PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Exclusive

kelty11@verizon.net
05-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Here is an interesting idea for a club exclusive.

Politics aside, as a military equipment junkie I have been fascinated by the new equipment/ uniforms of the Russian Army and paramilitaries which debuted in the Crimea and Ukraine.

I think the club should offer an Oktober Guard set decked out in the new look of the Russian Army. I would be jazzed to see modern interpretations of Horrowshow and Daina. All previous versions have offered fans the Soviet- style Oktober Guard.

This wouldn't affect the value of the 2012 convention set as these would be brand new designs.

Good idea/ Bad? Feedback?

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I think this is a cool idea. A really cool idea.

julestobin@gmail.com
05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
It's a always a good idea to stay upto date when considering your G.I.JOE. But a BAD idea to throw in too many Russian figures! The '82 stuff seemed out of date by the time '89 rolled around. Then you got figures like PSYCHE OUT and BLIZZARD that make the '80's and the '90's look like caveman battle. In my opinion it is better to recive conception art and conception 'screenplay' ....before committing to a sales scheme! Even something like COBRA LA ZARTAN holding a bow with the Code Name OCULUS would be better on a lithograph or poster then collecting unneeded figures...

sheila4420@hotmail.com
07-16-2014, 04:51 PM
It would also be a good idea since they have the molds already to deck the Guard out in snow fatigues as well. Maybe even give them a repainted vehicle to match.

cbaldwin78@hotmail.com
08-16-2014, 04:18 PM
I like the idea of an arctic gear or revamped modern cammo october guard. I'm so glad I got a hold of that first great set! I even went a step further and bought the world peacekeepers attack chopper and Russian looking battle tank and picked up some October Guard decals to make some custom vehicles to display them with. What about some guerrilla war style iron grenadiers like those featured in gi joe special missions #23? I just read this comic and decided to custom make a small five man team. When I get time, I'll post the pictures!

I'd also like to see an arctic cobra la exclusive set and cold slither themed set in the near future, perhaps a later joe con set.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-17-2014, 11:00 AM
I would love an OG set wearing modern Russian uniforms w/o soviet era insignia. Horrowshow would look great with a Russian Imperial eagle on his coat.