View Full Version : Con Set Idea

04-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Barring Zombie Round two...

Cobra vs. The Coil: Cobra Civil War

Major Bludd (We need a good update w/head by Boss Fight)
3 Fast Blast Vipers (using Heat Viper body)
3 Shock Viper

Overlord (w/head by Boss Fight)
Zandar (more stealthy Coil update)
3 Coil Troopers
3 Heavy Coil Troopers

Leaders 2 pack
Cobra Commander vs Serpentor

Gi Joe Forward Observation Team 3 pack
Sneak Peak

04-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Similar in some respects to the 2006 Con Set but at the same time much different. While not a more Steel Brigade oriented Box Set I almost wouldn't mind seeing it eiher.

04-20-2014, 08:21 PM
This sounds like a terrible idea, I hope they never do this, because if they did I would absolutely have to have that 3 pack and it would be like $500 on eBay.
(Ok, since you can't convey tone in a typed message, I actually think your idea is fine, Cobra Civil War would be a cool story. I just worry about the demand for that 3 pack.)

04-21-2014, 09:03 AM
This is a great idea. I love the sounds of it. Lots of folks are focusing pretty closely on whatever "sub teams" we do or don't have, but there's nothing saying the Club couldn't just bring some different characters together into a great cohesive story, even if they're not part of an established "team".

04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
I agree, the Cobra Civil War is a great idea, but once again there would too many collector demanded figures that will be impossible to find after the convention. The best convention sets are those that utilize inventive repaints of existing characters or interestingconcept figures. I would like to be able to purchase Scoop, Repeater and Sneak Peak without having to take out a loan. Convention sets are not the best way to release great figures like this. Scoop would easily command $200+ on ebay and the 3-pack would most likely go for $600+. Have you seen the 2013 Chuckles & Freestyle set ($400!!). That 2- pack is more expensive than the Nocturnal Fire. The Annihilator 3- pack is over $400 as well. Collectors who want a full complement of 1989 Cobra troopers need to shell enormous sums for figures such as the Annihilator and the Frag- Viper.

09-11-2016, 08:47 AM
An interesting old idea Cobra vs Cobra