PDA

View Full Version : FSS 4.0 Wishlist Results from HissTank

bigd350z2@comcast.net
05-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Hello everyone! It's my first post here but I've been a long-time member over at HissTank.com. We ran a poll over there to develop a "Top 13" wants list for the next FSS 4.0. The poll consisted of ten figures each time and everyone voted for one figure. The top two figures were accepted each time. People voting "wrote in" two figures they wanted to see added. The top vote-getters for add-ins were put in the poll. So, after about a month of voting (and about 750 total votes), the following 13 are what we came up with:

Frostbite
Pythona
Metal Head
Heart Wrencher
Billy
Crystal Ball
Raptor
Blizzard
Fast Draw
Pathfinder
Bullhorn
Capt. Grid Iron
Shooter

We feel like this is an excellent blend of classic figures, newer Joeverse characters, and formerly unmade figures. The goal is to make this list seen by those at the Club so they know our wants! Please comment and let me know what you think. Club admins, do those running the Club check these forums? How can we ensure these choices get seen? I'm very excited about the lineup for FSS 3.0 and will be signing up. Many more have said they like this lineup and I'm sure they would sign up for these in FSS 4.0 as well!

jimsnow70@aol.com
05-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Sign me up!

jrgrfg@aol.com
05-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Excellent list. I voted for some like Raptor, Fast Draw, Pythona, Metal Head and Blizzard. Did not vote for the others but I would not mind getting them at all. Other notables for me Sneak Peek, Lightfoot, Rampart, Countdown, Downtown, Blackstar and the missing Oktober Guards that have yet not been issued. Of course no troopers in the list above as most do not want troopers in FSS due to the cost of troop building those. But if the Club makes sets of troopers I think many would buy multiples of figures like TARGAT, WORMS, Secto Viper, Decimator, Star Viper and Motor Viper.

rew97@live.com
05-13-2014, 08:56 PM
I hope that does not turn out to be FSS 4, as I only care about four of the characters. I wish vintage deco Law and Order or a vintage deco Darklon had made the list, as they are the two biggest names my collection is missing. Also, who is Heart Wrencher? If a character is not part of Larry Hama's ARAH comic or the vintage line then I would not know who he or she is.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-14-2014, 03:21 AM
Also, who is Heart Wrencher?

Sounds like a seductive plumber. She lures you in, and wham! She toys with your emotions, messing with them. She uses a wrench for this.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
05-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Also, who is Heart Wrencher? If a character is not part of Larry Hama's ARAH comic or the vintage line then I would not know who he or she is.

Heartwrencher is a female Dreadnok from probably the DDP Era. I've always been a fan of the Dreadnoks and bought MOST of the vintage ones back in the day (except for Zartan (already off the shelves, and Zanzibar (not sure why).

patrickryanmurphy@yahoo.com
05-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Heart Wrencher is a terrible choice.

sm.bigkid.28@gmail.com
05-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Heart Wrencher would be nice to have, just to add another female to the Dreadnoks, but not so sure I'd want to include her in a list like that for a FS. If you want another female figure why not give us Munitia or Cadet Denning.

ericthughestx@yahoo.com
06-01-2014, 10:12 AM
I agree with some of this list but I would like to see characters from all over the Joeverse.
1. like General Blitz (Sgt. Savage)
2. Inferno, Wreckage or Rampage (G.I. JOE EXTREME)
3. BLACK MAJOR (Red Shadows)
4. Unproduced Baroness, Flint, Footloose (1995 canceled Battle Rangers)
5. Cobra Commander (from the Transformers Episode "Only Human")
6. Mike Power, Bullet man (Action Team)
7. And last but definitely not the least The Viper (from the episode "The Viper is Coming")

kelty11@verizon.net
06-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Lets leave out Heart Wrencher, Shooter, Coolbreeze and other 5th -tier characters that no one cares about until FSS10 (here's hoping it lasts that long).

ericthughestx@yahoo.com
06-01-2014, 11:28 AM
I think that is a bad idea. You need to sprinkle in some of the "5th tier" characters so the can last foe a much longer time.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-01-2014, 04:58 PM
I think that is a bad idea. You need to sprinkle in some of the "5th tier" characters so the can last foe a much longer time.

You are entitled to your opinion on which figures you want, but your reasoning doesn't make sense. Do you have any idea how many years the FSS could continue just by doing ARAH and new sculpt figures without making figures of characters that only appeared in one comic issue or one cartoon episode?
If enough people want one of these obscure characters, the figure can get made, but don't make something no one wants just to drag things out.

boostergold5@gmail.com
06-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah, Ive only heard of Frostbite (who cares?) and Billy (a figure of a boy in regular clothes.. Yay :/) and the rest are way to lame. Holy elitist fanboy poll. Good thing Hisstank isnt in charge of Hasbro ;)

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah, Ive only heard of Frostbite (who cares?) and Billy (a figure of a boy in regular clothes.. Yay :/) and the rest are way to lame. Holy elitist fanboy poll. Good thing Hisstank isnt in charge of Hasbro ;)

I care about Frostbite. In fact, he is #1 on my wishlist for FSS 4, and currently #2 (behind Pythona btw) in the FSS survey going on at this very site. He is the last character missing in the ME from the Sunbow cartoon series, and he is the driver of a very popular vehicle that has been released in the ME. And 8 of the others are from the original 82-94 ARAH line. You may not like all the choices (I don't either), but if all these figures are lame, who do you want to see?

kelty11@verizon.net
06-04-2014, 12:53 PM
The best choices from this list are: Pythona, Frostbite, Metal Head (1990), Blizzard, Fast Draw, Pathfinder and Bullhorn.
Fast Draw is a great character that would look fantastic in ME styling and Pathfinder and Metal Head would be great additions. Metal Head would be a wonderful addition to the 2012 Convention set.

jtfowler78@gmail.com
06-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I would love to see Mercer in the version where he has a metal arm and a beard. Fastball would be cool too. Also Tunnel Rat, Nunchuck and maybe a ninja force Scarlet. I hope to never see another Crystal Ball.

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-10-2014, 11:03 PM
I would take any and all of those figures, but wouldn't mind seeing a few joes from sgt savage, GI joe extreme, or tiger force sneak peek and Outback.
I'm sure it's a bit too soon for some people, but I'd like to see the tan star brigade version of Ozone. I really like the convention ECO Force version, and think it'd be cool to see the variant that I never had as a kid.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-11-2014, 09:46 AM
I would take any and all of those figures, but wouldn't mind seeing a few joes from sgt savage, GI joe extreme, or tiger force sneak peek and Outback.
I'm sure it's a bit too soon for some people, but I'd like to see the tan star brigade version of Ozone. I really like the convention ECO Force version, and think it'd be cool to see the variant that I never had as a kid.

I would love to see a few more characters from Sgt. Savage and Extreme. I always thought Sgt. Savage was an interesting idea utilizing a variety of sources Sgt. Savage (Sgt. Rock), Screaming Eagles (Nick Fury's Howling Commandos), WWII hero frozen for 60 years (Capt. America); somewhat unappreciated.
Sgt. Savage, Gen. Blitz (another of Destro's Minions?), Dynamite (the lost member of the Argen 7), and Steel Raven, Mayday, Rampage and Lt. Stone from Extreme.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Frostbite
Pythona
Metal Head
Heart Wrencher
Billy
Crystal Ball
Raptor
Blizzard
Fast Draw
Pathfinder
Bullhorn
Capt. Grid Iron
Shooter

:confused: I don't think I would purchase the FSS 4 series if these figures were the official line up. I see only 3 or
4 figures I would be interested in.

NS550@aol.com
06-12-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm really happy to see some of those but I have to agree with the majority on this with figures like Heart Wrencher... not that interesting to me. Frostbite I know is on a lot of people's lists and I'd be up for that but I really wish if you were doing a snow trooper to have Sub-Zero come back too. Bullhorn, cpt grid-iron, fast draw, and metal head were all characters I was hoping to see. Anyway, not a bad list but I think some tweeking needs to be done, also i don't see any international figures unless I just don't know the character. There's a few more Oktober Guard to release (I think someone mentioned that earlier) you should definitely consider that if you want a well rounded FSS.