an upgrade to the annual subscription figure- ie a carded version instead of just the loose version. Since I rec'd Iceberg and the last shipment of FSS 2.0 at the same time it would have been easier, and possibly cheaper to slip a dozen, or a hundred, or whatever the number of carded Artic Dr. Mindbenders in with the 13th Mystery figure.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
07-03-2014, 09:36 AM
I do not like the idea of a first day incentive. Asking people to buy something that expensive mostly sight unseen is the kind of nonsense they run over at Matty Collector. I admire the fact the club allows members to see all (except the mystery one) figures before you choose whether or not to buy. If the club is going to offer an incentive for the fss other than the 13th figure than it should be available to all subscribers regardless of when they signed up.

I like the idea of rewarding those that sight unseen support the club's efforts, but I think the best option is to send them an upgrade to the annual subscription figure- ie a carded version instead of just the loose version. Since I rec'd Iceberg and the last shipment of FSS 2.0 at the same time it would have been easier, and possibly cheaper to slip a dozen, or a hundred, or whatever the number of carded Artic Dr. Mindbenders in with the 13th Mystery figure.

It was never said that anything should be done sight unseen. There is no reason they couldn't reveal the figures before the sign up period and then reward those who sign up early just like they already do with convention registration.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
It was never said that anything should be done sight unseen. There is no reason they couldn't reveal the figures before the sign up period and then reward those who sign up early just like they already do with convention registration.

Hmmm, I like the slow reveal process building the excitement with each one... However, this said, the Club could probably eliminate most of the nitpicking purists if they revealed them all at once instead of letting people complain, cry, whine and nit pick every small detail. I can see both sides of that argument. This said, if their is no-one signing up just on the principle of supporting the club (they get to see the merchandise so to speak), then I don't really see the need for an incentive. All that will do is piss off those who cannot get through from the volume of traffic through the computer. It could cause strained feelings. I can see an incentive for a "pre-order" before the reveals and a thank you for support.

rew97@live.com
07-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I will also point out that some people like myself had to wait a few days into the sign up period to sign up , due to the fact people get paid on different days of the month. Having an incentive is fine just don't limit it to one day make sure everyone has an opportunity to buy, not just those lucky enough to have the money on day one. If people want a ploy from their toy company that only upsets collectors go talk to Matty Collector and their "Guru".

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-01-2014, 03:32 AM
How about a 5% discount or free shipping on one set.

cardensb@hotmail.com
05-20-2015, 05:47 PM
This really is a good idea since a day 1 pre-order would only be based on the list of names and the first reveal.

rew97@live.com
05-21-2015, 07:21 AM
The FSS is fine the way it is, no need for gimmicks.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
05-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Yeah this will actually cost us more. That's not the kinda inventive I want.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-21-2015, 09:07 AM
I agree. No gimmicks that will result in items available for only 24 hours and will increase in price astronomically.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Same price I paid last year w/ insurance. And yes I ordered already :)