PDA

View Full Version : FSS Spearhead - What color do you want him to be?

allewebay@earthlink.net
05-31-2014, 04:49 PM
I posted a quick digibash of Spearhead in the FSS 3.0 Preview thread of Spearhead and Max (http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?383-FSS-3-0-Preview-G-I-JOE-POINT-MAN-SPEARHEAD!). Fellow member jfaria suggested a poll so here it is - what colors do you want Spearhead to be? The club previewed a muted realistic brown camo, I suggested a muted orange, or do we go all ARAH with fluorescent orange?

Here's the picture I posted in the other thread showing the original and muted orange camos:

And because Cloaked Raven asked for it, here's one with the fluorescent orange camo:

And here's the vintage ARAH figure:

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
05-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks again Allew. You got the poll up quick!
I voted for the "muted orange" depicted in the right photo, but honestly I like the look of the reddish brown too. The brown camo is maybe too much like Duke v4, so I think orange is the way to go.
Okay, Club admins, are you okay going with the majority vote on this one? (however it turns out)

zephin77@yahoo.com
05-31-2014, 05:42 PM
I voted for fluorescent orange but I can meet in the middle if we had to in order to at least get it to look close to the original.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
05-31-2014, 06:08 PM
I voted/like the muted orange, but I would still buy Spearhead if it stayed brown.

skyblade24@yahoo.com
05-31-2014, 07:02 PM
I went with muted orange little more like the original. They both look good though.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Do we have an approximation of neon-type orange camo?

r_tolen@yahoo.com
05-31-2014, 09:46 PM
i voted for original colors, but at least do the muted orange instead of brown then gijcc.

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Muted orange camo, like the 2nd pic that was mocked-up.

josephpmaloney@hotmail.com
06-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I voted for fluorescent orange but would gladly take the muted orange as well. Do not like the realistic brown.

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Do we have an approximation of neon-type orange camo?

I'll add another digibash in the first post with a brighter orange - hope it's neon enough! To be real ARAH accurate the backpack should be orange as well but I wanted to focus on the different camo colors - who says a leopard, err bobcat can't change his spots? :)

Thanks again Allew. You got the poll up quick!

Anytime, glad to be of service!

jabvab@verizon.net
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Wow - thanks for posting this. I think it makes a huge difference staying with orange (muted or florescent) versus brown.

I'm a big supporter of the club. I don't think they don't get credit for the great job they do. But every now and then though I have to scratch my head at a decision. Not trying to be negative or anything, it just seems that when they announced V1 colors at the con we all had an idea of what we were expecting and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. To then alter that course seems like you're inviting disappointment and creating an argument among fans that doesn't' need to exist. I just don't believe anyone would have made a fuss and a poll stating, 'if only they'd used brown.' My .02.

skintat2@hotmail.com
06-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Muted orange all the way!!!! Love the clubs work on these!!!!

jedijones77@yahoo.com
06-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I like the first two, but given that the 1990s Duke has similar colors to the first, I'd go with the second so that it looks more unique if that Duke is ever made.

r_tolen@yahoo.com
06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I expect GIJCC to step up soon and acknowledge that a muted orange is the most logical pattern to adopt for Spearhead. Great work allow! :)

zephin77@yahoo.com
06-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Ok club lets do it. Orange it is :)

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Allew, you should set up separate polls with pics for the rest of these figures. Alpine and Night Creeper Leader have already been discussed on the forums with regards to their color scheme preferences (and some degree of nerd rage).

ecgrohs@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 07:13 AM
That muted orange looks really nice.

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Allew, you should set up separate polls with pics for the rest of these figures. Alpine and Night Creeper Leader have already been discussed on the forums with regards to their color scheme preferences (and some degree of nerd rage).

Mr Hebime, there's a poll now started by Cloaked Raven for Night Creeper Leader (http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?389-FSS-Night-Creeper-Leader-What-color). I considered starting polls for him and Alpine but I wanted to try my hand at digibashing some of the other color decos first. There doesn't seem to be that much of an controversy with Alpine's colors as there is with Spearhead and NCL.

Thanks everyone for your kinds words on my digibashes of Spearhead!

meanmugginloco@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 11:06 AM
This figure will be easy to customize into Duke.

http://www.yojoe.com/images/resize/w/MAX/imagestore/351/33147.jpg

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 01:09 PM
The brighter orange. Way better looking than the brown.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I went with realistic brown. He will fit in well with Dusty and the other desert camo guys. I don't like the orange look at all, not even on the vintage figure.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-09-2014, 01:23 PM
I vote brown, but if it has to be orange, I hope it's a more burnt umber shade and NOT neon. Leave neon back in the 80's where it belongs! ;)

funpubincadmin
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Please be aware that this thread included an unofficial poll and not a poll/survey conducted by the GIJCC Staff (per GIJCC Forum Guidelines #9).

We will make some adjustments to the final figure but not a complete deco change.