PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe 3, What would YOU like to see.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Since the GI Joe team had nearly been reduced to what one could put in a bag, they need more guys. The cast of the first movie is never really declared dead (aside from Duke). Destro is below Germany in hibernation or something. Zartan is dead.

I'd like to see Shipwreck brought in.

Destro could be brought back, and forms the Iron Grenadiers, which eventually become the main protagonist of the film.

The Crimson Twins, perhaps a dual role by someone creepy enough to pull it off.

Edit: I had Shipwreck to be played by Hugh Jackman, then I had this idea. Major Bludd played by Hugh Jackman. It's for the best becuse Bludd's voice needed to drop.

amaraljustin@hotmail.com
02-20-2014, 09:41 PM
id LOVE to see Liam Neeson as Keel Haul!

justin@generalsjoes.com
02-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I think bringing Extensive Enterprises, the Twins, and the Crimson Guard into it makes sense, and I'd love to see that involve the creation of Cobra Island and the return of Destro/The Baroness. I can think of a few different ways they could make it all blend together.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-21-2014, 01:17 PM
During GI Joe 2, one of the news broadcasts scenes with the president had a van with the nam "Extensive News" painted on the side. Not a real company so it was obviously an Easter Egg.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
02-25-2014, 06:23 PM
I think bringing Extensive Enterprises, the Twins, and the Crimson Guard into it makes sense, and I'd love to see that involve the creation of Cobra Island and the return of Destro/The Baroness. I can think of a few different ways they could make it all blend together.

Well, I guess this is it. No more to say. Get the writers in here and start casting, chop,chop.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-25-2014, 08:16 PM
A relatively new team is put together, with both Hawk and Colton heading the op. from the U.S.S. Flag. Cobra fades into obscurity for a little while, allowing the truth behind Extensive Enterprises to be brought to the light. A new security service, known as the Crimson Guard, is brought forth by E.E. Through the course of the movie, GI Joe reveals the true nature of E.E. Partially through the credits, a scene is shown that tells of one of the Cobra hierarchy aproaching the Crimson Twins about a job. At the end of the credits, some Scots get Destro out of hibernation for GI Joe 4.

thegame68@msn.com
03-14-2014, 04:00 PM
The Crimson Twins, perhaps a dual role by someone creepy enough to pull it off.

This might not be within the budget, but I thought that Tom Cruise would work for that duel role. I think he's got the charisma and the look to pull off the twins. He wouldn't be cheap, so it's not possible unless he was a huge Joe fan and gives them a big discount in his fee.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
03-15-2014, 06:11 AM
My vote is for the Dreadnoks. You could have them go berserk on a column of armored Joe vehicles that would be a great scene to rival Mad Max movies! So far the Joe's have encountered well-disciplined soldiers and ninjas, so it would be a nice mix to throw in the unruly, berserker style antics from the dirty, ruthless and vicious Dreadnok gang. Then maybe you could have the Marauders debut as G.I. Joe's version of the Dreadnoks.

manolive@hotmail.com
03-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Major Bludd played by Hugh Jackman. It's for the best becuse Bludd's voice needed to drop.

That sounds like a killer idea.

And I think it's time for Stalker to be brought in. Then you can do the Extensive Enterprise idea with them trying to take over, or reshape an inner city(say, Detroit for instance) and the Joes bring in someone that knows what it's like to be in that sort of environment. We can have Zarana be in charge of the gang that's destroying the city, Dreadnoks of course.

I wouldn't mind seeing Beachhead either. Maybe he saw the same thing happening in a big city near him. I don't know, maybe Mobile, Birmingham or Atlanta. You could even switch it around. EE is setting up shop in one of those Southern Cities and Stalker comes in to help cause he saw it happen in Detroit and wants to help stop it. Something along those lines.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
03-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Zarana needs to be played by someone that would be creepy/hot looking, like how Pris turned out in Blade Runner.

jim_filo@yahoo.com
04-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Zarana needs to be played by someone that would be creepy/hot looking, like how Pris turned out in Blade Runner.

was just thinking this. She should be in this & have someone like you said.

The Sun has to hit her :)

The Dreadnoks as well.

christopherjuell@yahoo.com
04-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Personally I would like to see an adventure team Movie something along the line of a Indiana Jones type of adventure.

nfattore@wideopenwest.com
04-30-2014, 08:09 PM
I'd like to see the cast from the first movie combine with the cast of the second movie. I'd also like to see new characters brought in like Footloose, Mutt and Junkyard, Shipwreck and Cross Country.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-30-2014, 08:14 PM
If they get Stalker, I've got three words.

Samuel.

L.

Jackson.

I don't care if he's not right for the part, he'll be right for the part. Why? Because It's Samuel L. Jackson.

manolive@hotmail.com
04-30-2014, 10:39 PM
if they get stalker, i've got three words.

Samuel.

L.

Jackson.

I don't care if he's not right for the part, he'll be right for the part. Why? Because it's samuel l. Jackson.

lololololol

sheila4420@hotmail.com
05-05-2014, 05:40 AM
How about a story containing the Oktober Guard, the Iron Grenadiers and the Dreadnoks and Marauders in the third film? Expand on the Joe Universe. And since all of these teams have seen successful toy production in the past few years there is definitely an interest to see them in action. We could have a great story showcasing these teams and the need for G.I. Joe-like teams around the world. Maybe the Marauders secretly help the Oktober Guard keep the Iron Grenadiers from taking over the former Soviet Union? With Destro and Cobra Commanders falling out, it could work.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-05-2014, 06:32 AM
How about a story containing the Oktober Guard, the Iron Grenadiers and the Dreadnoks and Marauders in the third film? Expand on the Joe Universe. And since all of these teams have seen successful toy production in the past few years there is definitely an interest to see them in action. We could have a great story showcasing these teams and the need for G.I. Joe-like teams around the world. Maybe the Marauders secretly help the Oktober Guard keep the Iron Grenadiers from taking over the former Soviet Union? With Destro and Cobra Commanders falling out, it could work.

Hmmm, the Oktober Guard was kind of built upon the Soviet Union, and we all know how well that turned out. Not to say it couldn't work, they cold use the backstory from GI Joe Renegades.

As for the Marauders, I can only assume you mean Slaughter's Marauders, and, even if it is Sgt. Slaughter, he's getting pretty old.

manolive@hotmail.com
05-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Now to be fair Raven, the title of this thread is "What would YOU like to see" not "What do you think will sell to international audiences". :D

But I think a Dreadnok story line is actually pretty reasonable. In Retaliation both Zartan and Zandar were killed, by Storm Shadow and GI Joe respectively. So Zarana, and possibly Zanya, gather the Dreadnoks and drag Destro out of the rubble cause they need someone with resources. So they take him back to his castle to recover and he activates his Iron Grenadiers. Then everyone sets out for Revenge. Then you can probably have a couple OG come lend a hand. You could get the ones that aren't currently in embroiled in an international conflict(nobody from Russia, Ukraine or Georgia). Granted that only leaves Volga, Daina (Both Czech) and Schrage (Germany). Not exactly the fan favorites, but you could get them past the studio heads.

And hey, Sgt is only 7 years older than Colton. So heck, maybe you bring Bruce back for one scene and he says "Hey, I know a guy." Then Slaughter says "Well, I know some guys."

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-06-2014, 03:30 AM
You could get the ones that aren't currently in embroiled in an international conflict(nobody from Russia, Ukraine or Georgia). Granted that only leaves Volga, Daina (Both Czech) and Schrage (Germany). Not exactly the fan favorites, but you could get them past the studio heads.

The other ones could be old enough to reminisce about the days of the Old Soviet Union. :)

sheila4420@hotmail.com
05-06-2014, 05:52 AM
I realize the Soviet Union is no more, but the Oktober Guard could have turned to freelance operatives or just remain a group for any number of reasons. It doesn't have to follow the cold-war era storyline from the Guard's first appearances in the comics. If they followed every detail of the comics or cartoons, then Ripcord would be a pasty white guy with red hair, right? Some things change to create a viable story for a movie. I was thinking of a Russia more along the lines of "A Good Day To Die Hard". I would think a rogue state with multiple military-trained mercenaries running around would be full of story.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Hmmm, the Oktober Guard was kind of built upon the Soviet Union, and we all know how well that turned out. Not to say it couldn't work, they cold use the backstory from GI Joe Renegades.

It seems everybody missed a key information point there:

Not to say it couldn't work, they cold use the backstory from GI Joe Renegades.

manolive@hotmail.com
05-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Heck man, I just want them to keep going with Renegades. I don't need a movie. Just a reason to get up on Saturday morning ;)

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-07-2014, 03:16 AM
You and me both.

Nevertheless, GI Joe 3... ;)

justin@generalsjoes.com
05-14-2014, 10:08 AM
MORE G.I. JOE RENEGADES PLEASE. I'll take it in whatever form I can get it!!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Well, I guess GI Joe 3 is a continuation of the Renegades series.

(These posts should really go in the "Cartoon" thread, where they're supposed to;))

ryan@tebrams.com
06-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Bring in the bats!!!!!!!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-03-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Dr. Mindbender died before the 1st movie. Destro could do them up after his people rescue him. Another thing, Destro needs to put on a kilt at some point in the franchise.

manolive@hotmail.com
06-03-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't think Mindbender did die. Cause he had that one line "If we survive this, I'll show you everything." So for all we know he went off into the mountains and started building BATs.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Hermit Mindbender!!!

Edit: I had that in all caps, but now it doesn't show up in all caps.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
06-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Reboot for sure and stay true to what the fans know about the characters and background. Writers and directors departing from what made the franchise so popular never equates to blockbuster.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-04-2014, 08:17 AM
That's from a purist's point of view, Low Light.

I like to see a movie maker's interpretation of certain things. If the GI Joe movies followed in the footsteps of the show, no one would take it seriously. It would be too campy. Even with the big-bucks actors like Bruce Willis or Dwayne Johnson.

Don't mean to bash on ya', just saying nothing needs to be as it was.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
06-06-2014, 07:58 PM
That's from a purist's point of view, Low Light.

I like to see a movie maker's interpretation of certain things. If the GI Joe movies followed in the footsteps of the show, no one would take it seriously. It would be too campy. Even with the big-bucks actors like Bruce Willis or Dwayne Johnson.

Don't mean to bash on ya', just saying nothing needs to be as it was.

No need to correct other's opinions bro. Just state your own.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-06-2014, 09:38 PM
No need to correct other's opinions bro. Just state your own.

Sorry. Thought we were having a balanced debate;).

To all...

does anyone want to compile all of our ideas into a potential plot summary for GI Joe 3?

rew97@live.com
06-26-2014, 03:29 PM
This might not be within the budget, but I thought that Tom Cruise would work for that duel role. I think he's got the charisma and the look to pull off the twins. He wouldn't be cheap, so it's not possible unless he was a huge Joe fan and gives them a big discount in his fee.

I am sure the only sci fi stuff he reads on his free time is L. Ron Hubbard books.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-26-2014, 04:19 PM
I think Hasbro needs to get the rights back from Paramount after this movie as fast as humanly possible and grant them to Marvel Studios. It is time to bring GI Joe and the story home to where it belongs. After all, GI Joe is really a part of the greater Marvel Universe, Larry Hama said when approached about GI Joe he already had an idea for an ultra advanced military force to coexist with SHIELD. Plus Marvel/Disney has the pockets and clout to get the right actors, the right producers, directors, writers, etc.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-04-2014, 09:27 AM
From the GI Joe 3 News thread:
A guy dared me to find someone bigger than The Rock to focus on, I found Danny Trejo.

Who could Danny Trejo play in GI Joe 3? Although you're right, that's not really news per say, probably go better here.

Umm... GI Joe 3. Ummm... anyone know anything about the plot?

So I put it here, in the speculation/wants thread. Works a little better here.

Who could Danny Trejo play in GI Joe 3?

A new character,

a Dreadnok,

named,

Machete.

That's what I think.

ryan@tebrams.com
07-04-2014, 10:48 AM
bring in the bats

rjhiii@sover.net
07-04-2014, 11:26 AM
***REBOOT*** That is what is needed! Use the MARVEL comics to bring fans what they want! While I am a fan of the Sunbow and DIC cartoons, the comics had the realistic edge and were not "campy". Hasbro needs to let Paramount run their course and then take the rights back and license them to MARVEL Studios to make real movies...

manolive@hotmail.com
07-06-2014, 06:24 PM
From the GI Joe 3 News thread:
A guy dared me to find someone bigger than The Rock to focus on, I found Danny Trejo.

Who could Danny Trejo play in GI Joe 3? Although you're right, that's not really news per say, probably go better here.

Umm... GI Joe 3. Ummm... anyone know anything about the plot?

So I put it here, in the speculation/wants thread. Works a little better here.

Who could Danny Trejo play in GI Joe 3?

A new character,

a Dreadnok,

named,

Machete.

That's what I think.

I did dare you. And I don't know if he's bigger, but Danny is badder. I'd get behind this idea.

Speaking of cross-over ideas. I was watching that Mortal Kombat: Legacy series of webshorts Machinima did (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELeWDvdC4t8Yw). And the Sonya/Jax/Kano set was pretty dang cool. If you replace the names Sonya=Scarlett, Jax=Stalker, Kano=Bludd it would fit in pretty sweet. So now I want to see Michael Jai White (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925220/?ref_=nv_sr_1) as Stalker. He's totally under used and very overlooked as an actor.

manolive@hotmail.com
07-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Reboot for sure and stay true to what the fans know about the characters and background. Writers and directors departing from what made the franchise so popular never equates to blockbuster.

The main problem with that is there are what, at a huge over estimate, 100,000 core Joe fans that know the backgrounds of all the characters? The studios want MILLIONS of people to go see this. Hundreds of Millions even. As much as Joe fans might complain about how much they didn't like the movies and how terrible they thought they were, let me share something with you:

Rise of Cobra: $302,469,017 (Worldwide) of that $152,458,808 (Non-USA)
Retaliation: $375,740,705 (Worldwide) of that $253,217,645 (Non-USA)

They aren't making them for us, cause that's not where the money is coming from. Retaliation was #24 in the box office returns in the US in 2013, over movies like:
The Wolf Of Wall Street
The Butler
Captain Phillips
12 Years A Slave
Dallas Buyers Club
Her
That's just in US dollars. All of those movies were nominated or actually won awards. So to say that because they strayed from what you believe is what made the franchise so popular isn't going to make a blockbuster is just plain wrong. They did do their own thing and got a blockbuster out of it. They couldn't care less if say a million Joe fans throw down their hats and boycott the movie. What will that cost them in profits? $10 million, maybe?

Now I'm not trying to pick on you specifically. I know I'm in the minority in the Joedom in liking both movies. Many many people have the same beliefs that you do. You just happened to speak up :o Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. I'm not trying to "correct other's opinions" either. But when you present something as fact, I'm going to present the facts.

The other thing is, you say "what made the franchise so popular". What exactly is that? I've gotten into debates with guys that I'm actually friends with(I would like to include you in that list) that keep saying the movies "just aren't Joe enough". But I can never get them to explain that. What's Joe to you? Sunbow? With or Without BATs? Marvel? DiC? Devil's Due? IDW? Valor Vs Venom? Spy Troops? Your own Dio stories? If they said Larry Hama is working on the script would that be all you need? For the record(and to try and stay on topic), I think that would be a KILLER idea. WindsorVT says the comics were great cause it had that realistic edge. I know a few guys that don't want Joe to get gritty. They like it light and fun.

To be fair, this thread is called "What would YOU like to see?" So think of it more like this: Paramount comes to you(whomever is reading this) specifically and says "Hey buddy, we want to make a third GI Joe movie. Tell us what to do. You're totally in charge." Now with that in mind, go back to your original response Low Light. There's not much to go off of there. I would love to hear your ideas. Seriously, there's no sarcasm there. I really would like to hear your movie pitch. Cause if it's awesome, I want to get behind it! And that goes for everybody.

SELL ME ON YOUR JOE MOVIE!!!

manolive@hotmail.com
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
To all...

does anyone want to compile all of our ideas into a potential plot summary for GI Joe 3?

In the meantime, yes Raven. I think that would be fun! Going back and reading some of these posts, we were getting some cool ideas. Get us a summary and a cast update and let's all get this thing rolling. They're looking for new writers. Why not the fans of the Official Collector's Club? :cool:

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Remaining cast from GI Joe 1+2 brought back.

New cast members for GI Joe 3:

Hugh Jackman = Major Bludd
Tom Cruise = Tomax & Xamot
Samuel L. Jackson = Stalker
Danny Trejo = Ripper (or the new Dreadnok, Machete)
Robert Maillet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maillet)= Road Pig
Tank Girl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Girl) (placeholder)= Zarana
Liam Neeson = Keel Haul
Shane West (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_West) = Shipwreck

Hawk and Colton are working together to build a workable team again. During that time, Extensive Enterprises, headed by well-spoken twins Tomax and Xamot, expands their reach and realm to provide America a security service, the Crimson Guard. GI Joes not in service are sent to investigate, and find that they want to rule the world too.

During all of that, Zarana leads the Dreadnoks on a cross-country road-trip to find the man who murdered her brother.

At the end, Iron Grenadiers are seen excavating the hibernation chamber concealing Destro.

Oh yea, and there's some B.A.T.s in there too, somewhere.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-08-2014, 02:42 PM
My version- It is a Reboot of the whole trilogy and has to be done by Marvel studios to get the right amount of realism (grit) and comedy (camp) and has to involve Larry Hama. Forgive me if it is hard to follow or the timelines don't jive, I am not a writer, but like the idea of following the Marvel universe as created by Hama and tying it into the greater Marvel Universe where the idea originally came from.

Opens with a narration tying all the mythologies Roman, Greek, Norse together with the legends of Atlantis and Shangri-La (Cobra-La) Sets up Golobulous as the son of Cecrops 1, tying in the Gorgans, Medusa and the original Hydra seeking revenge on humankind, and believing he is the rightful ruler of the earth as a god to the puny mortals. Creating a plan that uses the seven deadly sins (Greed, Envy, Lust, etc.) against mankind to build/control armies, and build allegiances. Explains that all wars through history have been Golobulous' attempt to conquer humankind.

Flash forward to WWII- using the same method to implant the idea for Serpentor in Dr. Mindbender The idea to create a shadow organization called HYDRA for its many heads is planted in Baron Von Strucker, besides HYDRA led by Red Skull, another group is formed and led by Baron Ironblood called the Red Shadows. During the flashback period introductions and connections to SHIELD/Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos are made. It also serves as a point to introduce Joseph Colton's father, and Zartan and his sibling's father. During a hospital scene, Fury, Colton Sr. and Zartan's father ( a member of the Australian Royal Navy during WWII) are administered different formulas by Professor Berthold Sternberg. Colton's is to increase brain power and strategic thinking, Fury's is the Infinity formula, Zartan's is a more complex genetic ****tail infusing DNA into him that is suppose to allow him to alter his bone structure and skin tone like a chameleon. The Howling Commandos rescue their leader and Colton as well as free the other "test subjects" When the military shuts down the hospital Professor Berthold Sternberg escapes with some of his research and the infinity formula. The research is given to Howard Stark who sets off to meet with Dr Henry Jones Sr. to look at the references to god-like mythology references. The "test subjects" show no adverse signs from the formulas they took, but this does embed in their DNA and effect their children. Reference the scourge of Red Shadows and Hydra.

Forward to a High school sporting event/activity where Joseph Colton- Class leader, wins a competition by developing and utilizing a unique and surprising tactic. Colton Sr. talking to a General about how excited he is that Colton is going to West Point transition Colton's life through West point and into the Vietnam war era. Introduce some key future Joe team member, and adventure team members. Set up Stalker, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow and a member of Colton's unit named 'Dan' through the Marvel origins story lines. Tie in a connection to Red Shadows and the failure stopped by Colton's unit in Vietnam to Baron Iron Blood leaving Red Shadows ( a failure designed by Baron Iron Blood through Cobra-La/Golobulous) in order to form Cobra in America. Introduce key players in this time Destro, Crimson Twins, Major Bludd, and the Dreadnoks (started by Zartan's disillusioned and disenfranchised father). Develop a transition
from Colton leaving the Vietnam era and being tasked by the President with commanding the Adventure Team. Introduce other key future Joe and Cobra characters in passing. Go through a couple of adventure team stories.

Colton gets a notice that 'Dan' has died in a car crash, that the other family involved was Storm Shadow and the Storm Shadow survived, but his family was killed. Colton and the members of the unit go to his service. There they meet Dan's brother (Cobra Commander as we know him) a used car salesman, who just lost his father in the previous year, now his brother and whose life is spiraling out of control. He blames Storm shadow's family for the death of his brother (Marvel Comics origin story). After the funeral Cobra Commander, while going through Dan's belongings finds the communication from their father (turns out to be Baron Ironblood) that sets up Red Shadow's failure, and the subsequent organization that he founded Cobra. Cobra Commander puts on the hood for the first time and starts acquainting himself with the members of his father's organization taking charge. Here Golobulous sends Pythona to explain how the organization works, and that he works for Cobra-La's multi faceted organization, which has grown to include connections to legitimate business enterprises with ulterior motives- Extensive enterprises and the Crimson Guard, MARS and the Iron Grenadiers, etc and rouge dictators (such as Iron Klaw future introduction).

Flash to a meeting in the early 80's General Lawrence Flagg, Admiral Evrett Colby, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Joseph Colton, and the President. At this meeting General Flagg and Admiral Colby are pitching the idea of creating a special military division made up of the best of all branches of the service and specialties larger than the adventure team. Not only do they worry about rogue groups such as Red Shadows, Hydra, and other terrorist threats and nations, but the growing influence and power of SHIELD. Deciding America needed a line of defense against SHIELD they suggest that Brigadier General Joseph Colton set up an advanced weapons development unit (with GI Jane) and select a team to be codenamed after his original code name of G.I. Joe. Introduce the original 13 plus Duke.

Cobra commander meets with Zartan's father and the Dreadnoks to discuss revenge against Storm Shadow as the Dreadnoks are one of the organizations under Cobra-La's reach. Here we see the effects of the formula on Zartan and his siblings as the sun hits them, changing their skin color and causing them pain. Zartan's father call Zartan in to look at a picture and to discuss the contract to not only eventually have Storm Shadow killed, but to do so in a way that causes him the most pain and anguish. Follow the Marvel story line of Storm Shadow.

Transition into Cobra becoming a powerful threat to the US and world and the MASS Device/Serpentor story lines and add some new twists. Intro the characters...etc.

My take...

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-08-2014, 08:19 PM
That might make a better series of graphic novels. I think its a really cool idea, but I think I'd like to read that.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Of course they would have to release the graphic novels with the movies, along with some extra missions in between the timeline of the movies... But these would clearly require MARVEL to be involved. Part of me wonders if the reason that Paramount went in such a different direction was due to MARVEL/Disney having copyright over some of the story lines from the original comics. If that is the case, why not work with MARVEL Studios and bring GI Joe home where it belongs. :)

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Denis Leary as the Fred series Crimson Guards.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-09-2014, 08:59 PM
I think Jennifer Lawrence has the looks for Zarana, I saw her on the cover of a magazine at Wal-Mart with eye shadow and short hair. Looks pretty good.

I don't know, however, if she can put enough of the needed grit for the part. All I've seen her in is X-Men and the Hunger Games.

That said, She would need to be Zartan's baby sister, given the age of Arnold Vosloo.

charles.phillips@penske.com
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
I keep thinking of what made GI Joe fun. I think it was a mix of the characters (both Joe and Cobra) and the crazy situations they got in. What i would like to see is something akin to the first two cartoon movies. for example.

Start with Cobra (Baroness or Storm Shadow) stealing an advanced military MCGUFFFIN. Don't even mess around with continuity...just ignore it. Cobra uses it to create a deadly weapon similar to BET or Weather Dominator, something really bad a$$ and from orbit. all of this in the first 15 minutes. The US responds by sending a missile that breaks the pieces into three parts. Maybe the original MCGUFFIN started causing crazy weather. So snow in the jungle, rain in the dessert etc. All the countries that have bad weather are helping fund Cobra, so they get water or their enemies get none...

The three parts fall into three places on the planet that GI Joe is called in to retrieve. Quaid as General Hawk quickly puts together three teams....one led by Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, one led by Scarlet ( can't remember who played her) and one led by Stalker (MIchael Jai White). The teams are made up of four members so they can be quick. Add some fun GI Joe Characters that would be real characters like Gung Ho, Shipwreck, Clutch etc. Just ignore the last movie completely....act like it didn't happen.

Cobra Commander does the same thing. The Cobra teams can be bigger, fleshed out with name characters and filled in with regular cobra grunts for the Joes to kill.

then set the three items in places that are set up for adventure. One in a jungle, in a temple ala' Nathan Drake. Other one in the Himalayas and the third in some other exotic place...maybe one of those large rock islands in Indonesia or some canyon area in Australia. Then you have fast paced action cutting between each group trying to get the pieces...heroic jumps, rope climbing, getting shot, rock slides, ...avoiding calamity while fighting the other groups. mini- cliff hangers through out the movie. Like when you read a book and at the end of a chapter something crazy happens and then the next chapter is about another character. At first you're mad but in a good book the next characters entanglements draw you in. And make the action crazy, with flash floods in the mountains, with snow on the island and crazy animals rampaging due to weird weather. Make it so you don't have time to take a breath. Remember Predator? those were basically Joes, only had a limited story and with very little dialogue or screentime you instantly knew each character and liked them. When i say you I mean the basic audience member.

the story progresses quickly, like twenty five minutes each total time for each team (going back and forth) and maybe the Joes lose EVERY SINGLE PIECE. Maybe Zarana is a spy inside Joe HQ flirting with Mainframe and giving Cobra advanced information. The joes in the field figure this out, tell Hawk, he plants a bug on Zarana and follow her to Cobra HQ which could be a high rise building. The Joe teams all assault the building ...one from the air, one from the ground and one from the sewers or something. Kind of a Die Hard ending with the building blowing up, most the of the Joes getting out and the MCGUFFIN secured and the fate of most of the Cobra leads unknown. then an after credits scene of the Cobra leaders wading through the sewer or eating schwarma....

That's a movie i want. Quick lines that identify characters...give them uniforms that match their iconic look (as long as Stalker has a beret and a mustache, we all know who he is, a guy with a beard who talks to his imaginary bird is obviously Shipwreck, grey shirt and techno stuff all attached is mainframe...same for the cobra teams). The point is make them instantly recognizable as specific characters to us (the gi joe FAN) and as an instant archetype to the world wide audience.

The key is not to try to make deep characters using 30 years of background. Quick lines no long back story....like Predator...less is more as far as dialogue is concerned. Action, action and more action. Make sure each team has some females so there can be romantic moments....real ones...not Ripcord flirting like a ten year old. Nothing with Snake Eyes because a blank facemask is not romantic.

Add all that up....a fun super fast paced movie with characters built for us and for the movie audience.

rew97@live.com
07-19-2014, 09:30 PM
I think Hasbro needs to get the rights back from Paramount after this movie as fast as humanly possible and grant them to Marvel Studios. It is time to bring GI Joe and the story home to where it belongs. After all, GI Joe is really a part of the greater Marvel Universe, Larry Hama said when approached about GI Joe he already had an idea for an ultra advanced military force to coexist with SHIELD. Plus Marvel/Disney has the pockets and clout to get the right actors, the right producers, directors, writers, etc.

G.I. Joe is not part of the greater Marvel universe in any way, shape or form. Larry Hama used ideas in the Joe universe he had intended for SHIELD before getting the joe assignment. True, there were a few cameo's of Marvel characters like the guy dressed as Hulk in issue 10 and J. Jonah Jameson in the Snake Eyes trilogy, but they were not intended to suggest G.I. Joe and Marvel exist in the same universe.
Also I highly doubt Hasbro would disrespect IDW comics to get Marvel's help in producing what is sure to be yet another generic action movie in G.I. Joe 3.

rcmejia@gmail.com
07-20-2014, 09:14 AM
how about they kill the wimpy flint

rjhiii@sover.net
07-20-2014, 02:26 PM
G.I. Joe is not part of the greater Marvel universe in any way, shape or form. Larry Hama used ideas in the Joe universe he had intended for SHIELD before getting the joe assignment. True, there were a few cameo's of Marvel characters like the guy dressed as Hulk in issue 10 and J. Jonah Jameson in the Snake Eyes trilogy, but they were not intended to suggest G.I. Joe and Marvel exist in the same universe.
Also I highly doubt Hasbro would disrespect IDW comics to get Marvel's help in producing what is sure to be yet another generic action movie in G.I. Joe 3.

Hama's intent was to make a comic that was an offshoot of SHIELD. MARVEL, at the time, did not see it. Then when Hasbro came to them Hama was assigned GI Joe and the rest is basically history. And ANYTHING printed by MARVEL is part of the Marvel Universe, and if realities can co-exist they do. That is why J. Jonah Jameson appeared. Personally, that is also how you can tie Cobra-La, the Star Brigade and all the other craziness into GI Joe. BTW, I think the Transformers would also fit into this greater universe, as you know Marvel has alternate universes/realities etc throughout the comics. Personally, I think it would make a better story than the crap Paramount has given. Also, this would not be GI Joe 3, but an entire reboot and pretend the Paramount films don't exist...

rew97@live.com
07-21-2014, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=rjhiii@sover.net;3784]Hama's intent was to make a comic that was an offshoot of SHIELD. MARVEL, at the time, did not see it. Then when Hasbro came to them Hama was assigned GI Joe and the rest is basically history. And ANYTHING printed by MARVEL is part of the Marvel Universe, and if realities can co-exist they do.

Anything published by a comic book company is not part of their universe DC and Marvel both have printed Star Trek, and you will not see Spook hanging out with either Batman or Spider-Man. So again, G.I. Joe is not part of the Marvel universe and was never intended to be.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-22-2014, 09:50 AM
You are missing the point completely- If it exists in the same "real world" with a few crossovers that makes it possible. (I don't remember Spock hanging out with Batman-I must have missed that issue), but J. Jonas has crossed over. Second, Larry Hama himself linked the two in interviews over the year. His "intent" was to create a sci-fi Army that could rival SHIELD. He also stated he developed some of the story ideas specifically for that purpose when he was offered the Hasbro toy line. Third, this thread is about what "you" would like to see- and that is what I would like to see. You may actually like the crappy GI Joe movie series that Paramount has put out, you have the right to your opinions.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Though a Star Trek GI Joe crossover would be interesting and weird, The events of Star Trek proper happen in the 25th century if I'm not mistaken. The GI Joe franchise we know and love was introduced in the 20th century, and refined in the 21st. Who says they can't be part of the same universe when things are that far apart?

rjhiii@sover.net
07-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Well it is not like Star Trek has never traveled back into time and the 20th Century... Star Trek VI (the one with the Whales)...

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Couple minor things before the goofs get on our case about sliding off topic. Star Trek was the 23rd (original series) and 24th (Next Gen/DSR/Voyager) and it was Star Trek IV that was the one with the Whales

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Hmmm.

Nevertheless, I just watched Olympus has Fallen, and I was impressed with a number of things about it. GI Joe 3, or GI Joe 1 v2 would work well with a higher grit content. Not to exclude any of the young'uns out there, Paramount can continue with GI Joe 3, but something more mature with a seriousness that we find so prevalent in the world we live in today, yet retain a bit of tongue in cheek humor, would be a needed change of pace.

In secret over the past twenty years, a nameless man has been amassing an army. Comprised of men and women removed from various international militant forces, men and women with a bone to pick with their nationality. In the shadows of a place called Cobra Island they trained and they plotted, spreading sleepers to the four corners of the world.

When the man, now know as "The Commander" to the forces he controls, felt the time was right, he instructed the sleepers to detonate charges placed in the foundation and structure of the Pentagon, and sank it into the soil of Langley, VA. Similar orders were given to sleepers in all the superpowers.

Without giving the dust the appropriate amount of time to settle, "The Commander" hijacked all radio, wi-fi, and television signals in the world. He gave his demand, control.

The President of the United States, from an undisclosed secure location, ordered the ARAH Initiative be activated. General Abernathy of the U.S. Military, was appointed leader of the team he was to assemble in 12 hours, GI JOE.

rew97@live.com
07-23-2014, 12:00 AM
You are missing the point completely- If it exists in the same "real world" with a few crossovers that makes it possible. (I don't remember Spock hanging out with Batman-I must have missed that issue), but J. Jonas has crossed over. Second, Larry Hama himself linked the two in interviews over the year. His "intent" was to create a sci-fi Army that could rival SHIELD. He also stated he developed some of the story ideas specifically for that purpose when he was offered the Hasbro toy line. Third, this thread is about what "you" would like to see- and that is what I would like to see. You may actually like the crappy GI Joe movie series that Paramount has put out, you have the right to your opinions.

I do not think you understand that of which you speak, as you have made several statements that are just plain wrong. Anyway, I'm done arguing with you about this. You have the right to your own opinion, not your own facts. May I suggest you re-read some of the letters pages from the Marvel issues if you have them, and also learn about how comic book continuities work in regard to licensed properties.

As for G.I. Joe 3 I think they should scrap it completely as am sure it will be nothing but another generic and forgetable action movie, where Flint is a sissy, Cover Girl is dead and Cobra Commander is a cheap Darth Vader rip off. Instead I think Hasbro should go for another ARAH animated show make it TV PG to draw in Joe fans young and old. Have the show take place in the 80's and follow the ARAH comic continuity.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-23-2014, 08:05 AM
I listened to Larry Hama about how GI Joe came about- first person interview- this is a fact, not conjecture. He said he had been pitching the idea to the MARVEL execs, who did not "see the need for the unit outside of SHIELD". I don't care about the licenses as it applies- Hasbro owns GI Joe and all licenses and trademarks, Marvel owns their licenses and trademarks, Marvel has allowed use of their licensed characters into GI Joe comics, and Hasbro has licensed GI Joe to Marvel, and MARVEL to HASBRO before. As for continuities- the differences are always explained as alternate timelines, universes, dimensions, etc if they want it to be canon. Keep in mind that Disney-Lucas Film is now currently rewriting the entire Star Wars Extended Universe Continuity with episode 7. All comics, books, cartoons not produced under their direction are no longer canon, or part of the Extended Universe. When it comes to large companies, they can do what they want when they own the properties. No need to re read or "learn" about comic continuities.

But I see we both agree that the movie series is awful, doesn't follow any continuity and should be scrapped as non-canon, and some sort of reboot is necessary. I do like Cloaked Raven's thoughts above, which would have to be a reboot since Cobra Commander and Hawk have already been introduced into the first two bad, but very profitable movies.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-23-2014, 03:48 PM
I do like Cloaked Raven's thoughts above, which would have to be a reboot since Cobra Commander and Hawk have already been introduced into the first two bad, but very profitable movies.

Awwww, thanks buddy. I like my thoughts too.;)

Here's more:

Have Cobra Commander played by Ron Pearlman, he has a voice and delivery that is perfect for a villain. This villain, not to steamroll over what Chris Latta (bless his heart) had established, but a high squeaky terrorist does not scream "Don't mess* with me."

I can imagine it very well, a clandestine meeting in Castle McCullen in northern Scotland. Two forms, illuminated by the light of a grand fireplace, separated by a long banquet table. Food of many kinds and origins fill the surface of the table as the pair discuss business.

"Solar powered, completely autonomous, they're the perfect soldiers for ye. With these ye need not cloth them, or feed them, or pay them. They be cheap, easy to manfacture, yet durable and deadly. What do ye thin o' that?"

"Excellent Destro. Your endeavors in the devices of war never cease to amaze me." (Imagine Ron Pearlman saying that!)

*insert stronger expletive here.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
11-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Mark Wahlberg as Lowlight. Why? Well, this (http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?523-The-14th-original-Joe) and this (http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/shooter-mark-wahlberg-250368_1280_1024.jpg).

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
11-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Reboot to original character lines. Basically a movie based on Pursuit of Cobra style.

science_mrk@yahoo.com
06-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Hmmm.

Nevertheless, I just watched Olympus has Fallen, and I was impressed with a number of things about it. GI Joe 3, or GI Joe 1 v2 would work well with a higher grit content. Not to exclude any of the young'uns out there, Paramount can continue with GI Joe 3, but something more mature with a seriousness that we find so prevalent in the world we live in today, yet retain a bit of tongue in cheek humor, would be a needed change of pace.

In secret over the past twenty years, a nameless man has been amassing an army. Comprised of men and women removed from various international militant forces, men and women with a bone to pick with their nationality. In the shadows of a place called Cobra Island they trained and they plotted, spreading sleepers to the four corners of the world.

When the man, now know as "The Commander" to the forces he controls, felt the time was right, he instructed the sleepers to detonate charges placed in the foundation and structure of the Pentagon, and sank it into the soil of Langley, VA. Similar orders were given to sleepers in all the superpowers.

Without giving the dust the appropriate amount of time to settle, "The Commander" hijacked all radio, wi-fi, and television signals in the world. He gave his demand, control.

The President of the United States, from an undisclosed secure location, ordered the ARAH Initiative be activated. General Abernathy of the U.S. Military, was appointed leader of the team he was to assemble in 12 hours, GI JOE.

Your ideas are awesome. You should be writing a script for G.I.Joe the movie.